Dating a younger man

I dated a man 1 year younger and I wanted to ring his neck consistently :nono: He was still "finding himself" and I dont have time for that. I need a man who has everything in place to compliment where I am in life.

I currently prefer older men :lick: but as I age I could easily see myself dating younger men.

i'll screw da hell outta one (which I have done - 27yrs old and it was LIKE DAT) and will date one too -- i like moldin and teachin dem a few thangs. they are so eager to learn from an olda woman -- they be wiiiide open:spinning:

I'm going on a first date soon with a guy 7 years younger. I've always dated men much older than me and they have caused me stress and heartache!
He seems to have an old head on young shoulders. He has everything together except for owning a property, he rents, but this is not a problem. It's quite strange hearing a 27year old man say he is tired of the games women play.
There is one thing i am concerned about - earnings - but that will have to wait.
We shall see how this one plays out.

Still seeing the young boy. Still fun even though we had a rocky start. He's like the male version of me, but definitely more outgoing. We shall see what happens.

Im doing it now, too many men in my age group look old and ugly.

haha,,sooo true. i look young and i noticed a lot of men my age and up look oooold. almost like my uncle lmao.
im dating a younger man now. i'm 38 he just turned 32. I'm loving his mental..and it helps that he is fine as hell.

I'm 36 and sort of old fashioned, so if I were dating, I doubt i could ever date anyone my age or younger. Maybe the oldest I'd date is 50? But he'd have to be a Hollywood looking 50, lol.

Im doing it now, too many men in my age group look old and ugly.

LOL oddly enough I always side eye men who say things like this about women in their age group "sullied/beaten by life/emotionally draining" ada yada so hearing women say kind of the same about them amuses me.

I have been in a relationship with a younger man for 5 years. I am 27 and he is 24 and the past two years have been really challenging. I have been thinking more and more about wanting to settled down and start a life together and he is not ready. It is frustrating. I cant fault him though, I understand that he is too young for that level of. So I have one of two options....move on or wait...

Yes. I'm 41 and will date as low as 37 years old. I haven't been willing to go any younger than that. My cousin on the other hand is the same age as me and she will dip into 20 something pool. Not me...I don't want to be out with my boo and someone ask "is that your aunt". Mind you I've been told I look to be in my mid 30's, but still.

I've dated younger men and they are fun. Some are very mature. Guess it depends on what you're looking for in a man. I'm going on 46.

mzcris So..you would only date him for fun? What if he started to develop feelings and such? Would you consider a serious and long term relationship?

I've dated younger men and they are fun. Some are very mature. Guess it depends on what you're looking for in a man. I'm going on 46.

My husband is 3 years younger than me. I met him when I was 24 and he was 21. Some of my friends thought it was lame that he was so young, but I liked him too much. In the past, I mostly dated guys older than me. In some cases, as much as 9 years older. But, they didn't work out.

Well fast-forward, we have been married 5 years this past Saturday and I couldn't be happier. I am really glad I didn't listen to nay-sayers and people obsessed with age. Although he is younger, he had and still has it more together than the much older guys I dated in my past.

In summary, do what is best for you and bump other people's opinions.

DISCLAIMER: I only endorse relationships with people of age (adults).

No I wouldnt if I were single. I'm 43 and I still want my guy to be 1 to 3 years older than me...not much more, and definitely not younger. I like being the younger one in my relationship.

My guy is 4 years younger than me. It was challenging in the beginning because I would reference pop culture, and he would jokingly say he wasn't alive then :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that when we go out to places with alcohol I constantly get stopped and asked for ID to enter(I am 30), and they just let him walk on through. Hilarious!

I don't plan to. Everyone I have ever dated has been 1-2 years younger than me..my exhusband was as well. I am currently dating someone 4 years older and there is a difference. I am 40.

Three years is the youngest I have gone (but sometimes men younger approach because it may be difficult to guess my age at times) but I have dated men much older. My range is about (-) 3 and (+) 12 of my age. :ohwell: I just smile at 19-25 year old. I'm no where near that age. :lol:

ElegantPearl17 said:
Bumping for more success stories :grin:

Well if you're looking for encouragement with dating a man who's more than 5 yrs younger, Good Luck on that! I personally don't recommend it.

my dh is 6 yrs younger than me :look: ... we've been together going on 9 yrs.. married for 4. I too get carded when we go out, meanwhile he can just order drinks like whatever LOL no i.d. needed :lachen: BUT what can I say... I lubbbbbb this man (and hes legal) so I dont care about the age difference.

BTW: I'll be 40 next month.. he just turned 34 earlier this month :D

Do you have a horror story to tell??? PM me if you do..lol

The guy that has been pursuing me for months in 10 years my junior :look:

Well if you're looking for encouragement with dating a man who's more than 5 yrs younger, Good Luck on that! I personally don't recommend it.

Well me any my SO split...He turned 25 ( I am 28) and finally was forced to leave his mothers house this past year because they moved out of state. This is his first time on his own and being away from his family. He has a lot of growing and maturing to do and he needs to do it by himself. I really think we were too attached to each other, meaning we pretty much didn't leave each others side the first 3 years of our relationship. Then he graduated college, started to work, make new friends and things changed. He cheated and said it was a big mistake, but he said he needed to figure out whom he was before he commit to me the way I wanted and deserved.

So we parted ways, I still miss him and want to be with him, however, right now if we decided to be in a relationship I know it would fail due to the trust issues. Right now I am working on focusing on myself without him in my life for the moment. Maybe in a couple months we can work on a friendship, but right now...I just can't..

I don't think I could do it. Funny enough, I've been travelling for the past few weeks and ALL I meet are young guys lol. All incredibly good looking, smart, educated, but I still could never see myself dating any of them.

I don't think I could do it. Funny enough, I've been travelling for the past few weeks and ALL I meet are young guys lol. All incredibly good looking, smart, educated, but I still could never see myself dating any of them.

I lied! I'd forgotten about the creepy old Turkish-Jewish guy who followed me to sit next to me on my flight from Cairo. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Back