Curlformers are my new husband - lol - and long

GodMadeMePretty

I might have to kick my hubby to the curb. Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy, what did we DO without these. I SUCK at rollersetting. But I've wanted my daughter to have curls for her performing group. So I would always do twistouts since she is natural. I debated about curlformers or flexirods but since I don't know where to get flexirods, I bought the salon kit at Sally's.

My daughter was in LOVE. She said she wanted to wear her hair like that every Sunday (she had a performance today so she was able to wear her hair down to church. I've never let her do that. The last time she had curls, I had to do bantu knots and she doesn't care much for the amount of time that it takes.

I washed her hair and kept it wet with a spray bottle of water and conditioner mix. I used Fantasia IC gel but I won't be using that again. I remembered why I didn't like to use it on her hair. They lie when they say no flaking. The stuff flakes in her hair. So next Sunday I will be doing it again with a foam. (She has another performance). Anyway she went to sleep in them and then we got up this morning and got under a very old hooded dryer for about an hour.

Here's some pics. These pictures really don't do her hair justice since I forgot to use a real camera and realized that I needed to take some pictures and I only had my phone.

Front view right before bed
314103841.jpg

Back view. We put a satin bonnet on her head it to keep them out of her face. She said she was fine with sleeping in them. But we probably won't do that again. I like for her to sleep unhampered.
314103838.jpg

This was after church and after I had to make some of the back ones smaller because they didn't dry and after she stood in the sun for about 40 minutes.
314103836.jpg

314103834.jpg

This is the back. You can see where her hair isn't dry. After church, I re-did about 6 of them into 12 thinking that I would just blow-dry it at the performance but my blowdryer kept kicking off because the voltage was too high for the plug. So this was just airdried with no additional products other than the water/conditioner mix.
314103846.jpg

After dancing (sweating, etc. in the sun). I think it was 80 degrees. Definitely right near the high heat of the day at 2 pm. The front really still looks good. It's just the back that didn't get dry that is the problem. Even some of the back ones looked good but these fluffy ones just stand out.

314103844.jpg

314103843.jpg

Since the front still looked good, I just twisted the back part of her hair into as many twists as I had ringlets - sometimes separating the ringlets into 2.

She is absolutely in love with her hair. She keeps saying, "My hair looks so good."

I found that the ones that I had trouble pulling through were the ones that I looked at when I was finished and thought, "I should make those smaller." If the section was too big, I could barely get the hook to pull through. After I made the sections smaller, it was smooth sailing.

I really don't know how I lived without this. Her hair had so much body. The dance director told her that she really liked her hair. She's never said that before. ***shame on you mommy*** :lachen:

Oh, JOY!!!

This is so gorgeous! Your dd is adorable! I read somewhere on this board that if you mix the IC gel with a little oil, it won't flake.

Her hair looks nice, and your daughter is pretty. How long did it take to put the Curlformers in?

This is so gorgeous! Your dd is adorable! I read somewhere on this board that if you mix the IC gel with a little oil, it won't flake.

Thank you for that tip. I will be trying them in my hair tonight and I'll do some with the foam and some with the IC gel and coconut oil.

Her hair looks nice, and your daughter is pretty. How long did it take to put the Curlformers in?

It took about an hour. Now that I know what I'm doing, I know it will take less time. The first ones took me so long to do, but then I started rockin' and rollin' and it took no time at all.

Thanks, ladies for the compliments. She told me that her teacher asked her what I used to do her hair. She was able to tell her that the pack cost $12.99 but she didn't know how much the kit cost. And she told her that I got them from Sally's. :lachen: :lachen:

One thing though, her hair is really too long for the long but I pushed the ends in and used the 6 extra long that I bought. I'll probably make use of the long and short together and see how many of the extra long that I need. But since it came out pretty well, I'll save that purchase for later. I've never spent over $80 in Sally's. But it was sooooo worth it to see her smiling about her hair. She was waiting on them ever since she saw the youtube video and I told her that I was going to get them. She opened up the package and put the hook together. I didn't even realize that the hook wasn't already put together until it came apart and I said "It broke." That's when she told me that she put it together. :lol:

Back