Dating A Younger Man (boy)?

sdenisew

I've just divorced my husband of 7 years, am in the process of packing up and relocating to Chicago for a fresh start. Dating hasn't crossed my mind in some time so when this "incident" happen I was completely caught off guard.

I was out with a girlfriend of mine when she told me that there was a guy looking over at us. Mind you I've been married for what seems like an eternity given the situation I was in at time so I wasn't convinced that he was even looking in my direction. He came over to our table and started talking to the both of us. He is gorgeous and has an a slight accent that I still can't pinpoint. Upon leaving the restaurant he asks if he can have my number. I damn near crapped a pink twinkie because really who asks me out? Anyway I gave him the number and he called the following weekend. I'm a wannabe photographer so I suggested that we meet at a local park. He was my muse that day and allowed me to snap some really amazing pictures. I had a blast and I didn't want the day to end.

Long story short he told him that he was a college student visiting home for the summer (blank stare) when I asked how old he was he said 21. Whaaa? I'm 27 so there's not much of an age difference but still...he's 21. Just able to experience the excitement of purchasing alcohol legally. Heck my baby brother is older than he is!

When I'm with him I'm over the moon, he's sweet, patient funny, seemingly mature for his age, but I know that whatever it is that we're experiencing isn't going to last past his attention span, but he does wonders for my ego. He tells me all the time that he loves chocolate girls (he's black) and is always calling me his chocolate girl or other sentiments along that line. Today was a horrible day and he spent the entire time cuddling with me. My name is Sandra but he calls me Saundra and I'm so okay with that. This is all so new and fascinating and fun and I don't want it to end but I'm fairly certain that it will. For now I just want to go with the flow, but have any of you ladies every dating a younger guy? How did it go?

You are just getting back into the dating game, so I am sure you aren't looking for anything serious. Just have fun and enjoy your little tenderoni.

Just have fun! He is a good transition back into dating.
When I got divorced I did the same thing, except I was 30 and he was 20!! I look fairly young for my age, so no one could tell that he was that much younger. I had a great time with him, and he was exactly what I needed at the time. Definitely dont regret it, and it changed my mind about younger men. Now I wont hesitate to date one if we are vibing..

My boyfriend is 11 years younger than I am, though my SO is four years older than me. Interesting situation all the way around. Regarding dating the younger guy, there's never been any glaring issues other than he likes to watch B.E.T. and I don't.

My boyfriend is 11 years younger than I am, though my SO is four years older than me. Interesting situation all the way around. Regarding dating the younger guy, there's never been any glaring issues other than he likes to watch B.E.T. and I don't.

:blush: boyfriend and SO?? At the same time?

:blush: boyfriend and SO?? At the same time?

lol that's what I was about to say!

I'm going to just have fun and let things play out. I don't want a serious relationship just some fun that isn't followed by regret. I have to admit though that he's having a hard time keeping up with me! Just call me Stella 2.0v!!!

5UrwzgdtHioxfo0voMzOgXjEo1_500.jpg
:lol:

I'm intrigued...but I won't hijack OP's thread

I can relate as our stories are somewhat similar even though I'm older than you. The man that I'm dating is 32 and I'm 39. He's very accomplished, employed, SMART, educated, owns his own home,etc. When we're together he treats me like no other man, much better than any man my age or older has ever treated me. He puts me on his pedestal and I'm the priority when I'm with him. I'm dark skinned and he calls me Brown Skin...so every time he calls me he's serenading India Arie's Brown Skin...that's my ring tone.

Anywho, I said this in another post. I prefer older men, but older men don't prefer me. However, the younger guys love me. For some reason, younger men are much bolder and don't hesitate to approach me whenever I'm out. Granted I think age 30 is my limit, but I know that most of the guys that approach me are early to mid 20's. So what's a girl to do?

Just enjoy yourself. After going through a divorce as you have, you deserve the confidence and self esteem boost that this young man can offer you.

Hijack hijack curious minds wanna know!!!!!

:lol: well seeing as OP gave her permission...

my first question was going to be to ask if they knew about each other but you already answered that.

How long have you been with each one? Why is one your 'significant other' but you call one your boyfriend? And how do they feel about each other? I'm assuming you met one after you'd been with the first for some time, so hope did you tell the first person and what did he say? Are they both men? :look:

I hope I haven't offended you with all the questions! You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Yes they are both men!

I met SO first and BF about three months later. Around that time, it was a bit iffy between SO and me. SO tolerates the friendship/dating but would prefer that I did not maintain the relationship. BF is/was ok with my situation but his feelings are changing now. I care for them both, not equally but care none the less.

I can relate as our stories are somewhat similar even though I'm older than you. The man that I'm dating is 32 and I'm 39. He's very accomplished, employed, SMART, educated, owns his own home,etc. When we're together he treats me like no other man, much better than any man my age or older has ever treated me. He puts me on his pedestal and I'm the priority when I'm with him. I'm dark skinned and he calls me Brown Skin...so every time he calls me he's serenading India Arie's Brown Skin...that's my ring tone.

Anywho, I said this in another post. I prefer older men, but older men don't prefer me. However, the younger guys love me. For some reason, younger men are much bolder and don't hesitate to approach me whenever I'm out. Granted I think age 30 is my limit, but I know that most of the guys that approach me are early to mid 20's. So what's a girl to do?

Just enjoy yourself. After going through a divorce as you have, you deserve the confidence and self esteem boost that this young man can offer you.

OMG! That's the same ringtone I have for Cal. I'm very smitten with him. He is an all around great guy and when I'm with him my faith in good men is restored. I try not to bring up the age difference that much but when I do he just tells me not to think about it. Easier said that done, but I'm loving this high that I'm on. What makes me even happier is that he's not all ways in my face. When he senses that I need alone time I get a kiss and he tells me to call him whenever I need him. *sigh* I love my privacy and alone time and the fact that he respects that is amazing. I'm having a blast. He's my breath of fresh air.

I've just divorced my husband of 7 years, am in the process of packing up and relocating to Chicago for a fresh start. Dating hasn't crossed my mind in some time so when this "incident" happen I was completely caught off guard.

I was out with a girlfriend of mine when she told me that there was a guy looking over at us. Mind you I've been married for what seems like an eternity given the situation I was in at time so I wasn't convinced that he was even looking in my direction. He came over to our table and started talking to the both of us. He is gorgeous and has an a slight accent that I still can't pinpoint. Upon leaving the restaurant he asks if he can have my number. I damn near crapped a pink twinkie because really who asks me out? Anyway I gave him the number and he called the following weekend. I'm a wannabe photographer so I suggested that we meet at a local park. He was my muse that day and allowed me to snap some really amazing pictures. I had a blast and I didn't want the day to end.

Long story short he told him that he was a college student visiting home for the summer (blank stare) when I asked how old he was he said 21. Whaaa? I'm 27 so there's not much of an age difference but still...he's 21. Just able to experience the excitement of purchasing alcohol legally. Heck my baby brother is older than he is!

When I'm with him I'm over the moon, he's sweet, patient funny, seemingly mature for his age, but I know that whatever it is that we're experiencing isn't going to last past his attention span, but he does wonders for my ego. He tells me all the time that he loves chocolate girls (he's black) and is always calling me his chocolate girl or other sentiments along that line. Today was a horrible day and he spent the entire time cuddling with me. My name is Sandra but he calls me Saundra and I'm so okay with that. This is all so new and fascinating and fun and I don't want it to end but I'm fairly certain that it will. For now I just want to go with the flow, but have any of you ladies every dating a younger guy? How did it go?

My husband is younger than I (let's just say he is in his 20's and I am in my 30's). I swore I would never do it but to my amazement he was and is better to me than men my own age as well as the older ones.

He is kind, sweet, considerate, respectful, very attentive and the list goes on. We have great conversations and relate well.

I say if he can hang let em. It's not the number it's the maturity and his willingness to love, cherish, and honor you like you deserve to be. I am a very happy woman.

Last edited:
Yes they are both men!

I met SO first and BF about three months later. Around that time, it was a bit iffy between SO and me. SO tolerates the friendship/dating but would prefer that I did not maintain the relationship. BF is/was ok with my situation but his feelings are changing now. I care for them both, not equally but care none the less.

Do you think you're the only one that each of them is seeing as well? Or do they have another girlfriend/so too?

20Pearls_girl you sound like me..When I was dating the 20 yo, I was also dating a 39 yo...It was like the best of both worlds! But I did find myself spending more time with the 20 yo though..I think it was because there was no pressure and we were just having a good time.

I don't know if this counts, but my current SO is about a year younger than me. It's a little weird. :lol: But for the most part there are no issues. Most of the time I forget that I'm the "older" one.

Back