Did You Marry Your College Sweetheart?

poookie

Or did you go to school with someone that eventually became your fiancee / husband / future significant other for life?

Or did y'all meet after you left school... like, at work or something...

Any success stories?

Last edited:
Lol... me and my college sweetheart THOUGHT we were getting married. Actually, I should have been "engaged" by now, and planning for our wedding.

We dated for 2 years and broke up a few months ago.... all our friends we REALLY surprised... we ALL thought we would be that storybook couple. :yawn:

So uhhh... thats my story.

I *think* my College Sweetheart and I will get married. I dunno. We've been together since 02. It's been 2 years since graduation. He says he's waiting to get his ish together....:ohwell: Whatever.

I married my high school sweetheart. We were sweethearts throughout college too so technically I guess I married my college sweetheart too. :yep:

I married my college sweetheart. But I wouldn't call it a success; we're currently separated and will be divorced pretty soon.:ohwell:

:yep: I sure did. We met thru mutual friends. We will celebrate 8 years of marriage in July :yay: We have been together for 15 years.

I married my college sweetheart. We dated off and on for two years, broke up for four years, then got back together. We dated for about a year, got engaged then got married. We've been married for seven years.

I married my high school sweetheart. We've been together 21 yrs and married 17 of them. We've been together more than half our lives!:yep:

So... my college sweetheart expressed the fact that he wants to get back together with me again.

Did any of you have a yoyo relationship with ur college sweetheart? Cuz this guys is grating my nerves right now. :wallbash:

A big awwww....to all of the marriages. I broke up with my high school boyfriend of 3 years due to him getting another girl pregnant on me so there is no chance in heck that we'll get back together. I still have two more years left in college tho!! So I'm praying that I find someone......I think it's very sweet and romantic to marry someone you've known for that period of time and in that capacity.

So... my college sweetheart expressed the fact that he wants to get back together with me again.

Did any of you have a yoyo relationship with ur college sweetheart? Cuz this guys is grating my nerves right now. :wallbash:

Girl yes!!! I have yo-yo relationships with most of them. It's due to the fact that they (well, both of us really) are young, immature, and growing. We're starting to learn how to handle and deal with life and its stresses. I think if you stick it out, many of the problems will eventually subside. If they don't, then he's not maturing. GET AWAY. No need for the heartache and pain, sistah.

Back