Did the Miss Jessies breakup do more harm than good?

I couldn't fork over that much money for my hair to begin with, but if I did I'd be highly upset with those results :nono:.

Wow! I was in love with the Ms. Jessie's page and even have it bookmarked. In addition to my LHCF ladies here, I found many natural inspirations on the page.

Looking at the link you provided, I can see a big difference; in some of the pics, it really does look as if the hair is just a relaxed wash n' go. In other, the hair looks nice though.

BB

The Miss Jessie's site used to inspire me too. I even tried their shingling technique. But this new site by Miko...... :nono:

You need to read the thread so1913 posted about her visit with A. Dickey and how he said their clients hair is really damaged and how he wouldn't do it.

You probably won't believe this, but my mother's ex-boyfriend was the father of Miko and Titi. Without revealing too much he lives in Harlem and is a real estate broker. They almost got married but just broke up this summer.

ANYWAY, I'm not too sure why they broke up but I think it has something to do with Miko moving to DC seeing as though their business and manufacturing warehouse was in NY. They were also involved in a lawsuit back last year (I'm not sure if its over) which THEY didn't tell my mom, Miko's son blurted it out, something about their product being a straight jack off of another product thats already on the market.

My mother's met them and I met Miko @ her apartment when she lived in Brooklyn. Also babysat her son one time.

Wow.. I wonder what product that would be???

especially this lady - she could've did that herself! :nono:

ba005.jpg
ba005a.jpg

Oooohhhh:nono:
That's what happened to me when I left Jazma... another high priced salon...
Now i get texturized with a good ol 10 dollar box of Scurl, and my hair is fab....

My Advice to you lady? get some Scurl! Save yourself 400 bucks

THIS is what a silkener looks like? :eek:

I had been hearing that term for years but never knew what it was. There's nothing impressive about it at all and I can't believe people pay so much money for that.:ohwell:

THIS is what a silkener looks like? :eek:

I had been hearing that term for years but never knew what it was. There's nothing impressive about it at all and I can't believe people pay so much money for that.:ohwell:

I'm telling you, back when I went all the silkener was was putting affirm on my hair for a short amount of time after being based with a LOT of clear oil. Of course in my young, naive college state I waited patiently for pretty curls to pop.

Since most of the rest of my hair was relaxed they told me it probably wouldn't look right (and it didn't, the curls were stringy and my curls are so tiny normally. Silly me wanted those big beautiful curls I saw on everyone else). Anyway I left the salon with a lot of product on my hair and I don't think it was crunchy but it was definitely something I never went back to do again.

Back