Combing New Growth - There has to be an easier way!!!

Pretvl323

Hi Ladies,
Right now I'm transitioning and I'm having some trouble combing through my new growth after a wash even with a wide toothed comb. It's even hard to comb through after about two days after I've washed and flat ironed it. When I'm combing through it, it feels like I'm pulling out a lot and breaking some off. Are there any suggestions for how to comb through new growth easily? I really need some help with this.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Hey! I'm sorry you're having a time. I was recommended Aubrey Organics GPB to deep condition on dry hair and it worked wonders for me. I wash weekly and use this as I have need. I just followed the directions. Also, I'm working on keeping my hair moisturized and not letting my roots get too dry. I'm sure there are ladies who are more experienced and can tell you more than I can. You might check the Transitioners Support Thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=56005 I believe this is the link...Hope that helps! :wavey:

:bump: for more replies!

scurl or stasofro..i hear alot of good things about these products on new growth. I use something similar but not those brands. spray it on the new growth let it sit for a minute and then comb thru with a wide tooth comb. its works well.

I know how you feel. I had so much trouble detangling that I relaxed. I regret it but it was too hard. S-curl didn't work after a few months. Kids organics didn't work. I am going to try again but I know this is going to be my biggest obstacle.

I know how you feel. I had so much trouble detangling that I relaxed. I regret it but it was too hard. S-curl didn't work after a few months. Kids organics didn't work. I am going to try again but I know this is going to be my biggest obstacle.

i applied Kids Organic Detangling Lotion in the shower: and rinsed it out allowing the water and comb to glide through my new growth

I just made it to 6 weeks and have been spraying my scalp and ng with CareFree Curl Activator before I go to bed. As well I use the baggy method on my entire hair because I have extremely dry hair. But the curl activator has really helped me.

Thanks ladies. I'm going to have to try some of those ideas. It's getting to the point that I'm afraid to wash my hair because of the aftermath!

Any other ideas?

Prepooing with conditioner, coconut milk, coconut oil and honey has worked wonders on my NG. I do it each time I wash, which is twice a week. I leave this concoction on my hair with a plastic cap for 1 1/2 hr. Gives a lot of slip and make my NG real soft. I also try to keep my NG moisturized daily with some leave in conditioner and sometimes I spray my NG with a mixture of water and coconut oil. HTH.

i ... um... don't comb mine.

when i'm 8+ weeks post, i deep condition on dry hair with an extra slippy conditioner, and kinda let the water do the job for me. after 8 weeks, i know better than to try and comb through the NG. ESPECIALLY dry new growth. no no no. :nono:

Back