Disobeying the LHCF hair police!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Hey,

Have you noticed that LHCF seems to have certain 'laws' in order to gain long/healthy hair. I follow some of these so called laws.... HOWEVER, I break some :cool2:
So I'm starting this thread to find out the hair sins that you commit. This is light hearted fun so no bashing of others because of their hair sins, no calling people out and no comparing yourself to other people (e.g. "I don't know why 'so & so' does this, it's boring. Doing what I do is so much better")
This about YOU and YOUR hair sins.

Here are some of mine:

• I comb my hair everyday.
  • I lather more than once.
  • I don't co-wash. Never have, never will.
  • I'm not a fan of protective styling. I never did protective styling until winter came because I was fed up of the constant wind and cold getting in my hair and drying it out. But when the weather gets better, the hair is coming back out.
  • I don't strecth relaxers longer than 12 weeks.
If I remember more, I'll add them. Hope the LHCF police don't arrest me. :badcop:

If it works for you, I don't see anything wrong with it.

- I comb my hair every day. Every single day. Several times a day if I'm bored.

- I don't co-wash. Ever. I like shampoo.

- I don't deep condition. I don't do any special treatments out of necessity. If I do them, it's because I want to try something new or I want to treat myself to some DIY spa activity. And I like the smell of cassia.

- I don't own a silk scarf to sleep in, nor do I own silk pillowcases. I sleep on normal every day cotton pillowcases. And I like them!

- I don't have any time goals to keep me motivated. Hair grows. It'll get there when it gets there. I'm enjoying the ride.

- My idea of a "protective style" is a bun. I wouldn't know the first thing about wigs, and the whole braiding/weaving/fake hair thing is an alien subject to me.

I think the idea of the LHCF police scares too many people from telling the truth about what they really do. I've never noticed any, and if they did exist (self-appointed, most likely) I don't think I'd pay them any mind :lachen:

-I don't DC

-I don't pre poo

-I think I cowashed 6 times my whole life

-I wash my hair every 2 weeks

-I don't PS

-I rarely remember to comb from the bottom up. I try to though.

-I never moisturize

-I use heat with every wash

I barely DC
I dont moisturize unless its from co-washing process(conditioner & oil)
I brush and comb my hair while it is wet.
I dont protect my hair, unless i have it in a certain style(new twist,straighten hair)
thers probably more but i cant think of any right now:lachen:

Similar to the thread yesterday - let's hope this one survives! :D

Yes I like to lather more than once sometimes
I need more than a dime sized amount of conditioner for my hair
I wear my hair down maybe once in the week during winter, more during the summer season

Similar to the thread yesterday - let's hope this one survives! :D

Yes I like to lather more than once sometimes
I need more than a dime sized amount of conditioner for my hair
I wear my hair down maybe once in the week during winter, more during the summer season

My sentiments exactly, thanks for starting that CT. Even though i'm on a "personal" no heat usage this year I am not against using heat if used correctly.

I def lather more than once.

I like to wear my hair out and i like to play in it a lot - new growth and relaxed ends.

To the bolded i have never seen a dime so is that a 10p amount 5p amount?? :perplexed All i know is put as much as is needed!

I like mineral oil based products.
I love products with cones.
I have and will use sulfate products.

:yep:

• I relax every 7 to 10 weeks
  • I use some form of heat with every wash
  • I wear my hair down every day
  • I believe shampoo is a must for me
  • I like hair grease
  • I love cones
*drum roll*

• As of this minute, I have not washed my hair in 15 days and I still have swing. :grin:

If it works for you, I don't see anything wrong with it.

- I comb my hair every day. Every single day. Several times a day if I'm bored.

- I don't co-wash. Ever. I like shampoo.

- I don't deep condition. I don't do any special treatments out of necessity. If I do them, it's because I want to try something new or I want to treat myself to some DIY spa activity. And I like the smell of cassia.

- I don't own a silk scarf to sleep in, nor do I own silk pillowcases. I sleep on normal every day cotton pillowcases. And I like them!

- I don't have any time goals to keep me motivated. Hair grows. It'll get there when it gets there. I'm enjoying the ride.

- My idea of a "protective style" is a bun. I wouldn't know the first thing about wigs, and the whole braiding/weaving/fake hair thing is an alien subject to me.

I think the idea of the LHCF police scares too many people from telling the truth about what they really do. I've never noticed any, and if they did exist (self-appointed, most likely) I don't think I'd pay them any mind :lachen:

Before I joined LHCF, I did pretty much all this and my hair length has been healthy and anywhere between SL to TBL since I had my first relaxer when I was 10. The only things I have changed are the fact that I sleep on a satin pillowcase and don't comb every day. I use direct heat with every wash in the winter, I use shampoo with every wash ( LUURV shampoo), I DC as needed, don't moisturize every day, the closest thing I do to PS is using an octopus clip and I rarely do protein treatments. I also change my reggie ALL the time, so what I do this month might be totally different from what I do the next month. So far my hair seems to be happy and thriving, considering that I'm 8 months into my transition and my hair is just about HL....

Not everything works for everyone... JMO.

As of today I don't care about the hair type thing. I used to want to know my curl pattern because of how certain products would work but I've realised that products work for people differently. Someone wih my hair type may hate the things I do to or put in my hair. Everyone for their own although I'm still willing to take tips and decide if I want to try it out or not.
And I therefore don't believe in getting a hair twin now. I'm unique.

I don't pre-poo
I don't co-wash
I don't massage my scalp
I do wear my pony tail TIGHT AS HELL
I do sleep in a satin, not silk, scarf
I do put grease on my scalp
I do apply direct heat

I am working on getting better esp since I have a retention issue. SL is my claim to fame :perplexed

I wash once every two weeks.
I use flat iron after every wash.
i wear my hair out when i go out even though it's grazing shoulder length.
I joined the scalp massage challenge but don't massage my scalp, and i think i'm on the water challenge but barely drink any water.
I've never posted any pictures of my hair.

This thread is funny. I guess I was oblivious to the "hair police." When it' all said andd done, you really have to do what works for YOUR hair. Once you find a solid reggie that works then stick to it:lol:

Having said that my input is below...

I wash every 2 weeks and use the blowdryer and flatiron on wash day

I don't think any of these things are bad, as long as you don't come back later complaining about why you don't have any progress.:yep:

I do like petrolatum-based grease for my ends sometimes.

- I go swimming the day after I get a relaxer. Yesterday before going swimming, I did not put conditioner on my hair. My hair is just fine today after coloring, deep conditioning it, drying it, flat ironing it... etc.

-I like grease.

I never do any of this stuff but I have always had long hair I like the off topics and other threads I never asked for advice I never needed it.

I don't co-wash.

I have been relaxing every 10 weeks.

I get trims :lachen:
That's it:sad: i am sure i break more rules i can't remember now

Oh yes...I use heat, I comb daily, I use shampoo and cones

I comb my hair everyday. I honestly believe only those with type 3 and below can really not comb their hair for months or only finger comb. I believe type 4 need to take a comb to it to get the shed hair out and to prevent the hair from wrapping around itself.

I don't wash my hair in sections. I have tried it numerous times and every time I did, it took me forever while washing my hair and I ended up taking a cold shower. Honestly, since I comb everyday my hair is easily detangled during my wash day.

I don't see the benefits of cowashing(more growth, more moisture in hair, etc.). I only do it in the summer to help keep me cool during the summer heat with damp hair.

As of today I don't care about the hair type thing. I used to want to know my curl pattern because of how certain products would work but I've realised that products work for people differently. Someone wih my hair type may hate the things I do to or put in my hair. Everyone for their own although I'm still willing to take tips and decide if I want to try it out or not.
And I therefore don't believe in getting a hair twin now. I'm unique.

I don't get the focus on hair type either, particularly when it comes to curl size. That just seems to go along with the old idea with bigger curls and waves are some how better. I would think how fine or coarse your hair is, or how thick or thin, or density would be better indicators of how you should treat your hair and what products are necessary. Curl size... not so much.

You talk about products working differently for different people. Well I think you will get more consistency when you consider how fine your strands are. For the most part, fine hair prefers liquid rather than cream moisture. Curl pattern isn't telling you anything, imho.

I like clarifying weekly. I get better hair results when I do. It has yet to dry my hair out.

Easiest protective style I do is put it up and fuhgeddaboutit. I'm at a length where a cute bun isn't possible yet, but I just swirl around my little ponytail and apply a cute clip. Easy and semi- cute. I don't know a thing about wigs, weaves, etc. Plus I don't have the confidence to wear fake hair. Each time I tried I thought people were looking at me more than usual (in a bad way):look:

I comb and even sometimes brush my hair when its wet
I use petroleum and mineral oil based products sometimes
I rarely DC
I don't pre-poo
I lather up twice most wash days
I use SLS shampoo sometimes

I don't cowash.. did it once, I love shampoo.
I don't pre-poo any more, I'm now impatient and want get wash day over a.s.a.p
I like cones, they like me back
Sometimes I leave conditioner on for 5 minutes and rinse it off

I don't think any of these things are bad, as long as you don't come back later complaining about why you don't have any progress.:yep:

I do like petrolatum-based grease for my ends sometimes.

Exactly. :yep:

I use shampoos with sulfates (even though I love cowashing so I can probably get away with more).

I don't go out of my way to avoid petroleum products, i.e. if I like a product and i has that in there I won't stop using it. I won't purposely buy something with a bunch of fillers in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back