COLOR GURUS - Feria with Color Booster

KinksnCurlz

I ran into this product today and i almost got it. i mean i was thisclose to getting it but i needed to hear from my beloved Color Mavens
smile.gif
Have you guys tried this? Heck, have you even heard about it? I wonder how this would compare with the Textures and Tones (which i have). I've used the feria before (it didn't work) BUT this one seems to add a booster to it and i know that would help lighten this morticia adams hair.

I've never used Feria, but I remember someone saying that it's damaging...
frown.gif
. I'm sure someone here has experience with it...

feria damaging...
nono.gif

i use to use it alot (chocolate cherry) and my hair NEVER felt better
smile.gif
I think it was that conditioner they included in the box. i LOVEDDD that conditioner. I have some of it here but alas, it is not to be... it just doesn't do the same thing.
frown.gif

I saw this babe and I'm curious as well - but be careful...

It says that it isn't to be used on relaxed hair which is the ONLY reason your beloved Trayster didn't buy a box.

Preference has a browns with booster line too...I'm investigating. I'll keep you posted.
wink.gif

Additionally, the thing that makes T&T the top brand in my book is the lack of ammonia. Feria has ammonia so you can't be certain your hair won't dry out.

I used Feria with 3X Highlights 3 weeks ago, and I was impress. I read here from someone that had a bad experience wih Feria color before and I was so scare of trying it. But I was convince when I saw the color in the box. had to give it a try. It is amazing. I still can't explain how the color and the highlights are created in just one application. My hair looks wonderful, and the conditioner is great!. The color is trully prismatic.
People had complimented me for the past 3 weeks like crazy!!!
That are my 2 scents about Feria.
Remember: What worked for me might not work for everyone.
wink.gif

Thanks T... funny thing is I called the feria # (i actually opened the box LOLOL) and the cs lady said 'it's okay on relaxed hair...'
scratchchin.gif

Aphrodiva - are you relaxed or natural?

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I've never used Feria, but I remember someone saying that it's damaging...
frown.gif
. I'm sure someone here has experience with it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used Feria and never again... i streaked my hair and everytime i washed it the color would run and you couldn't even tell that my hair was colored... also this other girl that i know used it and she experienced a lot of damage (she has to cut her hair, it was long too) but i think that when you color you hair as long as you keep conditioning it and deep conditioning you will be okay... but i wish the color would of stayed in my hair any suggestions lol

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Thanks T... funny thing is I called the feria # (i actually opened the box LOLOL) and the cs lady said 'it's okay on relaxed hair...'
scratchchin.gif

Aphrodiva - are you relaxed or natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the Browns with the Booster?

It SPECFICALLY says not for use on relaxed hair on the box!!!!
shocked.gif

If you used Feria already it might be fine tho....

Try it and tell me how it is!
laugh.gif

LMAO... oh y i gotta b the ginea pig huh huh huh?
laugh.gif

I used the old feria without the booster a longggg time ago, i actually loved it. it made my hair feel so soft and beautiful
smile.gif

and yes, im talking about the browns with the booster. im gonna pass on it tho
laugh.gif

look.gif

laugh.gif

I'd pass too...but not to worry, I may just be the guinea pig myself....Dude, I have a PROBLEM with color. Is there such a thing as colorholics anonymous?
wallbash.gif

I need to join Colorholics Anonymous myself!!
look.gif
Now that I found my holy grail color with T & T Bronze, I'm ashamed to admit that I've turned my color fetish on my daughter!!
blush.gif

Last weekend I actually let her buy the Herbal Essences Highlights kit
shocked.gif
, it was supposed to give Copper highlights, but since her hair is so dark, I figured it would probably only lift her hair to red... Well, when I got home, I did a strand test on some hair that I got out of her comb... Granted that I left it in the solution for about 30 minutes, but her hair turned damn near WHITE!! That's some strooooong stuff!!
nono.gif
I did another test later, leaving the hair in the solution for just 10 mins., and sure enough, it lifted to that coppery color!!

We decided not to use it. I didn't want to take any chances with her hair, since she's trying to grow it out!! We took it back to WalMart and I ended up getting Loreal Casting ColorSpa in "Redwood" which came out really nice (a deep auburn/wine color), and her hair looks even healthier than it did before we colored!!
smile.gif

*edited to add* -- I forgot to mention that when I got home and read the directions for the highlights, it specifically said "not to be used on relaxed hair"
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Hi CaramelH! Sorry sor the delay on my answer to your question. My hair is both. The ends are what is left of my relaxed hair and the rest is natural. I am growing my hair and little by little triming my ends. I don't want it short again!!
crazy.gif
I use to have it as hort as my husband. (Almost military, LOL) to hide the fact that I have frizzy dry hair.
I am using the Caramel Kiss color and it looks so amazing.
Also, I condition wash my hair only. Only use shampoo if I need a deep cleanse. And belive it or not I am usen Alberto VO5 Balsam Conditioner and that product is a plus for dry curly hair.
I have a big "hair ritual" and so far my hair has grown so fast and my curls are amazing. (Can not belive this is my hair, I use to hate it)
But if you want email me and I'll share everything I do to make it grow. My hair is now pass my bra' . And the color makes it look radiant.
grin.gif

I don't know about this one, but I've used feria before and it jacked up my hair. Maybe it's because I have very fine hair. I wouldn't recommend anybody using it

I'm looking at a box of Feria with color booster NOW! should I try it???

So, I bought it. I got the hi-lift browns. I want to use it as a highlight only. I'm a 4a/b, natural.
I'm boared with my darkbrown/black twists. Looking for a 'summer' look.
I'm scared to try it, but I really, really want to. I hope since my hair is natural, I will cut down on the possibility of dry-out and breakage.
Also, what is the best method to get the small (not chunky) highlights on my short hair??

Last edited:
I'm dying to color my hair but I don't know if I want to risk it... Never tried Feria though. I tried T&T way back but it didn't really lift my hair like I wanted. Then again, I didn't know then what I know now. Waiting for more responses as well...

I used Feria in P48 (Pure Purple Power) after bleaching my hair (yes i was mad)... anyway, it came out bright red. My hair was relaxed at the time as well(!) so im not too sure how it would behave on natural hair. Chances are it was quite drying, but my hair was already funked up by that point. i think loreal colors tend to fade fast. maybe its just me...

it probably says not to be used on relaxed hair because the booster is bleach and bleaching on relaxed hair is a double process which will cause your hair to dry out since the developer is probably 30 volume and when bleaching relaxed hair most manufacturers suggest only using 20 volume which will lift your hair slower with less damage the higher the volume of developer the faster the bleaching action more damage especially with relaxed hair when coloring hair you should always use a protein filler and then deep condition after color jb hth :)

Back