Did the Miss Jessies breakup do more harm than good?

lovelymissyoli

So I ventured over to www.findmiko.com after visiting Miss Jessies' site for details on their Valentine's Day offer. Anyways, as I was looking at the picture gallery on Miko's website I noticed that a lot of the silkeners she's done have lost their "flavor" --- it's claim to fame. What happened to the curls? :ohwell: In a lot of the photos, the clients don't seem to have much curl, but rather a lot of overprocessed hair :nono:. Am I just seeing things or does anyone else notice this as well?

I'd be sorely disappointed to pay $400 dollars for the end result to be something I could've done in my own bathroom!! :wallbash:

Maybe they worked better as a team after all...

It seems like many of those hair styles could be achieved with finger styling instead of a silkener. Some look great, but some look like the silkener was left in too long near the scalp...

Interesting...

Some of those styles def look overprocessed and limp. And the style that are full (that I like) seem like a simple twist or braidout on natural hair. :rolleyes:

Wow, those people are getting ripped off! I get more body with a wash n go, and I'm relaxed :ohwell:.

especially this lady - she could've did that herself! :nono:

ba005.jpg
ba005a.jpg

Hummm. It just looks like my hair does when I pick it or comb it out then wash and go. Nothing special at all:nono:. I'm confused by the hype.

THat looks disgusting. Im glad i didn't waste my money. I guess I won't be texturizing, if even they can mess it up

I must not know what I am looking for.. They looked nice to me

How can you tell if the hair was overprocessed?
Does anyone have picks of how it is suppose to look?

A few of the reviews have stated that Miko's assistant was acutally doing most of the work, so maybe this could be the problem.

Wow! I was in love with the Ms. Jessie's page and even have it bookmarked. In addition to my LHCF ladies here, I found many natural inspirations on the page.

Looking at the link you provided, I can see a big difference; in some of the pics, it really does look as if the hair is just a relaxed wash n' go. In other, the hair looks nice though.

BB

I didn't know they started separate things. I only went to Curve salon once way back in th day when they were still just the two sisters working out of the brownstone (with the tiniest bathroom I have ever been in, you know how they make them in those old houses). When I got a silkener she used Affirm on my hair and I didn't go back because I was mostly relaxed at the time and it just came out weird. I saw some pretty curls there though, just not from my head! :P

Wow, this customer simply looks like she got a bad perm :nono:. I wonder what happened with her technique? I'm a former Curve customer and I can't believe what I'm looking at. Maybe some of them don't know what it's "supposed" to look like. I know a friend of mine who was a natural went to them several times, but she didnt have a defined curl pattern to begin with, so the silkener had no curl to bring out - if that makes sense.

The customers should be advised of this before they get the silkener if that's the case so they dont waste their money.
pix019.jpg

You probably won't believe this, but my mother's ex-boyfriend was the father of Miko and Titi. Without revealing too much he lives in Harlem and is a real estate broker. They almost got married but just broke up this summer.

ANYWAY, I'm not too sure why they broke up but I think it has something to do with Miko moving to DC seeing as though their business and manufacturing warehouse was in NY. They were also involved in a lawsuit back last year (I'm not sure if its over) which THEY didn't tell my mom, Miko's son blurted it out, something about their product being a straight jack off of another product thats already on the market.

My mother's met them and I met Miko @ her apartment when she lived in Brooklyn. Also babysat her son one time.

Wow, this customer simply looks like she got a bad perm :nono:. I wonder what happened with her technique? I'm a former Curve customer and I can't believe what I'm looking at. Maybe some of them don't know what it's "supposed" to look like. I know a friend of mine who was a natural went to them several times, but she didnt have a defined curl pattern to begin with, so the silkener had no curl to bring out - if that makes sense.

The customers should be advised of this before they get the silkener if that's the case so they dont waste their money.
pix019.jpg

I think that's why it's important to remember that texturizing --- which is what a silkener is --- won't turn your hair into anything it wasn't before.

I must admit that I was disappointed when I heard about the breakup. They really had a good thing. I was even more disappointed when I saw these pics. But I am glad that I didn't waste my money & the trip to DC.

pix019.jpg

I don't know what kind of hairstylist would allow somebody to walk out of their establishment looking like this.
I would be crying.:nono::nono::nono:

To get your hair done by Miiko, it's going to cost at least "3 and a quarter" = $325 :nono:but she was not sure because she hadn't seen my hair yet. but at least "3 and a quarter"

I went when they were in NY and it wasn't that much, furthermore, the pics on her website is enough to convince me not to return - not to mention the jacked up price.

It was like $100 dollars less in NY. I went for the experience. My hair came out cute but her attitude was stank!!

When I went I was fully natural. Those who had gotten silkeners looked a hot mess!! :blush:and they payed upward from $425.:wallbash:

Back