Could we have an updated-4a/b roll call? Apologies...

Hey everyone, I'm just wantting to check in to be added to the 4a/4b
group...I don't have a set regimen yet, but I'm on my way thanks to all of
you here LHCF!!! Much Love to you all!! ;)

PraiseHim

PraiseHim said:
Hey everyone, I'm just wantting to check in to be added to the 4a/4b
group...I don't have a set regimen yet, but I'm on my way thanks to all of
you here LHCF!!! Much Love to you all!! ;)

PraiseHim

Thanks for checking in! Good luck on finding what works for you!

Another 4b here :wave:

After some hair breakage, I think I finally got my act together and found a regimen that works for my hair as well as my pocket. It's fairly simple and inexpensive:

Relaxing - Revlon Realistic Regular relaxer (lye)
Shampooing -- Motions Lavishing Conditioning Shampoo
Conditioner Washing - Suave Naturals Milk & Honey or Coconut Conditioner
Deep Conditioning - Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner
Moisturizing - Surge mixed with WGHO and Organics Olive & Clover Oil

victorious said:
Another 4b here :wave:

After some hair breakage, I think I finally got my act together and found a regimen that works for my hair as well as my pocket. It's fairly simple and inexpensive:

Relaxing - Revlon Realistic Regular relaxer (lye)
Shampooing -- Motions Lavishing Conditioning Shampoo
Conditioner Washing - Suave Naturals Milk & Honey or Coconut Conditioner
Deep Conditioning - Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner
Moisturizing - Surge mixed with WGHO and Organics Olive & Clover Oil

Sounds like u got a nice simple regimen happening for you.

I think I've pared down greatly as well....u know...I really liked the Suave Milk & Honey...then it seemed to just stop working for me...so I just stashed the two bottles away to reimplement down the line.

On the coconut tip...I loves my White Rain Tropical Coconut...more coconut, less fragrance, thicker than the Suave Coconut. (it's the one last thing I can push...lol)

MeccaMedinah said:
Type 4 natural here too- I thought that "WE" weren't invited, so I never replied :look:

First, Sha...was joking.....*thanks Sha:ohwell:*

Second, I didn't think an invitation had to be extended to say if you're 4a/b.....I don't think it says anywhere in the title the state of the Type 4 hair. I need to scoll through, because I thought some natural heads were on here.

Third, if Type 4 naturals would like to share their regimens, they should by all means do so.

This thread is for our hair type to learn from each other whatever state it's in..

Nothing more, nothing less.

MonaLisa said:
First, Sha...was joking.....*thanks Sha:ohwell:*

Second, I didn't think an invitation had to be extended to say if you're 4a/b.....I don't think it says anywhere in the title the state of the Type 4 hair. I need to scoll through, because I thought some natural heads were on here.

Third, if Type 4 naturals would like to share their regimens, they should by all means do so.

This thread is for our hair type to learn from each other whatever state it's in..

Nothing more, nothing less.
smileyhug.gif

Cute smilie...

4a
Shampoo: Rosemary shampoo bar
Conditioner: Herbal essence; fruit fusion, dry/damaged hair
Leave in: n/a
Moisturizer: shealoe or unrefined shea
Gel: used occasionally, proclaim aloe gel (clear)

Last edited:
Shatani said:

What da??? What is the hug for? I ain't mad...lol....I'm just saying...
wha? I didn't say that right? What did I do now?

You come in here....startin ish...that was never even a consideration...that heads were being excluded....now u wanna be huggin on folks....

wha'eva Sha...u lucky I lub u...:)

While u all up in the thread....why don't you share your regimen and/or products you use on your NATURAL head?

nchristina said:
Cute smilie...

4a
Shampoo: Rosemary shampoo bar
Conditioner: Herbal essence; fruit fusion, dry/damaged hair
Leave in: n/a
Moisturizer: shealoe or unrefined shea
Gel: used occasionally, proclaim aloe gel (clear)

Hey nchristina:wave:

Wow...u really do keep it simple. I'm impressed.

MonaLisa said:
What da??? What is the hug for? I ain't mad...lol....I'm just saying...
wha? I didn't say that right? What did I do now?

You come in here....startin ish...that was never even a consideration...that heads were being excluded....now u wanna be huggin on folks....

wha'eva Sha...u lucky I lub u...:)

While u all up in the thread....why don't you share your regimen and/or products you use on your NATURAL head?
that was an apology hug, but since you wanna cop attitude imma give you a wedgie now!

and you KNOW im not organized enough to have an actual routine!!! but heres what i got....

4a/b (i think its more be on the top and in the front)
shampoo: vo5 white tea shampoo
clarifyer: suave clarifying shampoo and ACV or baking soda
conditioner: suave or vo5 with EVOO added
deep conditioner: lustrasilk aloe cholesterol with EQP breakage control and aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and creamy conditioner (usually NTM)....warmed in the microwave
leave-in: salerm 21
moisturizer: whipped butter (shea with coconut oil and EO's) and sprays...oh, and EQP recovery
gel: proclaim curl activating (ive only used it twice so far)

Shatani said:
that was an apology hug, but since you wanna cop attitude imma give you a wedgie now!

and you KNOW im not organized enough to have an actual routine!!! but heres what i got....

4a/b (i think its more be on the top and in the front)
shampoo: vo5 white tea shampoo
clarifyer: suave clarifying shampoo and ACV or baking soda
conditioner: suave or vo5 with EVOO added
deep conditioner: lustrasilk aloe cholesterol with EQP breakage control and aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and creamy conditioner (usually NTM)....warmed in the microwave
leave-in: salerm 21
moisturizer: whipped butter (shea with coconut oil and EO's) and sprays...oh, and EQP recovery
gel: proclaim curl activating (ive only used it twice so far)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....my bad....lol...:kiss: :Rose:

I was looking at the White Tea Conditioner...might try that this summer...

a Salerm 21 chick...um huh...

U know....I love my NTM...but I didn't like the Salerm 21 by itself...I mixed it with the NTM....liked it....I mixed the Salerm with this dominican product and liked it...so I think I'll re-implement...even though some folks *cough, Sylver* are haunting me...with the dayum Rusk Smoother.

Okay...I see EQP recovery (aka, poor man's UBH Creme, lol)...but that's some good stuff. BabyGurl got me using it now along with my Woojee Cream.

Hole up...u use NTM? Have I seen you on the NTM thread? *cough*

Aiight...u actually have a nice lil product line up for your regimen. Thank you for sharing Ms. Shatani....:lol:

nchristina said:
I try. I don't like to spend a bunch of time applying products; I did that my first year natural.

I checked out your 2nd year natural pics....dang girl...you got some thick, shiny hair! Your waves and curls are so pretty.

Thanks for posting and sharing:)

MonaLisa said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....my bad....lol...:kiss: :Rose:

I was looking at the White Tea Conditioner...might try that this summer...

a Salerm 21 chick...um huh...

U know....I love my NTM...but I didn't like the Salerm 21 by itself...I mixed it with the NTM....liked it....I mixed the Salerm with this dominican product and liked it...so I think I'll re-implement...even though some folks *cough, Sylver* are haunting me...with the dayum Rusk Smoother.

Okay...I see EQP recovery (aka, poor man's UBH Creme, lol)...but that's some good stuff. BabyGurl got me using it now along with my Woojee Cream.

Hole up...u use NTM? Have I seen you on the NTM thread? *cough*

Aiight...u actually have a nice lil product line up for your regimen. Thank you for sharing Ms. Shatani....:lol:
i dont know if youve seen me in the NTM thread....i cant recall if i posted. i like the silk touch leave in, but i ran out and havent bought more yet....i like the serum for my press and and the DDC and DRM are both really good for my deep conditioner mixes :D

Shatani said:
i dont know if youve seen me in the NTM thread....i cant recall if i posted. i like the silk touch leave in, but i ran out and havent bought more yet....i like the serum for my press and and the DDC and DRM are both really good for my deep conditioner mixes :D

I have found a NTM kindred spirit in you my friend.

*Now learn the NTM Gang Sign, ur in!*

MonaLisa said:
I checked out your 2nd year natural pics....dang girl...you got some thick, shiny hair! Your waves and curls are so pretty.

Thanks for posting and sharing:)

Muhahah it just looks thick.
Thanks MonaLisa

hi Monalisa, i am a fairly new 4a/b. the pic i have in my signature is about 5 years old my hair is longer in the back now. i am just starting but am having great success with my hair from all of the wonderful tips on this site!
right now i am using:
Hot oil: Hot six oil w/ honey, evoo
Poo: CON
Conditioner: CON and then organics hair mayo to sit under dryer with honey added
Leave-in: organics hair mayo leave-in for detangling (great new find as my hair is torture to detangle :eek: )
Oils: castor oil on thin edges at night, raw coconut oil on ends
Moisturizer: i created my own moisturizer with shea butter, evoo, castor oil, coconut oil, melted and then cooled. works well but i need to add an eo for fragrance
My hair is becoming softer. Trying to stretch relaxer to nine weeks (used to be 5) and will switch from optimum no-lye to mizani.

4bb checking in. I' ve been natural since june 24 (big chop). I will keep braids, conrows and weaves for 2 years in a modified crown and glory (3 months in one week out of deep conditioning) My staples that i used while transitioning and proven to work that i intend to use as part of my updated regimen are:
products: huile masketi black castor oil, minoval, wild growth hair oil, lekair cholesterol, mtg, mane and tail moisturizing cond, creme of nature poo and vo5 conds, nioxin poo
supplements: freeda biotin 10mg or pp biotin, vitol hair skin nails time released, msm, freeda silica, pp protein shakes, Nature's bounty EPO 1000mg x2 or 3,i did not like gnc nourishair i dont see the benefit compared to vitol (only 1 pill) where i saw immediate growth coupled with the pp biotin 5 mg i will up the biotin to 20mg in my new september regimen and add 10,000mg msm crystals. mtg all the way after one month my bottle is already empty i poured it all wow

4a/b here, mostly b

I still have several products that I am waiting to try, but I am forcing myself to completely use up a few of these before I buy anything else.

Shampoos:
Optimum Care Collagen Moisture
Cream of Nature (green/yellow top)
Infusium 23 moisturizing
Mane n Tail

Conditioners:
Mane n Tail (rinse out & leave-in)
Optimum Care Rich Conditioner (rinse out)
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Infusium 23 moisturizing (rinse out)

Oils (usually mixed with leave-in conditioner):
Castor oil
Jojoba oil
Olive oil
Coconut oil

Hi Everyone..I'm a newby and a PJ already. I work down the block from a BSS :covereyes . I don't use all of the products all of the time, I'm searching for that perfect combination. So here goes. I am relaxed 4a/b.

Shampoo

Apoghee Evening Primrose Moisturizing Shampoo

Conditioner
LeKair Cholesteral Conditioner (Liquid form)

Deep Conditioners
Miss Keys 10en1
ORS Hair Mayo
Motions CPR
Fantasia Deep Penetrating Moisturizing Conditioner

Aphogee Intensive Reconstructor and Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer (used together)

Leave Ins
Motions Triple Action leave in
Infusium 23 leave in-heat activated
Surge
Hask Placenta Instant Repair Leave in spray
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer,
Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum
Pro Vitamin Hair Treatment Capsules for Instant Repair

Oils/Hot Oils Treatment
Natures Therapy Hot Oil Treatment,
Olive Oil,
Jojoba Oil (mixed in my conditioners)

Hair Dresses
Profectiv Mega Growth
Elasta QP Mago Butter Moisturizer

4a natural

Clarifying Shampoo: Aloe Rid
Shampoo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling
Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave Ins: Salerm 21, Alter Ego, Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner
Oil: Wanakee Oil for the Hair/Constant Care for Ends

4 a/b relaxed

Shampoos: Aubrey's Organics White Camellia and Honey Suckle Rose
Conditioners: Aubrey's Organics White Camellia and Honey Suckle Rose
Leave ins: Gary Null conditioner, EVOO, homemade hair butter
Other: homemade amla oil, AVC rinses, molasses intensive conditioner (homemade), avocado-coconut milk conditioner (homemade)

To-buy list: Aubrey's GBP shampoo and conditioner (to use during braids and after touch ups)

Yeah, I'm make alot of hair "products" -- a regular 'ol kitchen scientist:grin:

I'm 4a/b more b than a

These are the products I'm using this month. Every month I switch because I'm trying to find what really works for my hair.

Shampoos: Kenra Moisturizing shampoo or Elasta QP Conditiong Shampoo

Conditioners:
Moisturizing - Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner or Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment
Protein - Aubry Organics GPB, Nexxus Keraphix
Heavy Protein Treatment- Aphoghee, Dudley's DRC or Nexxus Emergencee

Conditioners for CO Washes/PrePoo Treatments: Daily Defense Tender Apple

Moisturizers: Surge Woojee; BB Castor Oil and Aloe; Coconut Softee; WGO

Leave-In: Silicon Mix leave-in or Sedal anti-sponge

Serum: Kerastase, biosilk or Redken glass

I just started to use Surge Ultra Max

Since it's been a really hot and humid summer I have been wearing my hair in a bun. I try to get a wash and set from the Dominican salon at least once a month, because this really helps my hair.

Last edited:
I am 4b and then some:lachen: ,

Pre Poo: Queene Helene hot oil treatment

Shampoo: Nexuss Therappe

Conditioner: Bone Marrow or Motion's CPR for light protein

Deep Cond & CW: Optimum Stay Strong w/Sauve Natural Aloe
& Vit. E and always add coconut nut
oil and milk to it..

Leave-in: Salerm 21, Black and Sassy Creme leave-in,

Daily Styling: All Profective products, coconut oil, B&B Oil Moisturizer

MTG and Lenzie's Request and Surge to Stimulate Growth:bud:

Back