Dating A Man With Massive Amounts Of Student Loan Debt? (over 100,000k)

Doubt it will go anywhere. Most men in med school are playing the field because girls are throwing themselves at them everyday. Even ugly dudes suddenly have options with that white coat. Tell her use a condom and have fun.

This is more what I'd be concerned with. It's not like he will come out making 30k/year with 300k in debt

Last edited:
This is more what I'd be concerned with. It's not like he will come out making 30k/year with 300k in debt

^^First year of med school, the upper class women warned us to stay away from the upper class males since they were players and only looking for sex. We ignored the advice since it couldn't possibly apply to us.

Second year of med school, we upper class women tried to warn the younger class to stay away from the bum ass male classmates because they were only looking for sex. They ignored our advice since it couldn't possibly apply to them.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

^^First year of med school, the upper class women warned us to stay away from the upper class males since they were players and only looking for sex. We ignored the advice since it couldn't possibly apply to us.

Second year of med school, we upper class women tried to warn the younger class to stay away from the bum ass male classmates because they were only looking for sex. They ignored our advice since it couldn't possibly apply to them.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Not to mention the nurses once they get to residency

Haha don't forget the physical therapists, dieticians, nutritionists, lunch line ladies etc....

Add social workers, nurse managers, security guards, secretaries, techs, female attendings and residents ...just about anyone with a vagina out there trying to land that Dr. and Mrs. title. Ain't nam one thinking about his debt load. Annoys the crap out of me.

She's putting the cart before the horse. A date isn't a big deal and the relationship might not even go anywhere. She can consider the debt situation when an actual commitment is on the table. :yep: No need to stress out about it now--stay in the moment!

I think it's the Aunt (the OP) putting the cart before the horse. I wonder if his is the same "niece" who just a few months ago didn't like men.

Haha don't forget the physical therapists, dieticians, nutritionists, lunch line ladies etc....
All men for that matter are looking for sex in Grad School...none are looking for a real commitment since they will have much more choices available after graduation. I was hoping to find my future husband in Grad School, but it never happen, cause they were all hoes.

All men for that matter are looking for sex in Grad School...none are looking for a real commitment since they will have much more choices available after graduation. I was hoping to find my future husband in Grad School, but it never happen, cause they were all hoes.
I can see that

At this stage does it even matter? If she just met him she doesn't even know if she'd enjoy dating him or even want to be his girlfriend. I honestly think it's premature to even worry about a MD students' debt load. JMHO.
I disagree on the just met thing. This is how women fall in love and get stuck in situations. They continue with a guy and then fall in love and feel the whole "oh no!" thing because they are not compatible.

She needs to automatically filter out guys from the beginning. You don't wait and see on guys who don't meet your criteria (whatever that is). But in the case, I don't see it as a problem because he's a medical student and I don't see that falling into the no no debt compartment because there are exceptions to the rule. He will, if he is not a crazy spender, become a millionaire easily in his lifetime as a doctor (and not in fifty years either depending on his specialty. I do think that it is important to know his specialty and his % of the class, etc because things can still happen like getting kicked out of medical school, or being a primary (which is $100,000 a year) care doctor versus an anesthesiologist (250 K)/ Derm ($300 K average yearly U.S)/ Gastro (350k yr average), etc. Then of course even as a primary, there are loan forgiveness programs. But either way being a medical student, one could assume a lot of debt but will be able to pay it off eventually and still live comfortably.

Last edited:
I can't speak for every grad school but I can speak for Medical and even law. I was proposed to by my ex fiancé (I broke it off) when he was in medical school. His friends all proposed at the end of medical school and are all married with children. We would be married by now if I did not call it off (just saw him when I went to NY and he wanted to revisit the idea and is waiting on me). Medical school men don't play. They usually follow suit with their friends (and most of them will propose by the end of their medical years (the last year, or right after they graduate)...this of course depends on where you live. This rule may not apply in say NYC or Los Angeles (or Washington or even Atlanta) but definitely applies to surrounding places like Ct (this is where my ex went to school), NJ, Ma, and of course the south definitely, and in other cities in California besides Los Angeles and San Francisco where the docs will probably play around a lot longer. etc. If you're in any of the other cities I think you should position yourself to find the love of your life if you find someone of interest (marriage minded) :giggle: This is coming from someone who worked formerly for a huge match maker. Again playing around will get you just that, playing around. You need to be girlfriend/wife material of course for the guys to propose (and this is a mindset not a way of dressing, etc).

And in any case, you can find marriage minded men anywhere if you know where to look. You just have to know who is full of ish and who isn't and proceed (and filter) accordingly.

Last edited:
Back