Dilemma--Should I meet him or not???

ScorpioBeauty09

So I get a text from a guy who was in my Masters cohort, he's in town and wants to get together for coffee and catch up on what's been going on in our field. He's in a pretty unique position with his job so I'm interested in hearing what's been going on. The thing is we became friends shortly before we graduated but there was some heavy flirting on his end.:look: His text didn't say "date" but I've been in this situation before and I got duped into a date when I thought it was just 2 friends hanging out.:nono: I'm okay meeting him if it's just friends/colleagues since we are in the same field and I'd like to be in contact with him for professional reasons.:ohwell: But I'm not interested in dating him at all.

I was able to get out of meeting him this week since I'm busy all through next week but he's like "I'll call you when I'm back next month." I don't want to cut him off but I'm skeptical of meeting him if he's got other intentions.:look:

Any advice???

Hi ScorpioBeauty09! Maybe you should just go in case you change your mind later. As you get older, all types of men start to look like prospects, lol! Seriously, I do not believe in burning bridges. You never know what the future holds. I hope this helps somewhat.

I don't see why not, it's only coffee and not a real 'date date'. Let us know what you decide. (I'm nosy like that) :yep:

There is only one way to find out what his intentions are. Just go out with him and if it turns out to be a date then you can make up an excuse and can leave after an hour. Its a pain but not the end of the world.

Back