Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Yesterday night, I used Nexxus Emergencee for 15 minutes without heat.
Then I did an overnight DC with Nexxus Humectress, Vatika Oil, and a bit of Aloe Vera Juice.
I'm happy with the results of my DC, but I think the Emergencee might have been a tad bit too strong. So next week, I'll be skipping protein and steaming in my DC.

I forgot to post this week:
Sunday, DC with CJ hibiscus/banana and Darcy's Pumpking
Wed, prepoo with Darcy's pumpkin, DC with 10n1

DC'd with One and Only Argan oil's mask and cap overnight (from Sally's). I love it! My hair is so moisturized right now. This is definitely a keeper.

Will DC Friday w/the Last bit of my SSI Fortifying Masque and put MHC Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste on top and Steam.:yep:

Decided to use MyHoneyChild Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste instead of the Honey Hair Masque.

I will put 2-3 MHC DC'ers in Rotation (Organic Shea Butter Paste, the Honey Hair Masque and prolly the So Deep).:grin:

I fell off the wagon for a good two weeks and ugh…my hair is a mess. SSKs all over the place! I'm so sorry hair, I'll never forgo washing/DCing like that again!

I didn't have anything intensive, but I used my old Vatika oil on dry hair with a heat cap for 2 hours on Saturday, then removed the cap and left the oil on my head for the rest of the day (it was a hot day anyway).

Apply hair mask inspired by Butters N Bars with microwave heat cap for 1hr
Hair felt AMAZING clean yet SOFT:)
Wait til hair dries mostly then
DC with steam for 1hr (AOWC, AOIN, WGO)

about to rinse off last night's dc, but will apply another one tonight because i feel a protein overload after my last perm. (overdid the mid step, i think....)
looks like i will have to moisturize dc for quite a while.
i should have known my protein sensitive hair would react badly. (felt like straw, but is getting better now.)

Doing a protein dc with Jasmine's Babassu Conditioner followed by moisture dc with Jessicurl WDT. Got some ayurveda stuff thrown up in there too.

DC'd Saturday night with a mix of stuff trying to use it up. I think it was GPB (used up), Jasmine's Nourishing, Too Shea! (1 use left), EVCO (used up), glycerin, oils. Dc'd on dry hair with heat for an hour. Turned out well. Will add the rest of the Too Shea! to the mix and DC on Wednesday.

today is yet another dc day until this protein overlaod is under control.

will use ao wc and oils.

DCed on Saturday w Silk Elements mega silk conditioning treatment overnight and air dried. First time I've used this conditioner and I liked it.

have any of you ladies ever tried adding vegetable glycerine to your dc's?

well, much like adding the oils, it packs a moisturizing punch!

i've been trying it most recently and LOVE LOVE LOVE it, so i thought i'd share this discovery.

i use alot of AO dc's and they're so thick, so it gives them easier spreadability.

it also gives alot of slip, which for a person who doesn't use cones like me, is fabulous to have.

it'll also stretch any dc quite well.

all that AND it smooths out hair and makes detangling easier, too!

it's win win!

have any of you ladies ever tried adding vegetable glycerine to your dc's?

well, much like adding the oils, it packs a moisturizing punch!

i've been trying it most recently and LOVE LOVE LOVE it, so i thought i'd share this discovery.

i use alot of AO dc's and they're so thick, so it gives them easier spreadability.

it also gives alot of slip, which for a person who doesn't use cones like me, is fabulous to have.

it'll also stretch any dc quite well.

all that AND it smooths out hair and makes detangling easier, too!

it's win win!

Thanks:) I will definitely try this when I get to DC again on Saturday

I haven't done anything to my hair in so long. It's bad. I finally DC'd with the Shea Moisture DC two nights ago, and last night after I worked out I water washed and coated my hair in coconut oil for the night.

DC'd overnight with Silk elements and washed it out this morning with Hair One. Hair is fully dry, didnt even moisturize yet and my hair feels nicee.

I really like hair one, cant wait to try it as a DC. I like the way it makes my scalp tingle

I will try to wash and DC my hair on Sunday. I was supposed to do it today but I had to go into work. My braids will not dry before bedtime if I do it now:nono:.

DCed with Silk Elements MegaSilk moisturizing treatment Wednesday. I sat under the dryer for 30 min and then left it on for another hour before I rinse w cold water applied my leave in and air dried.

I'm finally back on a semi-normal hair schedule. I'm doing a protein DC with Mane n Tail and coconut oil right now. When I rinse I'll apply some Knot Today and the Shea Moisture DC and bun. I'll rinse the DC out tomorrow.

Just DC'ed (waaay overdue!!!). I shampooed with a shampoo bar from WholeFoods (can't think of the name right now). Followed by DCing with sweet almond butter, rice bran oil, jojoba oil, honey, & herbal extract. My hair feels so good right now! :lick:

today is yet another dc day until this protein overlaod is under control.

will use ao wc and oils.
I've been experiencing the same thing. DCing twice a week now for a few weeks to try and reverse this mess. Making some progress but at a very slow rate. How long
have you been at this and have you noticed any significant change yet?

DCed last night for 30 under heat w a mix of Silk Elements, Nexxus hydrating treatment deep conditioner, and Joico kpak intense hydrator.

Back