Votes: 120 56.3%
  • No visible results, does not work

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Heck, it jacked up my hair

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Other- please elaborate

Votes: 49 23.0%

• Total voters
I have experienced some breakage which I believe came from protein overload. I applied directly to my scalp for three weeks. My hair was in two strand twists and I sprayed my hair with BRX braid spray daily. What I did not do is deep condition my hair, even though I washed/cowashed and conditioned.

I am now in braids. I did recieve growth also from using mt. I will resume using mt after the braids with weekly deep conditioning.

I don't use MT as a growth aide. I use it as a leave-in. It is the best by far. My hair isn't jacked up and it doesn't break off. I chose other. I like what it does for me.:yep:

I voted "other" it didn't grow like weeds-not more than i consider my normal rate, but did thicken up significantly I used it for about 8 months, i'm now using Ovation in hopes of getting the length finally.

Are you serious?

LOL I was being silly. I didn't think anybody would read/see it :grin:

Iris what are you doing on a MegaTek thread? Hmmm Are you considering joining us on the dark side?

I used MT for two months and got 2 inches of growth. I was too lazy to continue using it.

:lachen::lachen: NAHHHHH!

HEHE I dont know I just pop up in threads random like :spinning:

Iris what are you doing on a MegaTek thread? Hmmm Are you considering joining us on the dark side?

I used MT for two months and got 2 inches of growth. I was too lazy to continue using it.

I just apply MT to my scalp every day to every other day. I wash once per week. I DC with a moisturizing conditioner. And that's about it. :lol: When the new growth starts coming in, it's noticeably thicker than the rest of my hair. :yep:

Sorry:grin: i was so excited i hadnt gotten to the end of the thread to see that you had already answered the question. TIA!

It didn't jack up my hair at all, but it did jack up my scalp. I think I'm allergic to something in it, but I'm hardheaded and will finish up the bottle. I'm addicted to the growth that I just deal with the itches a little bit longer

My new growth since using MT grew in thicker and faster. The biggest growth spurt was the first 2 months of using it. I only used it on my scalp, never on the length. I didn't stop using protein products on my length to maintain the strength in my length and have had no issues. I take garlic supplement tablets every now and then. Results are in my siggy.

Last edited:
Well thanks guys, she is still using it. Will tell her to watch out for any scalp sensitivity, I am actually thinking of getting it for myself to regrow my edges, will be ordering today!

No way...it has helped my hair tremendously. The thickness that I achieved from using this product was mind boggling. :yep:

My new growth since using MT grew in thicker and faster. The biggest growth spurt was the first 2 months of using it. I only used it on my scalp, never on the length. I didn't stop using protein products on my length to maintain the strength in my length and have had no issues. I take garlic supplement tablets every now and then. Results are in my siggy.

:blush: AMAZING RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use MT full strength on my scalp and length of my hair and it has gotten me past shoulder length and APL in less than 5 months. If she is using it full strength, tell her to use it like a protein conditioner but just follow up with a deep moisture conditioner.

Last edited:
I use MT full strength on my scalp and length of my hair and it has gotten me past shoulder length and APL in less than 5 months. If she is using it full strength, tell her to use it like a protein conditioner but just follow up with a deep moisture conditioner.

That's how I am using it too. I am following the directions on the bottle and DC with a moisturizing conditioner after. I hope I get to APL in 5 months too!!! :grin:

I follow the directions when ever i use it, like once every two wks or so, and i have had no problems, i follow up w/ a moisturing conditioner, my hair feels stronger and my purpose in using it is to help me retain length, so i'd say its working.

I think this is going to be my problem; I am tired already of doing it daily and I have only been doing it for almost 2 weeks. LOL!

I will try to use it for 2-4 months atleast! I am trying to do it until my next relaxer. What I might do is do it 4 days a week until the end of 2 months and then reduce it to 2 times a week. Monday thru Thursday/Friday is a bit much for me! No growth at the moment! Not that I notice!:blush:

I used MT for about five minutes then put it down and never used it again - real real lazy.

I might just have to pick it up again, if only for my hairline.

I've been using for about two months now and I haven't had any shedding or other problems.

I wash with Jamaican Mango & Lime Tingle Shampoo great product.
deep condition w/ Mega Tek, Humectress conditioner(Nexus, Kera Care, or Biolage Ultra-Hydrating) and add heated Extra Virgin coco oil, red palm oil for a little color and evoo).
I use the gold foil cap and after an hour or sometimes a night I rinse with hot water then cool add some leave in (Cantu shea butter, or Motions Leave in and setting lotion) the Cantu makes my hair sticky sometimes. But the end result is FABULOUS. My hair has never been this healthy and shiny. It gets straighter now than it did when I was getting perms. The mega tek definitley works cause I have to cut my hair every week to maintain the style it's currently in.

Ive been using MT now for about four months. I was going to stop, but in January I took a wet-shot of my hair...I continued to use MT on my scalp at least four times a week. Sisters, when I took another wet-shot of my hair in April (2 mos later)...my jaw dropped! The growth stunned me! Trust me, I am very, very, very lazy. But the fastest road to BSL for me is to stick with my Megatek.

Back