What went WRONG?

-Using heat daily
-No deep conditions
-Not concerned about ingredients
-Relaxing every 4 weeks
-Not covering before bed
-Using hard bristle brushes
-Wrapping too much
-Not rinsing products from crown well (incuding RELAXER)
-Not shifting position of buns
-Not using protein
-Not conscience of protein consumption
-In other words, I didn't know what the heck I was doing

What went wrong for me:

Not neutralizing long enough after a relaxer (now I do 6 neutralizing washes)

trusting a beautician (never again)

weekly heat (I only flat iron for special occasssions)

too much protein (once a month only now)

not clarifying (I once thought my dryness was due to not conditioning enough when it was actually due to not clarifying enough.)

wrong choice of products (I'm sticking with the Elucence brand and Affirm relaxers)

daily roller sets (I wear protective styles now)

stretching relaxers for too long (what works for some doesn't work for me, and my hair is doing better since doing what's best for ME.)

Now that I understand my hair and what products and techniques use best for me, I am well on my way to achieving that waistlength goal.

*I never used to moisturise
*I wore braids for to long, sometimes for 6 months yuk! (I was a foolish kid back then)
*I never conditioned my hair at all (only with the relaxer kit boxes) and I didn't even knew deep conditioners existed!
*I didn't know you were supposed to jus relax the new growth!

I'm sorry but I was so clueless, the hair thing is still an uphill struggle today even though I know 100times more than I used to. Still trial and error and it really isn't easy, but I can't give up...

I: never deep conditioned, used leave in, or moisturized.
I: Greased my scalp religiously, slept with a cotton scarf, used alcohol based products, and got touch ups EVERY 6 weeks.

Back