Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I know this is early but its better than never....

I DC using CON-Purple yesterday for 10 mins.

My sister loves that stuff. I sometimes sneak and use it in the shower. It leaves my hair really soft and smooth. It's very hard to find around here now that CON has "herbalized" everything.

I'm in, too. I'll post my regimen later as well. I just got out of the shower from rinsing out tonight's DC.

I've been in a personal "DC every three days challenge", but have been slacking off the last month or so. I haven't gone more than a week, but I really got great results from washing every three days. I figure if I'm in a board challenge, it will make me accountable. :)

I want in!! My plan is to grow my hair with twistouts/braidouts and I wash/DC and re-twist every 3 days so that is DCing 2-3 times per week for the next 8 months (I had 2 inches of hair in August 2009and now I'm EL/NL and hoping for SL, possibly grazing APL in August 2010.

ETA: Almost forgot to list my DCs

Toque Magico Emergencia mixed with 11 en 1 rinse and EVCO
Queen Helene Cholesterol/EVCO
ORS Replenishing conditioner w/ EVCO
ORS Mayo mixed with EVCO and ORS Replenishing

And the first starting pic is my picked out fro, 2nd one is my twist out fro.
167.jpg

174.jpg

Last edited:
I went to Trade Secret today and purchased Joico's Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for $23. It came with a free Moisture Recovery Shampoo. It smells :lick:

My brother is purchasing me a electronic gift card from sleekhair.com for Christmas, so I will be purchasing more conditioner!

Last edited:
I dc'd in my small braids with some mizani thermasmooth and the renew gelee. I can still feel the shea butter I put on earlier but my curls are nicely popping on the ends and my hair feels softer especially the edges. I don't want to use up all my good mizani so I'm on the lookout for a cheaper hopefully cone free dc. Silk elements, relaxed and natural, and 3 minute undo have done nothing wow for my hair and I'm not in the market for a cholesterol...

I'm in, please!!! :grin:

This is definitely doable:

I'll be washing and DC'ing every 4-7 days.

Conditioners I'll be using:

Joico Kpak Intense Hydrator
ORS Replenishing
Traybell Nutritive Jojoba Mask
Alterna Hemp Hydrate
Alterna Hemp Repair
Organic Surge fresh grapefruit conditioner
SE Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
SE Megasilk Olive Treatment

I'm INNNNNNN ..

I DC 1-2xs per week as is... thinkin about upping it to 3xs a week...I DC using all the methods listed, just depends on how I feel. I mostly DC with heat for 15 - 1hr..and then maybe 45 mins to an hour or 2 after that depends on what i'm doing..

my condishs are these 3 as of right now...

Giovanni smooth as silk
Aussie 3 min deep condish
Shescentit Banana Brulee

I will be adding More then likely
AO HSR
Neutorgena TM recovery mask
Aphogee 2 min for a protein kick...
Leklair (maybe)

I just have to stop being lazy and go pick up more condish...jusssttt dont feel like :rolleyes:

Can I join please? I DC at least once weekly with steam anyway so not so much a challenge for me, just a continuation in consistency.

I prepoo with Burts Bees treatment then DC with Aveda DR and follow up with a rich moisture conditioner, usually one of these:-

AO White Camillia
Origins Rich Rewards
Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter
L'Occitane Shine Mask
Kerastase Masquintense

Will be giving the Aveda DR a break for a while though and switching to my Biolage Hydrotherapie Cera Repair vials for the next few weeks.

Starting pic is my siggy.

Just shampooed with ORS creamy aloe. Didn't do my usual pre-poo 'cause I was feeling lazy and my hair did not feel as smooth as it does after I shampoo. Definitely will not skip next time. I put motions moisture plus+EVOO on my NG and some Aphogee 2min on the ends. Doing a towel steam treatment under the dryer for about 30-45 min.

So I did an oil rinse last night followed by ORS Mayo DC and then HH Co-wash. Then I parially air-dryed before twisting using ORS twist and loc gel. I am hoping for soft supple hair.

So last night I did a dc with a mix of honey, evoo, and NTM mask left that in overnight and rinsed out this afternoon with HE HH. Followed up with NTM leavin and vaseline and coconut oil on my ends. My hair feels great and smells good too.:grin:

I want in. I will use aowc or aogpb once a week in winter and increase when it warms up. I am looking for new conditioners without cones so I may add some new ones later.

Last edited:
I am in.

My DC I will be using:
MJ Rapid Recovery
Nairobi Humecto Sil
ORS Hair Mayonaise and Replenshing pack
PhytoOrganics Humectin
Elasta QP DPR
Silicon Mix
10 en 1....
I have alot to use up but I'll stick with one until it is gone.

On Friday I DC w/ MJ Rapid Recovery foor 25 minutes under the dryer. Before my DC I used Roux Porosity Control. My hair was tangled, so I will not be using PC for a longtime. Now my hair is in a bun.

My sister loves that stuff. I sometimes sneak and use it in the shower. It leaves my hair really soft and smooth. It's very hard to find around here now that CON has "herbalized" everything.

Yea I havent seen it anywhere in about 1 1/2 years. I been trying to stretch this out for a while but IDK cause it too good LOL:lick: I only have like 1/2 a bottle left.

I know it's not 2010 yet lol but tonight I steamed with Lustrasilk Herbal Carrot Cholesterol mixed with my Mega Tek mix (I refuse to toss out that MT lol) for 30 minutes.

I just did a protein treatment w/ Fantasia IC Super Reconstructor and now I'm DCing with Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer. I forgot I had a couple of packs laying around. I decided to use one tonight. It's my first time using their DC so so I'm curious to see how this comes out.

ETA: Okay my hair feels nice and soft after my rollerset and dryer. I wrapped it up so I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Last edited:
i DCed tonight with Giovanni's Deeper Moisutre and coconut oil... and then rollerset and sat under the dryer for 90 minutes. my hair is feeling good! :)

i pre pood this weekend with lush retread and then deep conditioned with a mix of 3 different AO conditioner, evoo, jbco, jojoba oil and honey. i think i added wheat germ oil too.

I'm in. I already try to DC at least once a week and i have been slacking for a while now. What a perfect challenge to get me back on my toes again!!!

I would like to join! Ready to do this!!!

Deep Conditioners:
Joico Moisture Treatment Balm
Brocato Saturate Treatment
Aussie 3 min Miracle
Matrix Hydrating Balm
Aubrey HSR Con
Kenra Mositurizing Con
DevaCurl Heaven in Hair
Phyto (cant remember the name)

Leave Ins:

KK Knot Today
MOP Leave In