Cowashing and bunning the key to wsl hair!

How can I work cowahing bunning and bagging into my daily practice?

Could I cowashing in the morning bun for work.
Come home cowash again and bag until the next morning???

I think that's to much. CW and bun in the mornings only.:yep:

Thanks Tiffers! I tried Suave Humectant......my hair so didn't like it! I recently bought Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. What do you think of that conditioner for cowashing?

I tried Hello Hydration and my hair hated it... it felt like straw by the time it dried. maybe you will have better luck than me.

**stomps feet, crosses arms, and pouts**

I don't want to wear a bun everyday. I love co-washing, roller setting my hair and letting it air dry. However, I am at the same length I was last year. <sigh> My hair is thicker and stronger. But maybe I need to pay more attention to the testimonies in this thread because I am past SL but want to be past APL.

**still pouting**

**stomps feet, crosses arms, and pouts**

I don't want to wear a bun everyday. I love co-washing, roller setting my hair and letting it air dry. However, I am at the same length I was last year. <sigh> My hair is thicker and stronger. But maybe I need to pay more attention to the testimonies in this thread because I am past SL but want to be past APL.

**still pouting**

If you are past shoulder length you need to be bunning (or some other type of protective styling) to reataining length. That the most vulnerable stage of hair growth.

If you are past shoulder length you need to be bunning (or some other type of protective styling) to reataining length. That the most vulnerable stage of hair growth.

So roller setting is not a protective style? I air dry and my hair is not catching on any clothing to snag it because the curls are tight.

Also, how do you dress up your buns?

ETA: I'm going to try this bunning. It's been a year and 3 trims, I should see more growth.

Loving this thread. The only issue I have with co-washing daily or 3x a week is that I catch cold or sore throat *sniffles* I did this last night. However, last summer I had done this method 1 a week and it did grow my hair our very nicely.

great advice ladies- Good thread. I love doing the bun too! I get all my growth from bunning alone.

I :love3:Herbal Essences Totally Twisted (this ALWAYS detangles my hair). I always use it on days I cowash but don't DC and sometimes just to 'wash' out my DC from my hair.

HE Hello Hydration is a good cowash condioner too but maybe try it then DC with a light protein, light moisturising con? You have to make sure your hair's not over moisturised so you need some protein (either DC or cowash con)... I use Aphogee 2min reconstructor once in a while...

I also tried Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, but my hair was soft but matted:ohwell:

Suave Humectant... when you used it, did you DC after? What did you DC with? I'd suggest a moisture con... Suave Humectant has a little protein in it but it's also moisturises so you could get away with not DC'ing after cowashing with it, actually.

Thanks Tiffers! I tried Suave Humectant......my hair so didn't like it! I recently bought Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. What do you think of that conditioner for cowashing?

I have a bottle of Break's Over at home, I haven't tried it yet cos my hair is doing so well with HE TT, HE HH and Suave Humectant (not used at the same time, I rotate)... I'll try it soon. I have the Organix coconut milk conditioner, I prefer to use it as a prepoo before cowashing, just doesn't feel right on my hair as a cowash con.

Break's Over is my fave, but it's hard to find now because it was discontinued :sad: I've heard good things about Totally Twisted and the new Hydralicious line. Organix also makes great cowashing conditioners. I really like the Shea Butter and Coconut conditioners :yep:

Last edited:
My hair grew the longest when I shampooed and conditioned daily or co/washed daily and bunned. I shampooed or Co-washed with Motions silk protein shampoo/ conditioner.
This conditioner was the perfect balance between protein and moisture.
I would add hair grease or vaseline to the last 2 inches of my hair then bun. My hair went from shoulder lenth to armpit in about 4 months

My hair does not like co-washing. However it does like to be bunned/protected. When I go through these silly phases of deciding to grow I do wear buns 90% of the time. Right now I'm going through one of those phases...so back to bunning YUCK!

Thanks D for the links! I wouldn't mind them so much if I could find a style that I can do and looks nice! Right not I just roll it up and put a silly scrunchy on it (yes it's silky).

ETA: I forgot to ask: When wet bunning how long can your hair stay damp before it starts mildewing/mold etc? I like to wet bun but it can take a few days to completely dry.

Last edited:
Just keep it up. If you protect and moisturize your ends that will help retain length. I keep my hair up and in a clip always with my ends tucked under. Whether in a bun or french twist. Even at night when I put my hair in four braids, I tuck the ends under.

Yes, I get asked if I'm a school teacher or some just come fight out and say you look like a school teacher. Or some people just make comments about me not knowing what to do with my hair. Sometimes I feel like I never left the sand box. But oh well, my hair has been the healthiest it's ever been.

Just keep it up. If you protect and moisturize your ends that will help retain length. I keep my hair up and in a clip always with my ends tucked under. Whether in a bun or french twist. Even at night when I put my hair in four braids, I tuck the ends under.

Yes, I get asked if I'm a school teacher or some just come fight out and say you look like a school teacher. Or some people just make comments about me not knowing what to do with my hair. Sometimes I feel like I never left the sand box. But oh well, my hair has been the healthiest it's ever been.

My coworker has called my buns witch buns for since '94, as long as I've been here. He makes a big deal about it when I wear my hair down.

I co-wash from 5-6X a week. This depends on my workout. Cowashing and bunning has helped me go from collar bone length to bsl in 2 years

I usually work out in the morning and this is when I co-wash. I am also 7 months into my transition. I am also 4a/b

Here are my tips for successfull co-washing:
If you are co-washing more than 2-3x weekly, please, consider using a cowash without cones. Cones can cause build up and this is when you get that "crunchy" feeling when your hair dries out. At this point, the cones allow minimal moisture penetration and moisturizing and sealing is done in vain. I really don't advise co-washing with a cone condish, but if you do so, co-washing daily may not work for you. I notice that a lot of you gals are using HH, and even though it is full of slip, it has a cone in it, so be careful with that. I, by NO means, advise co-washing with a protein treatment.

I detangle daily. I am BSL with 7 months of NG, so I get tangles and knots. if you have tangles, I suggest co-washing the hair in sections. before co-washing, try and loosen up the hair with your fingers by gently breaking it apart and massaging you NG. I finger part it in four sections, cowash each section seperately, twist it and clip it up with a big clip and go to the next. i then rinse my whole head. i do this instead of rinsing each section because the steam in the shower gives my hair some conditioning effects. Also I add a pea sized amount of EVOO to each section. This helps with the slip, detangling and moisture! I don't add evoo with every co-wash, i do it every other co-wash. i do this by putting a glob of condish in my hand. i then add a pea sized amount of oil and mix with my finger before i apply it to each section. after the condish is rinsed, i detangle and twist my hair in four sections. adding the evoo has severly helped with the detangling. i severly concentrate on my roots and ends making sure i massage my scalp gently. this serves a dual purpose because it 1. lifts the dirt from your scalp and 2. helps with blood circulation leading to faster growth. i then apply my towel, get out the shower and do some chores (like packing my lunch), take down the towel, and now my hair is almost dry. i apply my leave in, some leave in moisterizer (which is my condish) and spray with my vitamin spray by lisa ackbari. i then apply some aloe vera gel and a tiny bit of fantasia serum to my edges, gently brush my hair and apply my bun. i then have my scarf on which leaves my edges laid down.

If my SO will hold the camera, I will make a youtube tutorial.

My coworker has called my buns witch buns for since '94, as long as I've been here. He makes a big deal about it when I wear my hair down.

I like wearing buns. I don't know any profession that it will look funny if you wore a bun. My SO makes fun of my 'witch buns" too, but he loves my hair when its down. I think when i wore my hair down at work, they thought it was a weave. all of the white ppl were like "oh i love your hair, how did you get it like that". I said " the same way you would straighten yours" :)

I don't know if this is directed at me or not. But thanks for reminding me of the french twist. I hate buns because if I'm trying to look cute, the bun ruins it! Or at least that is how I feel :lachen::lachen:

Yeah, when I wear a bun a lot people think I don't know how to or what to do with my hair...lol! I've had people say I need a makeover:rolleyes::lachen::lachen:

Thanks, I just saw the bagging thread was not sure.
Will stop after work for v05 condtioner in Stawberry -- I think it is moisture:yep:

If you can find the VO5 Moisture Milk in Strawberries & Cream---that one is the BOMB! :yep:

When I CW and bun I do it at night. This way I can have a 'cuter' slicked bun in the morning for work b/c I tie a silk/satin scarf on it after loosly bunning. (I use the Goody pins or a claw). Add my leave in and moisture to the bun--focusing on the length and edges of my hair and I'm good to go.

Then, In the moring, I'd put a bit more moisture and slick it gently w/ a soft boar bristle brush and my hair would be nice for the day.

Then, on days I don't CW--I would spray my hair w/ a spritz and remoisturize my ends. :yep:

It does work--but I get bored--so I am rollersetting at the present...

Can't argue with this. Frequent washing at least 2x a week and bunning got me from SL to BSL. From BSL to MBL wet bunning did the trick. All in all keeping your hair moisturised and keeping your hands off it (and clothes, combs etc. while you are at it) works really well. I can testify to that:yep:. I've rediscovered the joy of co-washing at 13 weeks post.

Okay, so stupid question alert...how exactly do you bun?

Do you ladies use a band, then wrap the hair around it and pin? do you donut bun? do you braid the loose hair then pin?

I'm embracing my big forehead and want to start bunning almost everyday, and cowashing is great for working out and transitioning. I did it twice this week and got so many compliments, but I'm a bit confused how to protect the ends while bunned without getting them snaggled.

I did a quick tutorial on my daily bun

Hope this helps!

Zee'Ol lady, can you list the conditioners you use or ones w/out cones?

I use the V05 line.

As of 2006, per http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/archive/index.php/t-364.html and http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196051
Cone-Free Listing so far:

Abba Crème-Masque Conditioner
Abba Moisture Scensation Conditioner
Abba Nourishing Leave-On Conditioner
Abba Recoup Conditioner
Abba Thickening Conditioner
Abba True Culrs Conditioner
Abba True Curls Activating Tonic
Abba True Shine Conditioner
Abba TruMint Conditioner
Alberto V05 Blushin' Apple conditioner
Alberto V05 Free Me Freesia conditioner
Alberto V05 Extra Body conditioner
Alberto V05 Kiwi and Lime Squeeze conditioner
Alberto V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream conditioner
Alberto V05 Peaches & Cream
Alberto V05 Strawberries and Cream
Alberto V05 Sun Kissed Raspberry conditioner
Alberto V05 Tangerine Tickle conditioner
Alberto V05 Tea Therapy Nourishing conditioner
Aloe Desert Herb Revitalizing Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing conditioner
Aubrey Organics Jojoba
Auntie Rhubarb Moisture Bomb
Aussie Conditioner, Mega for Normal Hair
Australian Organics Extra Body Conditioner for Fine, Limp + Oily Hair
Australian Organics Nourishing Restorative Conditioner for Dry, Colored or Chemically Treated Hair
Australian Organics Replenishing Balancing Conditioner For Normal Hair
Avalon Organic Botanicals Therapeutic Conditioner, Revitalizing Peppermint
Avalon Organic Botanicals Therapeutic Conditioner, Volumizing Rosemary
Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner
Avalon Organics Conditioner Moisturizing Awapuhi Mango
Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint Treatment Conditioner
Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer
Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner
Beauty Without Cruelty Conditioner, Daily Benefits
Beauty Without Cruelty Conditioner, Moisture Plus
Beauty Without Cruelty Conditioner, Volume Plus for Fine Hair
Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In Conditioner, Revitalize
Biolage by Matrix Conditioning Balm
Biolage by Matrix Fortifying Conditioner
Bumble & Bumble Leave-in conditioner
Bumble & Bumble Seaweed conditioner
Carol’s Daughter Khoret Amen Shea Butter Hair Smoothie
Desert Essence Daily Replenishing Tea Tree Conditioner with Organic Tea Tree Oil
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
Elucence Protective Barrier Balm
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment
EO Coco Chamomile & Honey Conditioner
EO French Lavender Conditioner
EO Rosemary & Mint Conditioner
Frederic Fekkai Full Volume Conditioner
Frederic Fekkai Technician Conditioner
Freeman Papaya and Awapuhi, High Tide Volume Conditioner
Freeman Papaya and Lime, Overboard Shine Conditioner
Freeman Papaya and Mango, Massive Moisture 3 Minute
Garnier Fructis (Fine Hair)
Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Hair Remoisturizer conditioner
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Giovanni Magnetic Restruxturing
Giovanni More Body - Leave-in Hair Thickener
Giovanni Nutrafix (reconstructor)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat conditioner
Jason Natural Cosmetics Hemp Enriched Conditioner
Jason Natural Cosmetics Henna Hi-Lites Conditioner
Jason Natural Cosmetics Lavender Conditioner (Organic Hair Strengthening)
Jason Natural Cosmetics Natural Apricot Conditioner (Super Shine)
Jason Natural Cosmetics Natural Biotin Conditioner (Hair Fortifying)
Jason Natural Cosmetics Pure Aloe Vera Conditioner (Hair Soothing)
Jason Natural Cosmetics Rosewater Conditioner (Organic Hair Smoothing)
Jason Natural Cosmetics Natural Sea Kelp Conditioner (Hair Moisturizing)
Jason Natural Cosmetics Scalp Balancing Natural Jojoba Conditioner
Jason Natural Cosmetics Vitamin E with A & C Conditioner (Body Enhancing)
Jessicurl Aloeba Daily Conditioner
Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
John Masters Organics Honey & Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor
John Masters Organics Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner
JOICO moisturizer
Kenra Color Maintenance Conditioner
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Kiss My Face Big Body Conditioner, Volumizing
Kiss My Face Miss Treated Conditioner, Replenishing
Le Kair Cholesterol Plus Aloe Formula Conditioner
Living Nature Manuka Nourishing Conditioner
Miessence B5 Hair Repair Leave-in
Miessence Shine Herbal Hair Conditioner
Modern Organic lemongrass Conditioner (fine hair)
Modern Organic Glisten Conditioner (Chemically Treated Hair)
Modern Organic Mixed Greens Conditioner (Normal to Dry Hair)
Morrocco Method Diamond Mist Conditioner
Morrocco Method Volumizer Mist Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Biotin Conditioner Gel
Nature’s Gate Herbal Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Jojoba Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Keratin Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Lavender & Aloe Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Organics Fruit Blend Chamomile & Lemon Verbena Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Organics Fruit Blend Grapefruit and Wild Ginger Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Organics Fruit Blend Lavender & Aloe Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Organics Fruit Blend Persimmon and Rose Geranium Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Organics Tea Tree & Blue Cypress Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Organics Victorian Emerald Cypress Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Rainwater Herbal Awapuhi Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Rainwater Herbal Hemp Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Rainwater Herbal Henna Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Rainwater Herbal Rosemary Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Rainwater Herbal Sea Kelp and Aloe Conditioner
Nature’s Gate Soy Fragrance-Free Conditioner
Nature's Gate Organics Fruit Blend Asian Pear and Red Tea conditioner
Nature's Gate Organics Fruit Blend Mandarin Orange and Patchouli conditioner
Nature's Gate Rainwater Tea Tree Oil conditioner
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner & Detangler
Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner
No Rinse Hair Conditioner
Organic Excellence Mint Conditioner
Philosophy the big blow off, liquid protein hair conditioner
Prairie Naturals Badlands
Prairie Naturals Chinook
Prairie Naturals Harvestmoon
Progaine Weightless Conditioner
Pro-Vitamin SYSTEME Intensive conditioner repair creme
Pure-A-Teas Green Tea
Pure-A-Teas Lotus
Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner
Regis Design Line Olive Oil Conditioner
Regis Design Line Olive Oil Masque
Sebastian Instant Conditioner
Sebastian Slinky Conditioner
Shikai Color Reflect Daily Moisture Conditioner
Suave Aloe Vera
Suave Juicy Green Apple
Suave Milk and Honey conditioner
Suave Naturals Citrus Smoothie
Suave Naturals Conditioner, Juicy Green Apple
Suave Naturals Conditioner, Tropical Coconut
TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner
TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey conditioner
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Ultra Swim - Ultra Swim Conditioner
Timotei Honey and Monoi Conditioner
Wella Balsam for dry and damaged hair
Wella Flash Flood Hydrating Vitality Blast
Weleda Rosemary Phyto Hair Conditioner
White Rain Energizing Citrus
White Rain Extra Body conditioner
White Rain Jasmine conditioner
White Rain Regular conditioner

Cone-Free Leave in’s:

Carol’s Daughter Flowers & Herbs Leave-In Conditioner-General
Carol’s Daughter Flowers & Herbs Leave-In Conditioner-Indigo
Kiehl's Leave-In Hair Conditioner
Pantene Pro-V Shining Start Conditioner

Mid-Range Cones

Kerastase Nutritive Lait Vital Proteine Conditioner
Neutrogena Clean Conditioner, Replenishing
Samy Curls Conditioner
Rusk Sensories Moist Sunflower & Apricot Creme Treatment Conditioner
St. Ives Extra Body Conditioner with Chamomile & Sunflower
St. Ives Revitalizing Conditioner with Aloe Vera & Echinacea
Suave Professionals Color Care Conditioner

Mid-Range Leave-In’s
(More To Come…)

Low-End Cone’s

Aussie Moist Conditioner for Dry/Damaged Hair
Nexxus VitaTress Conditioning Volumizer
Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Conditioner
Rusk Sensories Calm Guarana & Ginger 60 Second Hair Conditioner
Samy Smooth Conditioner
Shikai Henna Gold Highlighting Conditioner
St. Ives Extra Body Conditioner with Chamomile & Sunflower
Suave Naturals Citrus Smoothie Conditioner
Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze Conditioner
Suave Professionals Color Care Conditioner
Suave Professionals Sleek Conditioner
TRESemme European Conditioner, Vitamin E Moisture Rich
TRESemme Total Solutions Intense Moisture Conditioner, Intense for Dry/Damaged Hair

Low-End Leave-in’s:

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, Original
Nexxus Headress Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner
Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair Big Volume Conditioner

Water Soluble Cones:

Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Treatment
Suave Professionals Awapuhi Conditioner
Suave Professionals BioBasics Conditioner
Suave Professionals Conditioner, Amplifying
Suave Professionals Conditioner, Sleek

more...

On-Line Cone-Free Conditioner Listing:

(http://healing-scents.com/index.html (http://healing-scents.com/index.html))
Healing Scents Cedar Forest
Healing Scents Citrus Rain
Healing Scents Dreams of Spring
Healing Scents Herbal Essences
Healing Scents I Love Lavenders
Healing Scents Jasmine Dream
Healing Scents Juniper Forest
Healing Scents Raspberry Kissed
Healing Scents Roses in Spring
Healing Scents Ylang Ylang

(www.cosmeticswithoutsynthetics.com (http://www.cosmeticswithoutsynthetics.com/))
CWS Herbal Conditioner

(http://www.myhoneychild.com (http://www.myhoneychild.com/)
Afri-Koko Conditioner
Banana Creme Conditioner
Sweet Citrus Conditioner
HoneyBerry Conditioner
HoneyLemon Conditioner
HoneyNut Conditioner
Jamaica Island Conditioner
MYHoneyChild Fragrance-Free Conditioner
Soy Pure and Balancing Conditioner

(http://www.gothrosary.com (http://www.gothrosary.com/))
Can’t Wait Demeter Hair Conditioner
Crypt Hair Conditioner
Dead on Chocolate Hair Conditioner
Dervish Hair Conditioner
Fairy Wings Hair Conditioner
Funeral Flowers Hair Conditioner
Gothic Rose Hair Conditioner
Graveyard Hair Conditioner
Heathen Hair Conditioner
Mayhem Hair Conditioner
Nocturnal Hair Conditioner
Nothingness Hair Conditioner
Samhain Hair Conditioner
Seasons Greetings Hair Conditioner
Seattle Rain Hair Conditioner
Shadows Hair Conditioner
Tea & Sympathy Hair Conditioner
Vanilla Hell Hair Conditioner
Wicked Hair Conditioner

You all have such lovely hair! That's it, I'm sold on the virtues of wet buns.

^^^DLewis, I love that cowry shell bun in you blog, quite nice!

I've been doing the kinikakes plait on Wed and just leaving it alone until Sat wash. Sometimes I twist it around in a bun. I guess I will keep this up as tacky as it may look on me. Oh well, what's a girl to do to retain length. I think over the summer on my days off, I'll revisit co-washing.

For me personally, cowashing doesn't seem to work very well; I get quite a bit of build-up and my hair starts to break. I also try not to bun too often--particularly while sleeping--because this stresses my edges, give me headaches, and causes breakage at the nape for me.

When my hair was longest, I was getting my hair washed (with shampoo) once a week, and always wearing it in one, two, four, or eight braids.

:lachen::lachen:
332908901.jpg
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I co-wash from 5-6X a week. This depends on my workout. Cowashing and bunning has helped me go from collar bone length to bsl in 2 years

I usually work out in the morning and this is when I co-wash. I am also 7 months into my transition. I am also 4a/b

Here are my tips for successfull co-washing:
If you are co-washing more than 2-3x weekly, please, consider using a cowash without cones. Cones can cause build up and this is when you get that "crunchy" feeling when your hair dries out. At this point, the cones allow minimal moisture penetration and moisturizing and sealing is done in vain. I really don't advise co-washing with a cone condish, but if you do so, co-washing daily may not work for you. I notice that a lot of you gals are using HH, and even though it is full of slip, it has a cone in it, so be careful with that. I, by NO means, advise co-washing with a protein treatment.

I detangle daily. I am BSL with 7 months of NG, so I get tangles and knots. if you have tangles, I suggest co-washing the hair in sections. before co-washing, try and loosen up the hair with your fingers by gently breaking it apart and massaging you NG. I finger part it in four sections, cowash each section seperately, twist it and clip it up with a big clip and go to the next. i then rinse my whole head. i do this instead of rinsing each section because the steam in the shower gives my hair some conditioning effects. Also I add a pea sized amount of EVOO to each section. This helps with the slip, detangling and moisture! I don't add evoo with every co-wash, i do it every other co-wash. i do this by putting a glob of condish in my hand. i then add a pea sized amount of oil and mix with my finger before i apply it to each section. after the condish is rinsed, i detangle and twist my hair in four sections. adding the evoo has severly helped with the detangling. i severly concentrate on my roots and ends making sure i massage my scalp gently. this serves a dual purpose because it 1. lifts the dirt from your scalp and 2. helps with blood circulation leading to faster growth. i then apply my towel, get out the shower and do some chores (like packing my lunch), take down the towel, and now my hair is almost dry. i apply my leave in, some leave in moisterizer (which is my condish) and spray with my vitamin spray by lisa ackbari. i then apply some aloe vera gel and a tiny bit of fantasia serum to my edges, gently brush my hair and apply my bun. i then have my scarf on which leaves my edges laid down.

If my SO will hold the camera, I will make a youtube tutorial.

thanks for this!
i have to learn how to section my hair !
for me sectioning my hair gets me confused!
I know im so dumb!!

Back