Curing my PJism/Summer Product Junkie Challenge

RUBY

I've decided that I have so many hair products that I will not need to buy any more for a good while.

So I've decided to ban myself from buying any hair products until September and then I will assess the situation.

By telling my fellow board members I know I can keep this promise to myself and will keep y'all informed of my progress.
look.gif

Re: Curing my PJism

Count me in, too!!
smile.gif
My LHCF PJ Challenge ends on July 1st, but I fell off the wagon badly in June!!
blush.gif

I really shouldn't need to buy anything else at all until at least September!!
grin.gif

Ruby,

You should change the title of this post to "Summer Product Junkie Challenge" so that others can join!!
smile.gif

I'm in also! This is coming at a good time. Yesterday I bought Redken Anti Snap leave in just coz it worked for someone, well I used it last night and it did not "work" for me, so, I've had it, no more! I'm done!
OK count me in.

I'm glad my son uses all the products that I don't use any more cause I was running out of room! Now he's starting to use the products I do use so I have to hide them!

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I'll go in it with you. I will only buy staple products that are on sale (if I run out of them).

[/ QUOTE ]

The word 'staple' is rather ambiguous to a true product junkie; in fact, that's the PROBLEM: We have a hard time deciphering exactly what a 'staple' is. THEY'RE ALL STAPLES TO US!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bollyhair said:
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I'll go in it with you. I will only buy staple products that are on sale (if I run out of them).

[/ QUOTE ]

The word 'staple' is rather ambiguous to a true product junkie; in fact, that's the PROBLEM: We have a hard time deciphering exactly what a 'staple' is. THEY'RE ALL STAPLES TO US!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My staples are things I use everyday... conditioner for my no-poos, surge, on of my oil or butter concoctions (I have enough of this stuff to last the rest of the year!), and some sort of gel. I also use a shampoo (I have tons of this as well) once a week and I add oils and honey to my no-poo conditioner and do a deep conditioner once a week....

So... the only things I envision needing this summer are conditioner and gel... but only when I run out and only one at a time!

Count me in for this challenge cause I'm out of control!

COUNT ME IN!!!! There is absolute no reason for me to buy not another hair product. This is becoming ridicilous
frown.gif
I will check in once a week.

Okay, so for me a staple is something that I need and another product that I have cannot do the job. For example Biolage Ultra Hydrating conditioner is a staple that I use after protein treatments. I have come across nothing that can do as good of a job as the Biolage for this purpose. Now, say for condition washes VO5 and Pantene DMR and Garnier Fructris all do an equal job so if I run out of one, I do not have permission to buy another because I still have at least 2 bottles of each left. See? I have so much stuff and so many samples that I think I could go until December without buying anything new.

I dont need another hair product either just spent about
$150.00 on hair product last couple of weeks.
I always fail these challenges.
ohwell.gif

Sounds like a great idea!! I'm in too. I actually only bought 1 product this month and last month I bought nothing.
GO ME
trampoline.gif

When is the OFFICIAL start date of this challenge, there are still a few more things I want to get before I really start.

Im in as well, I have really been getting out of control lately. I also want to know when the challenge is offically starting. The only thing I can see myself needing to buy is shampoo and conditioner because I am running low but other than that I don't need anything else. How often are we checking in?

COUNT ME IN....
There is nooooo reason for me to keep buying and buying products, I mean Ive found several that are keepers but I need to use this stuff up before "trying" out more products. How many shampoos, oils, and conditioners can one person use? I will find a way to use up even the stuff I dont necessarily care for(a few oil lotions, etc). I have some good products that should get my summer regimen off to a good start, and I shouldnt run out until fall at least! As a matter of fact, I think too much product switching and experimenting can be negative for the hair, at least thats been my experience in the past.

I will be starting immediatelly but because many want to join me I think that the official start date is the 4th July, Independence Day from PJism.

I think once a week is ok to check in except we I or someone feels the urge too strongly and needs our help to brink them back from the brink!!!!

Okay, I guess the 4th of July is it, just to check in my necessary products are as follows: Surge Powerwash, my conditioner concoction, EQ Mango butter, Aloe Vera Gel/pomade, salerm, motion potion. That's all I can think of for now. Ya'll are my witnesses: I will not buy anything that I am already using, nor will I buy new items even if there's a huge rave about it on this board. I will not buy any hair/skin stuff even if it's on sale....
wallbash.gif
Okay, there's my official challenge swear in(raising right hand, left hand on Bible)

my only staple I may possible run out of is some kind of oil(hot six,etc), other than that, I have enough shampoos, conditioners, and serums to last a lifetime...lol.

I'm bumping this as a reminder to the people who are participating in this challenge, let's see if you can last through the summer, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stocking up on things I need and want to buy....

Sigh......I guess I need to join the challenge too. I have 13 conditioners sitting in my closet. Why?
confused.gif
I don't know....so yes, add me to the list. Maybe I can learn some self control over the summer
ohwell.gif

There is one item that I will definitely have to buy when I find it which is the scalp stimulating shampoo by Elasta QP. I am just going to have to live with my shampoo and 13 conditioners
laugh.gif

Thanks for bumping this. I just have to buy a bottle of shampoo and conditioner and i'll be set. I have everything I need, i'm trying to save money too so this is a great way to cut out unnecessary spending.
smile.gif

I'm in! I have enough hair products to last me to the end of the year but I don't think I could last that long.
laugh.gif

I'll start July 1st!

Back