Confessions Thread

Glib Gurl said:
I confess that lately I've been falling asleep with out taking care of my hair . . . I just throw a silk bonnet on my head and then just co-wash in the morning and "start over" in terms of styling. :ohwell:

:( I've done this too... also, I'm officially a PJ... I'll try anything.
ahhh... I feel better

locabouthair said:
sometimes i'll take a nap and not tie my hair down and i dont have satin pillow cases but ive been meaning to buy some.

:confused: I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not like you do it everyday right?

Edited to add:

MY CONFESSION - I recently relaxed my hair at 6 weeks post. I just could not deal with it anymore. And I am glad I did it too!

HoneyDew said:
:confused: I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not like you do it everyday right?

Edited to add:

MY CONFESSION - I recently relaxed my hair at 6 weeks post. I just could not deal with it anymore. And I am glad I did it too!

Don't feel bad I have done this twice since it has gotten warm :sekret:

I confess that I got my hair flat ironed last Saturday and in the heat it lasted 4 days. :ohwell: And I don't plan on washing it until a week from now. So there! :p

*step into thread* Forgive me LHCF I have sinned.

I haven't been regular with my vitamins. I haven't been spraying my extensions everyday, and sometimes go to bed with no scarf on.

I confess that even though I am using satin scrunchies, I am still putting it in too tight because the front, sides and back of my hair are breaking something serious.

I confess that since it's bike season, and helmets are a itch on your hair ~I've been using an elastic band to put up my hair and a cotton ruff ryders scarf to tie my hair down:ohwell:

I trimmed off quite a bit of hair recently. It's shorter than what I'm used to but I kinda like it.

I'm not getting the pregnancy hair growth people told me I'd be getting.

Using regular conditioner as a leave-in has done my hair some serious justice.

I now have a new goal of dusting my ends every four months.

The only way I've worn my hair recently is pulled back into a ponytail or two pigtails (loose of course).

My two year old neighbor won't leave my hair alone. I take my hair down and let her play in it and comb it since she likes it so much :).

I'm really tired of this super-loose curly patch at the nape of my neck. I'm thinking about making a point of keeping it cut off.

The urge to loc my hair still hits me from time to time.

Last edited:
kels823 said:
I confess that last Friday I blow dried my hair, flat ironed a few pieces, didnt like the way it looked so I cowashed it and wrapped it wet. I flat ironed it the next morning.

Whew. Now life can go on.... :p

Ohh how many times have I done this! But I will have washed, rollerset or flatironed my hair, didn't like the outcome, or felt dry, and stepped right back in the shower the same day (eeek!) and allowed my hair to air dry.

I have had several times of feeling "guilty" if my hair is straight (flat ironed, etc)

I confess that even though I was going to stretch my relaxer from May-August...I permed my edges and nape. :eek:

I need a trim...badly. :perplexed

I rollersetted my hair at 1 am and when I woke up at 6, it was slightly damp. And my roots were hella thick. I picked up the blow dryer to smooooooooth it out. :eek:

I used Colourshines Black Orchid a few weeks ago. Last night, I used Garnier Deep Burgandy (permanant) color. My new growth is reddish while the rest of my hair is BLACK. :eek: :lachen: I am making this promise...no more chemicals until 8/3 for my cousins weddng.

:( Forgive me ladies for I have sinned:

*I dont have and will not buy silk/satin pillow cases.
*I use the comb attachment to my blowdryer (not anymore I threw it away last week)
*I wear my hair out everyday. EVERYDAY!
*I have no idea when my last relaxer was so I'll just continue to strecth until I can't handle it anymore. Really- I don't no when it was, maybe 4 weeks maybe 2 maybe 7.
*I like to play in my hair- especially the new growth.
*I've used heat after I said I wouldn't. (I was in a rush)
*In the past I've overlapped all of my relaxers to the tips of my hair:eek:

WOW... I do feel better. And I feel lucky to have any hair at all.:look:

LHCF forgive me for I have attempted to sin...

Last night I did a wash, condition and my hair felt great I let it air dry and this morning I seriously contemplated (for an hour) wearing it out when I know good and well Im in the HYH challenge until X-mas!

* I feel shamed *

i leav my braids in longer than I should (the longest was 6 months straight). It took 6 days to take out the cornrows because i had so much matting.!!!!!!!!

I confess that I haven't been taking care of my hair at all. Wash-scrunch with mousse-repeat daily.
I confess I haven't trimmed my split ends since my last relaxer in March
I confess that I don't do anything to my hair at night nor have I moisturized it in ages.
::sigh::

The only thing I can think of is that I flat-ironed my hair a few weeks ago without using a heat protectant, but the temp. was kinda low-medium so I don't think I did much damage. :look:

CurliDiva said:
Although I'm in the Use-It-Up challenge - keep buying products!:D

Me too. :look:
I've had cornrow in for two weeks and I haven't been moisturizing like I should. The braids are coming out soon so I can get back on my regimen! :perplexed

I must confess I'm doing nothing at all to my hair. I was even wondering if I could stop DC and just use Aveda's for 5 minutes while taking a shower.

Last edited:
When I flat iron, I blast my hair at 425-450.

I have been wearing an orange cotton bandana daily. I love that thing.

Sometimes I detangle with a fine tooth comb.

I am a product junkie.

I confess that when I get my hair relaxed in three weeks (after a 8 month stretch), I will ...

-Wear my hair out until Spetember

-flat ironing it everyday probably not using a heat protectant

-I wont moisturize it because I have fine thin hair and anything I put in it weighs it down

-blow dry if after every wash

I also confess that Im a serious product junkie
Whew......That does help :smile:

jovan787 said:
I confess that when I get my hair relaxed in three weeks (after a 8 month stretch), I will ...

-Wear my hair out until Spetember

-flat ironing it everyday probably not using a heat protectant

-I wont moisturize it because I have fine thin hair and anything I put in it weighs it down

-blow dry if after every wash

I also confess that Im a serious product junkie
Whew......That does help :smile:

Jovan, why would you need to flat-iron it everyday?

I swore off any shampoo that wasnt organic but recently went back to Cream of Nature (The green and white bottle) because I missed the way the tangles just fell out of my hair. Said I'd only use it the one time a month ago, been sneaking it ever since.

Pixel Lady said:
I'm wondering the same thing...:confused:

Because my hair is very fine/thin and flat ironoing it gives it a more body and movement. I normally wrap it at night (not too tight) then tie it down and when I wake up its flat and lifeless. This was my routine pre LHCF :cool:

Any suggestions to maintain my hair's life and body without having to use a flat iron PLEEEEASE let me know. I have the thin lifeless hair that when I moves it gets stuck in place :(

jovan787 said:
Because my hair is very fine/thin and flat ironoing it gives it a more body and movement. I normally wrap it at night (not too tight) then tie it down and when I wake up its flat and lifeless. This was my routine pre LHCF :cool:

Any suggestions to maintain my hair's life and body without having to use a flat iron PLEEEEASE let me know. I have the thin lifeless hair that when I moves it gets stuck in place :(

Have you considered rollersetting and then wrapping (aka rollerwrapping)? Then you could continue to wrap until next wash day to maintain the style. That could help with smoothing the hair and also add body and bounce.

Nixx said:
Have you considered rollersetting and then wrapping (aka rollerwrapping)? Then you could continue to wrap until next wash day to maintain the style. That could help with smoothing the hair and also add body and bounce.

Hey Nixx :wave: Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about rollersetting but I dont know how. Im hoping that macherieamour will have her tutorial out by the time I relax my hair. Im sure some people have tutorial in their fotki but Im a visual person so Ill need to see it in action.

Ive gotten a couple of Dominican blowouts where she did a rollerset but I wasnt paying much attention to what she was doing. I wrapped it at night and I think I still ended up flat ironing it everyday (It was a few months ago so I cant recall if I flat ironed everyday)

CurliDiva said:
Although I'm in the Use-It-Up challenge - keep buying products!:D

Same here. :perplexed

And what's really decadent about it, is sometimes I use a whole bottle of conditioner as a pre-poo, just to help me Use It Up. Obscene I know. :dizzy:

jovan787 said:

I flatiron my hair after airdrying and I really don't need to until I wash again. I use satin covered foam rollers on my hair at night - only a few - like 3 or 4 maybe. I roll it up, lay some sections down - like the bang, which I kinda just wrap around and tie it all down. That way my hair is not too flat. Actually sometimes I don't have to do that every night. I could do that one night and then the next just put on the satin bonnet if I just want it to be a bit flatter.

But, if your hair is just staying in place when it moves, I don't think flatironing everyday would be helpful to your hair over the long haul. Even if I don't do my nightly rollerset and my hair gets flat, I still have the movement, just not as much volume. So it seems that there is something else going on there. But, I am afraid for you if you will flatiron daily, especially since your first goal is healthy thick hair. That can't be too good for your goal.

If that is what you were doing before, did you retain your length and health of your hair?

Last edited:
I had to go real quick and I was trying to look cute so I curled my hair (haven't done that in several months) knowing good and well it was dirty. I feel so bad. I just got home but Im about to wash, condition and baggy right now!

- I have microbraids and they are not looking good at all right now. It is a battle for me to overcome my laziness and apathy and spray/moisturize them daily.

- For the past several months (and I mean SEVERAL, since last October) I have been contemplating getting a relaxer even though I've been natural for 7 years. I am so sick and tired of twists and braids that it's not even funny. But I am very scared of putting chemicals in.

- I am purposefully using products that go against what I believe I should be putting in my hair (that is, things that are not totally natural) and I don't even care.

- In fact, I almost don't care if my hair grows or not. I have been a member for 2 years and I never seem to achieve the growth that others do. I am thinking of cutting it all off and starting over because I'm so sick and tired of dealing with it and worrying about it.

- I still don't have a solid hair care regimen down.

Wow, I don't feel any better at all. Sorry so morose. :(

Back