den1's gonna cut her hair? (vent)

Hey Den! I was in that same predicament 2 years ago. I am currently transitioning. I just cut off 2 inches the other day before I got my braids. What helped me was deep conditioning and being extra gentle when I detangled. I wore a lot of braid-outs and twist-outs. I would just gradually cut my hair until I reached an acceptable length. I may get bashed for this, but everyone does not look good with a TWA and I am one of them. I definitely need long hair. So, I truly feel your pain. Just be patient, and you'll have 12 inches before you know it! :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

How did I miss this one! I have nothing else to add except...I am here for you!! It is gonna get better. Yes it is!

tru_mind said:
Den, is it that bad that you’re actually thinking about a TWA? I didn't realize that it was that bad. I thought that you were debating on whether or not you should transition. That’s why I was said cut it...meaning trim off the ends until the damaged ends are gone, and keeping braiding you know that that will help a lot.

NO WAYS...its not that bad for me to even consider TWA. i was just saying that i would never need to go that far. my entire shaft isn't damaged so i wouldn't need to do something so drastic like that.

thickness said:
Hey Den! I was in that same predicament 2 years ago. I am currently transitioning. I just cut off 2 inches the other day before I got my braids. What helped me was deep conditioning and being extra gentle when I detangled. I wore a lot of braid-outs and twist-outs. I would just gradually cut my hair until I reached an acceptable length. I may get bashed for this, but everyone does not look good with a TWA and I am one of them. I definitely need long hair. So, I truly feel your pain. Just be patient, and you'll have 12 inches before you know it! :)

Thanks for your support!!! I'm going to transition until i gain enough length before i completely remove the chemicaly treated hair. I wouldn't wear a TWA, the only reason why i would consider it, is if the straightened areas were seriously breaking out, GOD FORBID!! that is not the case.

Back