DH Wants to Style My Hair......

MariposaSexyGirl

My husband wants to have a styling contest with me.:ohwell: He is serious yall. He running off at the mouth right now. He thinks he can style my hair without having any experience doing long hair. He has been sneaking on LHCF reading things. And he has also been researching on hair ever since he noticed my obsession. He also has witnessed my hair growing ever since I've been on this site and has feelings that he wants t be apart of the reason of my hairs growth:spinning:. Should I let him style my hair? He is really good with his hands and he is really smart and could do anything when put to the test. But this is my hair and yall know how we gets about the head since we have learn so much of what not to do on here. He says I don't style more hair enough:rolleyes:. What do you ladies think? Should I let him?

ETA: He says he is tired of seeing me walk around here with "protective styling".

Shoot girl, let him do it! You can both do it, post pictures and let us be the judges. Just don't let him try anything that could permanently damage your hair.

I think it's cute that he wants to help!:lachen:

I don't trust my dh to style but I do love it when he shampoos it or blow dries it for me...feels gooooooood!!!

Yes, DEFINITELY!

Years ago, before we were married, :rolleyes:, dh wet wet my hair. Now I wet set my hair all the time, more than I wear it straight, and do you know I got stopped by so many people asking me who did my hair, cause it looked great?! DH (or bf at the time) ate it up. Not enough to keep styling my hair for me, though! :lachen:

So yes, use his competitive side to your advantage. Give him a chance, and if he is good, use reverse psychology to get him to keep styling it, lol! :evillaugh:

:blush:Thats so sweet...My vote is let him do it. I wish my SO wanted to help me out, I asked him to oil my scalp and he been telling me okay for 4 months and still aint set down to do it.:nono:

That should be fun !!!! I say go for it....He just wants an excuse to play in your hair...I say let him......Plus I want to see Pics......

Hmmm, I'd say let him do it!!! Like the others said, we'd love to see some pics of what he does. And ummm, let this be a warning too....some men LOVE long hair(which you have), I'd hope he doesn't start to ummm, errrrrrrr, uhhhhhh........nevermind!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:LOL!!! Go for it!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Can't wait to see pics...better yet set up the video camera! Just don't hand him any scissors.... it will be fun for both of you. Let him do it! :grin:

Let him do it. It might be fly. Shoot, if he really gets into it he might support your hair obsession with products, tools and accessories.

Girl you better let that man do it! lol. It might turn out to be a really good thing for you if you see what I'm saying. :over18:

Awww you guys are sweet! You have convinced me to let him do it. So I will let him do it tomorrow. I will post pictures as soon as possible. Pray for me yall:pray:. You better believe I will tell him if he is doing something wrong.:orders:. I will keep you posted this should be interesting.

Awww you guys are sweet! You have convinced me to let him do it. So I will let him do it tomorrow. I will post pictures as soon as possible. Pray for me yall:pray:. You better believe I will tell him if he is doing something wrong.:orders:. I will keep you posted this should be interesting.

This is very sweet. I gave this as a homework assignment for some of the couples in my marriage classes, and one couple got pregnant....I'm still getting a kick out of that one....:lachen:

Enjoy your husband, girl! I can't wait to see the pics tommorrow!

This is very sweet. I gave this as a homework assignment for some of the couples in my marriage classes, and one couple got pregnant....I'm still getting a kick out of that one....:lachen:

Enjoy your husband, girl! I can't wait to see the pics tommorrow!

OMG!! :lachen: That's TOO funny!

Mariposa, I can't wait to hear about it tomorrow! This should be interesting :lol:

LOL Men! I would let him do it for fun. I would warn him though, that I might not go out with it styled "his way" if I didn't like it.

My SO wants to have a cook-off with me :perplexed although he knows he can't cook. He just thinks he can trump me in every area :grin:

First he trimmed the betty up, now he trying to do your hair :lachen::lachen:. I say go for it!

Just keep him away from the roundbrush, lawd knows if he roll that thing up in your hair :nono::nono:

My husband wants to have a styling contest with me.:ohwell: He is serious yall. He running off at the mouth right now. He thinks he can style my hair without having any experience doing long hair. He has been sneaking on LHCF reading things. And he has also been researching on hair ever since he noticed my obsession. He also has witnessed my hair growing ever since I've been on this site and has feelings that he wants t be apart of the reason of my hairs growth:spinning:. Should I let him style my hair? He is really good with his hands and he is really smart and could do anything when put to the test. But this is my hair and yall know how we gets about the head since we have learn so much of what not to do on here. He says I don't style more hair enough:rolleyes:. What do you ladies think? Should I let him?

ETA: He says he is tired of seeing me walk around here with "protective styling".

Awesome!!! That is so sweet. I vote give him a try. Also, I think it is so funny he's sneaking on to LHCF. :grin:

This is the 2nd thread I read about a DH wanting to help his wife do some hair. I wonder how I can get my DH to help me on Rhelaxer night? :scratchch :grin:

Hey girls! I let him do it.....sigh...It didn't come out bad at all. Although my new growth really isn't straight because I WOULD NOT let him near my head with that round brush. He didn't want to wrap it after he took the rollers down.He was like whats the point of putting all those rollers in if your going to make your hair straight. He combed it out with my paddle brush. He wanted it to have soft waves cuz he thinks waves are sexy. So this is his first rollerset and I'm proud of him. He says he wants to do flexi rods when I get a relaxer and he has to get him some hair supply(He so silly). He did not want to be in the pictures so it's only me taking after shots. And yes ladies it did get steamy in the shower:grin:. Please excuse my pants in one picture I edited the one that showed the full moon:lachen:. Those pants show where my waist stops but at the same time makes my butt look like its in a sack. Sorry.

Last edited:
Hey girls! I let him do it.....sigh...It didn't come out bad at all. Although my new growth really isn't straight because I WOULD NOT let him near my head with that round brush. He didn't want to wrap it after he took the rollers down.He was like whats the point of putting all those rollers in if your going to make your hair straight. He combed it out with my paddle brush. He wanted it to have soft waves cuz he thinks waves are sexy. So this is his first rollerset and I'm proud of him. He says he wants to do flexi rods when I get a relaxer and he has to get him some hair supply(He so silly). He did not want to be in the pictures so it's only me taking after shots. And yes ladies it did get steamy in the shower:grin:. Please excuse my pants in one picture I edited the one that showed the full moon:lachen:. Those pants show where my waist stops but at the same time makes my butt look like its in a sack. Sorry.

he did good...:grin:

Back