Dating someone with BO...?

adi687

So I've met this nice guy that I kinda like but the problem is he seems to have a BO problem. Well I assume that because every time I see him (which is on campus at the end of the day) there is that sweaty smell and it's really a big no-no for me.

Have any of you ladies been in this situation? Is it acceptable considering that he spent a long time working all day long?

If he's coming from work or working out that's not a problem to me. All he needs is to go home and shower.

Am I missing something?

I dated someone who had this problem. I stayed with him and didn't say anything about the BO. He had BO off and on for the first year we were dating, but the smell went away after that. I would have probably said something if he smelled every day. . .

See how he smells when he is meeting you for a date or going to a social event.

Walking around campus can make you work up a sweat.

If he is just funky all the time, ummm you could maybe tell him depending on how much you like (see potential) him. But, that would be a turn off for me personally.

This dude showed up for a date with stinky dreads :nono:....I think that counts as BO...I tried to ignore it, but when he started acting a fool, twas the end for him! :ohwell:

DH knows he can't come around me unless he's showered after work, and his breath has to be right. I don't hold my tongue about that kind of stuff because if I do, then i won't be able to breathe.

See how he smells when he is meeting you for a date or going to a social event.

Walking around campus can make you work up a sweat.

If he is just funky all the time, ummm you could maybe tell him depending on how much you like (see potential) him. But, that would be a turn off for me personally.

Thanks you ladies.

That's what I'm assuming since the only times I've seen him were on the campus. I guess I'll have to wait for a real date somewhere to evaluate the situation... and really if it's all the time, it's something that is not gonna happen

walking around campus causes sweat? ain't it cold outside? maybe he didn't his care package (soap, deodorant, etc), or maybe he's low on funds to get such things being in school. i dunno...but having a body odor is a no no:nono:

there was this one guy....we went on a date. in the car, i kept saying.."what is that smell" and the heat was on so that just intensified it. of course, he was like "what smell" so i didn't say anything. later that evening, we hugged, and i smelled it again. smelt like shyt. so i asked him did he step in sumfin, so dummy checks the bottom of his shoes, etc. nothing there. so fast forward, we met up at a starbucks, and hugged. i smelled it again...i was like.."ummmm....u stink" straight up. he was like "huh" i was like dat smell....u need to use soap instead of bathin in garbage cuz u stink....ewwww.... he was like "i don't know what ur talkin about (he's prolly immune to the odor by now) ... and i told him.."it smells like u fell in a pile of shyt straight up"..... i have no problem tellin a person they stink cuz u smell urself before someone else does....

that was it for me...OMG..i can smell it now:ohwell:

walking around campus causes sweat? ain't it cold outside? maybe he didn't his care package (soap, deodorant, etc), or maybe he's low on funds to get such things being in school. i dunno...but having a body odor is a no no:nono:

there was this one guy....we went on a date. in the car, i kept saying.."what is that smell" and the heat was on so that just intensified it. of course, he was like "what smell" so i didn't say anything. later that evening, we hugged, and i smelled it again. smelt like shyt. so i asked him did he step in sumfin, so dummy checks the bottom of his shoes, etc. nothing there. so fast forward, we met up at a starbucks, and hugged. i smelled it again...i was like.."ummmm....u stink" straight up. he was like "huh" i was like dat smell....u need to use soap instead of bathin in garbage cuz u stink....ewwww.... he was like "i don't know what ur talkin about (he's prolly immune to the odor by now) ... and i told him.."it smells like u fell in a pile of shyt straight up"..... i have no problem tellin a person they stink cuz u smell urself before someone else does....

LOL @ this story! :lachen:

Seriously, if you're in your twenties and haven't gotten hygeine down, it probably won't happen. :nono: Especially with a lot of men who aren't as keen as women are. I'd run. Never had to deal with it though, luckily.

Hey Op. There's two types of sweat glands: Apocrine and eccrine. Apocrine glands secrete perspiration when a person gets too hot. Doesn't really smell too too bad. Eccrine glands secrete an oily substance that smells FUNKY and supports bacterial growth. This funkier type of sweat is secreted when some is emotionally upset/excited, frightened, sexually aroused, or in pain.

Which is it do you think?

Create a fake e-mail account, and send him a message that he is smelling a little zesty. I know that different people have different body chemistry, but I went to an EXTREMLY large college with a gigantic campus, and I never met anyone that got funky from walking across it....Even when it was 100 degrees outside. A man that is not doing heavy physical labor with a BO is a big No-No! Period.

LMAO!!! You are brutally honest! I ain't mad at you though...A man with BO gets none of my time.

LOL @ this story! :lachen:

Seriously, if you're in your twenties and haven't gotten hygeine down, it probably won't happen. :nono: Especially with a lot of men who aren't as keen as women are. I'd run. Never had to deal with it though, luckily.

ITA, I don't think you or anyone else telling him is going to make much of a difference...he is grown. It's not your duty to tell him to bathe or freshen up, he's not your child.

Lol, I had a good laugh reading some of your posts.

I've decided to run and fast
I don't think I should lower my standards.
He works on a project in an office and the bus drops him right in front of his building.
Today I met his partner - on the project - who was fresh and breezy and I was like :nono::nono: when I saw him with the same BO.

I guess there are gonna be others on the way...:rolleyes:

Hey Op. There's two types of sweat glands: Apocrine and eccrine. Apocrine glands secrete perspiration when a person gets too hot. Doesn't really smell too too bad. Eccrine glands secrete an oily substance that smells FUNKY and supports bacterial growth. This funkier type of sweat is secreted when some is emotionally upset/excited, frightened, sexually aroused, or in pain.

Which is it do you think?

Well he does smell funky but I'm pretty sure it's the bolded.

ThatJerseyGirl said:

LMAO @ your story!
You're so right!! It's cold and I don't think he is low on fund. He looks more like he doesn't care.

Back