COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

Cowashed with TIGI self absorbed and clinicure nourish. Found out tonight that WGHO does not wash out easily with conditioner and leaves buildup on scalp. After cowashing with TIGI self absorbed my hair felt clumpy and my scalp didn't pass the finger nail test. I then pulled out clinicure nourish and it did an awesome job at removing all the build up. Love this conitioner!

Here's my current progress so far...i flat ironed about 2 weeks ago:)

flat ironed May2012.jpg

picture.php

I don't care what don't nobody say....:::lip pop!::: Co-washing is the biznizz!:grin:

I co-washed today using my V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie and detangled/rinsed out with Tresemme Naturals again...and this time i used it as a leave in and didnt even use gel today...my hair looks no different than if i had gel in it but its just sooooo soft!:infatuated: You can feel the hydration!:yep: lol

Rest in peace 'fly' rest in peace....so there's a fly in my washroom as I go to shower and cowash....I spend 5 minutes swatting at it.....finally I get it but I can't find the corpse:nono:. Whatever i say I need to get this shower started....i open my eyes after rinsing out my first lather of conditioner. The blinkin' fly was attacking me!!! I almost fell too:nono: I did finish my cowash using AORM:lick: that conditioner is so fantastic:yep: And I found that fly too when I was done:look:

I cowashed tonight using Organix Healing Mandarin Olive Oil Conditioner. This is my second time using this stuff and it's great! It leaves my hair feeling ever so soft...

SmilingElephant said:
Thanks!:)

I have been natural for 1 year and 4 months but i am 2 years post relaxer.

Wow time flies...it does not seem like its been 2 yrs! How long was your natural hair when you chopped.

Wow time flies...it does not seem like its been 2 yrs! How long was your natural hair when you chopped.

Tell me about it!:grin: I can't believe i haven't had a perm in 2 years either!

I transitioned for 8 months and when i BC'd my hair only stretched right above my collarbone in the front and was SL in the back.:spinning:

Co-washed on Monday, May 14th using Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner...

Co-washed on Monday, May 21st using Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner...

Cowashed with AORM tonight...I love this conditioner:love: Once I'm 6 or 7 weeks post (or when the 'look' of my roots start to get to me) I'm going to switch to this for cowashes instead of the AOHSR....in some odd way it seems like AORM stretches my NG:perplexed:

Me too! And i used up my V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie:D I like TN as my detangler and leave-in. I can't believe ho much i love that conditioner now:lol: I used to HATE it! Now it's my alternative to Oyin Honey Hemp:blush:....dare i even say that?:giggle:

i just started using it. i like it so far, but i found out that there's a new formula without isopropyl alcohol and i got the one with the isoproply alcohol...i wonder if next time i can find the newer one.

i just started using it. i like it so far, but i found out that there's a new formula without isopropyl alcohol and i got the one with the isoproply alcohol...i wonder if next time i can find the newer one.

I just double checked to make sure and yep! I got the new formula!:lick: I like it a whole lot!!:lol:

Did a tea rinse with Honey Chamomile. Cowashed tonight with Tresemme Naturals. And used the Tresemme Naturals as my leave-in.

I'm about to go co-wash with:

V05 Strawberries n Cream

And Rinse out with:

Tresemme Naturals, also using it as a leave in and today i'm going to use my EcoStyler gel on top since its gonna be my first day at my new job:) I want my curls to stay in place!:grin:

Diva_Esq may I join?

How many times per week will you cowash?
I only plan to cowash once during the mid-week.

What conditioners are you planning to use?
Right now I will cowash with whichever conditioner I am trying to get rid of so nothing particular.

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
I hope to keep my hair more moisturized since it has become somewhat dry this season.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
Once a week on the weekends with a sulfate free shampoo.

Cowashed today with Curly Sexy Hair Conditioner. Don't really care for this stuff even though I was able to gently detangle after letting it sit during my shower. It has too thick of a consistency to my liking and not enough slip.

Challenge Update:

Since co-washing twice a week, I've noticed my hair is much more manageable, detangling sessions only takes minutes and I have better protein/moisture balance. I don't think I can go a week without washing again!

Cowashed and my hair feels great! Last photo is my hair all washed with leave-in and oil.

Will adjust photos in the morning. I hate when the phone photos do that.

ETA: Couldn't seem to adjust the first one.

Attachments

• image-3459372378.jpg
    image-3459372378.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 9
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back