Did they change the Lacio Lacio formula?

s_terry

I thought Lacio Lacio had Mink oil in it? I ordered Star Lacio Lacio from IbeautyNY and here are the ingredients,
Water
Cetearyl alcohol
Hydrolized Silk
Dimethicone Copolyol
Cetrimonium Chloride
Pathenol
DMDM Hydantoin
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Fragrance.

I will look for the thread but I could have sworn the post with the ingredients listed, listed mink oil. Did I get the wrong one?

Last edited:
This is what's listed from sick bay.

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mink Oil, Hydrolized Silk, Dimenthicone Copoliol, Cetrimonium Chloride, panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben and Fragance.

I thought you may have ordered the Lacio Lacio Conditioner (new product) instead of the leave in but the ingredients on my conditioner does not match yours.
The Lacio Lacio conditioner is just as good as the leave in this combo works great on my hair.

buttaflye03 said:
Ok see now I have to buy this product now to make sure I get the mink oil one, right fellow PJs? ;)

Your are right Girl,
Must now stock up on original formula.

I just received my Lacio Lacio from Sickbay and it does NOT say mink oil on the the list of ingredients.

buttaflye03 said:
Ok see now I have to buy this product now to make sure I get the mink oil one, right fellow PJs? ;)
You are soo right, ME TOO! I just went through the same thing with my Dove Sheer spray. Gotta stock up :grin:

This is very interesting because for some odd reason, I always thought that mine had mink oil in. However, it doesn't and the bottle I'm using now is my first bottle/purchase of Lacio Lacio. I just recieved an order last week for two more Lacio Lacio Leave-in cons and they don't have mink oil in them either.

ETA: I purchase(d) my Lacio Lacio from Sickbay.

Ok I'm pissed! :mad: I have been waiting and waiting to get this because of the raves and I get a bootleg version!!!

AnKY do you have the ones with Mink Oil? I should have followed my first mind and just ordered fron you, but needed to restock on everything and needed stuff from I beauty. This sucks butt!:(

s_terry said:
Ok I'm pissed! :mad: I have been waiting and waiting to get this because of the raves and I get a bootleg version!!!

AnKY do you have the ones with Mink Oil? I should have followed my first mind and just ordered fron you, but needed to restock on everything and needed stuff from I beauty. This sucks butt!:(

I have the one w/o the mink and I've been raving about it for weeks and it is now a staple. I don't think it is all that different but who knows. It's only one ingredient less. All I know is that the Lacio Lacio that I love and have been talking about is the one without Mink oil. Mine makes my hair silky, smooth, light, shiny and my frizzies are gone. Try it out first and then judge.

I just talked with the guy from sickbay...he is totally unaware if there has been any changes. I guess the way they detect a change in the product is if the label is totally different and in this case it isn't. The picture is still the same. He suggested that I send him an email and explain my concern and he will follow up with the company...maybe if he receives more than one email he will actually do it:lol:

Next time I'm at the BSS, I will be checking the labels of all of them. :look:

Naturelle, Good to know that you love it even without the mink oil. We will survive I guess.:perplexed

Chiming in ! I ordered from Sickbay and mine is missing the mink oil as well. So my hair does not know what Its missing since I have not tried the other one. But I really love the way my hair feels. But I will be comparing this to Salerm 21 next.

Mine doesn't have the mink oil and I love it (it's a staple for me). I can't compare the two because I've never tried the original formula. I ordered it from Sickbay when they had the buy-one-get-one-free offer a couple months ago. I did notice one thing though, my bottles have a plastic, blue ring on them, the cap sits right on top of it.

I had to check my bottles. Mine doesn't say mink oil. But I only had one bottle prior and I didn't know anything about the mink oil? It says hydrolized silk, maybe that replaced the mink oil. I didn't notice anything different. I :heart: lacio and it's the bomb for me.

LABETT said:
Your are right Girl,
Must now stock up on original formula.

Okay, dayum. Something ELSE....I have to stock up on now...
let me go get bottles of this ****.

I'm about to have a hair product breakdown...

MonaLisa said:
Okay, dayum. Something ELSE....I have to stock up on now...
let me go get bottles of this ****.

I'm about to have a hair product breakdown...

I have already had one-STOCKED pile Suave M&H,DDTA,Praital Rinse and now
Lacio Lacio.

Dang, I can't believe that they changed it up. I just looked at my bottle and mink oil is the 3rd ingredient. I just hope that the new stuff works just as good.

sassyhair said:
Do I need to stock up on the praital silk worm rinse? Or did you just do it because you love it?
I know they change the formula of the Praital Conditioner not taking a chance with the Rinse.

Well I got 2347928034289042 of the old formula stashed.... they aint gonna play me again!!!!

well, maybe they're trying to make it vegan.... :lol:

Back