Dating someone younger than you

Bublin

I have just met this guy. He is 26 and i'm 31.

We look the same age.

Do you think this is a big age gap?

He's mature but can sometimes talk a little silly. But he's certainly not stupid. He has ambition and a good education (degree) and knows what he wans in a relationship - basically how older guys should be talking!

Of course he doesn't have a problem but i can't help thinking he might be too young for me.

He's says i need to get over it.

What's been the biggest age gap for you?

My husband is 1.5 older than me and he talks a little silly at times to.

I dated a guy 2 years younger than me. Worked ok.

I agree with him, you should get over the age diff.:yep:

We look the same age.

He's mature but can sometimes talk a little silly. But he's certainly not stupid. He has ambition and a good education (degree) and knows what he wans in a relationship - basically how older guys should be talking!

Of course he doesn't have a problem but i can't help thinking he might be too young for me.

I am currently engaged to a 23 year old and I am 32. It is working out great for me...so far.

:yep: I think it's perfect... It's not about age. You're both adults. If you are feeling eachother, then go for it! BTW, my husband is 5 years my junior and he's the more mature one in the relationship at times... Don't get caught up on the age thing.

We look the same age.

Ok. First of all at 26 and 31, a 5 year age gap isn't that big of deal.
21 and 26 could be a problem.
19 and 24 could be a problem.
26 and 31? That's doable.

Second: GO for it. I started a post on this a while back on how I attract younger men.

What's the worst thing that can happen? You get over it. You have some fun. In the end, the relationship doesn't work out but at least you had a good time.

...you've got nothing to lose.

...and who knows, you might learn a thing or two. :)

Aaah - thanks for the advice ladies. I'm being silly aren't I.

I'm gonna go on a date with him on Sunday. I have to say, he's mighty keen!!!

Aaah - thanks for the advice ladies. I'm being silly aren't I.

I'm gonna go on a date with him on Sunday. I have to say, he's mighty keen!!!

Oh lucky you - relax and enjoy
icon7.gif

ps - its not much of an age gap at all

Ok. First of all at 26 and 31, a 5 year age gap isn't that big of deal.
21 and 26 could be a problem.
19 and 24 could be a problem.
26 and 31? That's doable.

Second: GO for it. I started a post on this a while back on how I attract younger men.

What's the worst thing that can happen? You get over it. You have some fun. In the end, the relationship doesn't work out but at least you had a good time.

...you've got nothing to lose.

...and who knows, you might learn a thing or two. :)

Darn I was coming in here to ask some similar questions and that's our ages right there, well he'll be 20 in a couple of weeks. The age thing is really bothering me no matter how nice and mature he seems right now.

I met a lil cutie, he's only 22 and I'm 27. This will NEVER work.
The last guy I talked to, he's now 25 and I'm 27 and there's like a huge gap in maturity between us.

Darn I was coming in here to ask some similar questions and that's our ages right there, well he'll be 20 in a couple of weeks. The age thing is really bothering me no matter how nice and mature he seems right now.

UmBlessed...I'm not expert in the relationship dpt. So take it with a grain salt. If he is on your level maturity wise, I say wait and see. See how it plays out. You're not committing to anything, hence dating.

I understand the age thing too because I am in my mid-20s but go for it. Getting to know him, maybe the age thing won't bother you as much as but the person and maturity level.

My SO is 10 years younger than me. I say go for it! :spinning: :grin: I treat him as I would any man of any age. He can hang...he has an even number of older and same age friends as well which helps socially.

I am 7 years older than my husband and we've been together for 11 years and married for 8 of those. I've never had a problem with the age difference. Go for it girl!!

My grandparents (RIP) were like 12 years apart so MomMom was the original Stella and were together until she passed. Go for it! Gotta follow your heart.

UmBlessed...I'm not expert in the relationship dpt. So take it with a grain salt. If he is on your level maturity wise, I say wait and see. See how it plays out. You're not committing to anything, hence dating.

I understand the age thing too because I am in my mid-20s but go for it. Getting to know him, maybe the age thing won't bother you as much as but the person and maturity level.

Thanks for the advice. He's a really sweet guy but they all are at first lol.

We look the same age.

Not at all. He's only 5 years younger and sounds like a decent man. Its much better than having him 5 years older, immature and irresponsible.

True dat. In that respect, age aint a number. All of them act the same.

How does he feel about the age difference?

He doesn't really mention it, aside from saying that he was impressed with my age and that I'm a graduate student. Oh and that he doesn't think I should discount him because he's younger than me.

He doesn't really mention it, aside from saying that he was impressed with my age and that I'm a graduate student. Oh and that he doesn't think I should discount him because he's younger than me.

Yeah i kind guess this. Let his actions prove his maturity. So give it a try. it's only dating. take is slow as you feel comfortable. If you feel that it really bothers and preventing you from getting to know each other, that's cool. It's your comfort level. You shouldn't have to force anything

Jjust don't remember clubs or lounges may be out of limits until at least a 1 yr. :lachen:

Yeah i kind guess this. Let his actions prove his maturity. So give it a try. it's only dating. take is slow as you feel comfortable. If you feel that it really bothers and preventing you from getting to know each other, that's cool. It's your comfort level. You shouldn't have to force anything

Jjust don't remember clubs or lounges may be out of limits until at least a 1 yr. :lachen:

Girl I was like ummm you can't even buy me a drink:lachen: It's so weird because the other guy that I've been seeing for a while now is 4 years older than me; and the first guy I've met who even catches my attention besides him is 4 years younger than me. Can I find a happy medium?:wallbash:

I met a lil cutie, he's only 22 and I'm 27. This will NEVER work.
The last guy I talked to, he's now 25 and I'm 27 and there's like a huge gap in maturity between us.

It depends on the individuality. Try it. If it works, then work it. If it doesn't, roll with it.

Bublin,

How are things going with the younger guy?

I didn't go out on a date with him.

We talked and email lots more since i started this thread and a first proper date wasn't even on the cards for me.

He's extremely immature and kept calling me Bredwino and using other (british) street slang. I was like, 'what does that mean?'. Apparently its the female version of Bredrin (brother).

He irrritated the hell out of me to the point i just told him i was too busy to go out on a date with him. He was OK about it.

I'm not blaming his age per se. He was just a silly boy that initially seemed mature.

We look the same age.

Judging by most men, yes. I think that men are pretty immature in their 20s, but you have to look at your individual man to decide.

I'm 22, so if I date men younger than me, I'll be basically raping babies. But I've dated older and the largest gap was 22 years.

Back