Curly Girl (CG) Challenge

I officially went full Curly Girl yesterday. Prior to that I did the 7 day detox with the Terressentials Mud Wash. I am very happy so far. I also need to get the conditioner to gel ratio correct. I like a soft hold with touchable hair.

I am so sad right now I can not do my wash n go right now because the nerve pain is now in my left hand and wrist and I am wearing a sling. I had to have my daughter put my hair in twist until I can do my hair again and hoping that they stay but I twist the twist together and put a ponytail holder on and sleep cap.

Last edited:
I am on the Curly Girl bandwagon and I am going to love it...this is the first week but my hair looks and feels great and is so curly hahaha....I also ditched the Eco Styler for Xtreme Gel which is the bomb. The protein in the Eco Styler was drying my hair out.

I officially went full Curly Girl yesterday. Prior to that I did the 7 day detox with the Terressentials Mud Wash. I am very happy so far. I also need to get the conditioner to gel ratio correct. I like a soft hold with touchable hair.

Shay72 Is there a link for more information on this? I want to detox my hair in prep for this method.

I been on this for a while but recently with the moving and crap I been going through I been in twist. I hate the CG conditioner its horrible and every time I look at it I get upset, I spent a lot for a bottle that my hair and scalp hates. So I just stick with tresseme naturals. and my mud shampoo which I love but oh gosh is it expensive. So effective today I am completely back on the CG method. I got my sister on it and her hair has grown so much in such a short period of time. but she struggles with not using shampoo. I don't at all. I hated how my scalp reacted after a shampoo. but I need to find a good deep conditioner with protein and can't so I will just have to egg an egg to honey. because i really do not know what to do about that.

Aubrey organics gpb is a good conditioner with protein

I been on this for a while but recently with the moving and crap I been going through I been in twist. I hate the CG conditioner its horrible and every time I look at it I get upset, I spent a lot for a bottle that my hair and scalp hates. So I just stick with tresseme naturals. and my mud shampoo which I love but oh gosh is it expensive. So effective today I am completely back on the CG method. I got my sister on it and her hair has grown so much in such a short period of time. but she struggles with not using shampoo. I don't at all. I hated how my scalp reacted after a shampoo. but I need to find a good deep conditioner with protein and can't so I will just have to egg an egg to honey. because i really do not know what to do about that.

I am in love with the CG method. My hair is so soft now and my edges actually lay flat now without gel. This method is so easy to me and my only issue is dry scalp which I remedied by applying a light oil.

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP! Anyone still CG?

I've gone completely CG. I was modified CG before-didn't use styling products though and didn't focus on curl definition.

Does anyone have any tips for a frizzy or undefined canopy? See any results in troubled areas after going CG for a while?

I actually started using devacurl set it free which helped with my frizz factor throughout the day. I also feel aloe Vera juice and grapes eyed oil has drastically helped my frizz issues during styling.

Attachments

• image-877639863.jpg
    image-877639863.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 67
I have been using the CG method since the first or second week of Jan 2012. That was my last time using a sulfate poo.

I gave all of my products to my mom except the hard core Aphogee 2 Step. I'm not going to use it...need to give it away.

So far, my stash includes:

Co Wash Conditioners:
Tresemme Naturals
Garner Triple Nutrition
V05 (leftovers from my relaxed days)

Deep Conditioners:
AOGPB
AOHSR
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque (in a mixture)
Shea Moisture Anti Breakage Masque (in a mixture)
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner (in a mixture or co wash alone)

Leave Ins:
Giovanni Direct Leave in sealed with Castor oil mix
Shea Moisture Curl and Style

Styler:
Eco Styler Blue mixed with a curl activator
Hawaiian Silky Curl Activator
Via Natural Conditioning Styling Gel (no hold)

Oils:
Grapeseed
Castor
Hemp
Wheatgerm

I have been using the CG method since the first or second week of Jan 2012. That was my last time using a sulfate poo.

I gave all of my products to my mom except the hard core Aphogee 2 Step. I'm not going to use it...need to give it away.

So far, my stash includes:

Co Wash Conditioners:
Tresemme Naturals
Garner Triple Nutrition
V05 (leftovers from my relaxed days)

Deep Conditioners:
AOGPB
AOHSR
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque (in a mixture)
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner (in a mixture or co wash alone)

Leave Ins:
Giovanni Direct Leave in sealed with Castor oil mix
Shea Moisture Curl and Style

Styler:
Eco Styler Blue mixed with a curl activator
Hawaiian Silky Curl Activator
Via Natural Conditioning Styling Gel (no hold)

Oils:
Grapeseed
Castor
Hemp
Wheatgerm

simplyhair WOW that is a lot of protein. My hair would be falling out if I put that much protein on it.

Shadiyah, help me see where there is a lot of protein? Do you mean the AOGPB? If so, that's a very mild protein.

simplyhair anything that usually says anyti breakage or restorative is usually a protein treatment. None of it says moisture treatments. that is why I said a lot of protein and the wheatgerm is a protein.

Deep Treatment Masque (in a mixture)
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner and wheatgerm.

simplyhair anything that usually says anyti breakage or restorative is usually a protein treatment. None of it says moisture treatments. that is why I said a lot of protein and the wheatgerm is a protein.

Deep Treatment Masque (in a mixture)
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner and wheatgerm.

Shadiyah, oh I see. The Deep Treatment Masque and Restorative Conditioner are moisture based even though the front label does not say moisture treatments.

I mix those with the AOGPB. I haven't used the Anti Breakage in a while but when I do, I mix it with a moisture based DC.

I'm not familiar with wheatgerm being an actual protein. I thought it was something similar to the structure of coconut oil. I'll research it though. Thanks!

I am really enjoying this method. I can't wait until the weather is consistently warm so I can wash my hair in the mornings and leave with wet hair.

I am definitely back on this right now:yep:

I guess i'm still modified bc i use Tresemme Naturals shampoo (low-sulfate) every couple of weeks or so...my scalp gets dirty fast.

I've been using the OneCondition for the past 2 days...its not bad but...mehhh....it's a nice alternative to use when my hair feels overly moisturized...i think it has some protein in bc it definitely strengthened my hair up!:yep: I wish they'd fix the smell tho:ohwell: Smells like plastic lemonade drenched in Splenda :barf:...and a few flowers.

I am definitely back on this right now:yep:

I guess i'm still modified bc i use Tresemme Naturals shampoo (low-sulfate) every couple of weeks or so...my scalp gets dirty fast.

I've been using the OneCondition for the past 2 days...its not bad but...mehhh....it's a nice alternative to use when my hair feels overly moisturized...i think it has some protein in bc it definitely strengthened my hair up!:yep: I wish they'd fix the smell tho:ohwell: Smells like plastic lemonade drenched in Splenda :barf:...and a few flowers.

SmilingElephant you are making me sick because I am trying to stick to my bun and you are tempting me lol. but I aint made at you. keep up the good work I love your hair.

:lol: Shadiyah !! I'm sorry!:grin: You know I loooove my wash n go's! Lol! How are you all bunning tho? I can't seem to get my hair in an actual "bun" in its natural state unless it's on top of my head bc it's so curly. I can do my ponytail. :ohwell:

:lol: Shadiyah !! I'm sorry!:grin: You know I loooove my wash n go's! Lol! How are you all bunning tho? I can't seem to get my hair in an actual "bun" in its natural state unless it's on top of my head bc it's so curly. I can do my ponytail. :ohwell:

SmilingElephant my hair is so thin but I think for you it would be easier if you bun while your hair is wet because you can finger it in place and tuck your ends under.

faithVA lol mostly jus hangin out:grin:

there's a lot more talk about naturals going CG so I'm like...let's bump the CG thread then!!

I'm still pretty much modified CG tho. I use a low-poo every so often. Would love to be shampoo free, but my scalp gets oily and dirty pretty fast and it will get this smell and have buildup, so I do need to shampoo once in a while.

@faithVA lol mostly jus hangin out:grin:

there's a lot more talk about naturals going CG so I'm like...let's bump the CG thread then!!

I'm still pretty much modified CG tho. I use a low-poo every so often. Would love to be shampoo free, but my scalp gets oily and dirty pretty fast and it will get this smell and have buildup, so I do need to shampoo once in a while.

That's what I figured...just hanging out.

Why is low poo considered modified when Deva Curl makes No Poo and Low poo products. It's part of her line so I would think using a poo would still be curly girl. I can see using a comb/brush would be modified though.

Also I found during the winter, my hair seems to appreciate cones bc of the barrier it creates around the strands. So instead of gel I use Noodle Head curl cream. I don't mind it in my styler but no cones allowed in my co wash or rinse out conditioner.

My hair is SO hydrated thanks to CG I haven't DC'd in a few weeks:blush: I'll get back to it tho. Trying to decide what DC to buy tho.

That's what I figured...just hanging out.

Why is low poo considered modified when Deva Curl makes No Poo and Low poo products. It's part of her line so I would think using a poo would still be curly girl. I can see using a comb/brush would be modified though.

I thought that too but I read the ingredients yesterday and her low poo has no sulfates.

My low poo does contain sulfates but the milder version. The ALS instead of SLS. I use the Tresemme Naturals shampoo.

I understand.

I hope my hair gets hydrated. Even though my hair hasn't hydrated yet, I am still enjoying it. Hopefully it gets better over the next few weeks.

Keep us updated on which DC you get.

Back