Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

@Aggie

Yeah, I may get that Pure Powder.:grin:

I've been doing my Coffee Rinse & Slapping the Reconstructor or Protein Rx on Top and hopping under the dryer for a bit. :yep:

So, maybe I'll add a teaspoon to the Coffee for Good Measure.:lol:

@Aggie

Yeah, I may get that Pure Powder.:grin:

I've been doing my Coffee Rinse & Slapping the Reconstructor or Protein Rx on Top and hopping under the dryer for a bit. :yep:

So, maybe I'll add a teaspoon to the Coffee for Good Measure.:lol:

IDareT'sHair

:lol:, Good idea hun. You can't miss if you do this. I bought my caffeine powder from www.purebulk.com.

I noticed that it would not dissolve right away so what I do is make my tea, add the caffeine, stir and set the whole thing in the microwave on high heat for a minute or so.

When I remove it, I stir some more and watch the powder slowly dissolve into the tea, allow to get to lukewarm, then pour over my scalp, slap my conditioner right over that and wash it all out together.

This is so much easier this way for me:yep:.

I :love: coffee so I thought I would never be able to do coffee rinses. I found a candidate. I get caught up with coffee sometimes. Lately the last two packs I've bought have been weak no matter what I do. I finished the last one this next one will get used. This pumpkin spice bs will be brewed and used as a coffee rinse.

Applied my coffee castor oil to my crown and edges again tonight. Going to try it everyday and see how that works. If not I will cut oiling my crown to every other day.

Just rubbed a little Shi-Naturals edge grow/on edges,HairTrigger on the rest of my scalp..

*Tonight (Thursday)- I will do Ayurvedic Hair Treatments....

*Shi-Naturals-Contains Coffee

*HairTrigger-Contains Black Tea...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Shay72

That's exactly what I did Shay.:grin:

I had some 'weak' Coffee sitting in the Cabinet for about a Year (Southern Buttered Pecan:lick:) sounded delicious. Tasted Terrible. :lol:

I brewed it right up into a Coffee Rinse.

Aggie

I did order some Pure Caffeine Powder. Only got a really Small amount because I was/am concerned about the dissolve-ability.:look:

I'll put it in & stir while the Coffee is hot. Like Sugar and see if/how it dissolves that way. Like you did.:yep:

So, I'll start off small & see how's it goes.

Add me please....

I am using: Roobios, Nettle, Horsetail, and Black tea..gotta get a handle on this awful shedding..

Did a tea and coffee oil rinse on Monday. Today is usually my 2nd wash day of the week. Henna overnight tonight (unless I wash it out late tonight instead) then a DC tomorrow (or overnight if henna is washed out) followed by a green tea rinse. :) Will update after doing so!

@MaraWithLove Nice Siggy Lady!:grin:

@faithVA I'm thinking about buying Whole Beans and then afterwards just pouring the Oil in the Bottle. That way I won't have to strain it (if I used Ground).

IK. Taking the Lazy Way Out.:lol:

I was taking the cheap way out. I have coffee hanging around. And in the future I plan on getting the coffee packs from hotel rooms I stay in. I won't be buying any coffee. :nono:

Rubbed some rosemary pomade on edges & Applied HairTrigger on the rest of my scalp...That serum feels so good on my scalp & keeps my roots soft..

Happy Hair Growing!

Today i made tea rinse with skin detox tea that i didn't like the taste it has green tea, hibiscus, pomegrante, cardamon, Grape, rose petal, honey bush, dandelion, yellow dock.

Last edited:
@Ltown

That Tea Rinse you Made sounds wonderful! Such Lovely Ingredients.:lick:

Some Lady at work had some Black Currant Tea Bags so I asked for one. :look:

I'll put it in my next Black Tea Brew when I make some.

*I know she thought I was going to drink it*:lol:

I am tea rinsing (and loving it) twice per week these days. I hope the black tea I use will have a darkening effect over time.

I'm so glad to learn that its not too harsh to tea rinse more than once per week as I thought once before.

I steep two tea bags in about a cup of hot water....rinse my hair with the tea after I shampoo, then slap moisturizing conditioner on top of that and let it sit for like 30 minutes under a self heating cap (the one that looks like foil). Then I rinse it all off and proceed to my leave-ins. I swear, my hair seems softer and stronger at the same time. Now, just to darken these gray hairs a bit...patience.

Tea rinsed today with black tea, and then globbed some AE garlic condish on top and sat under the dryer...loving this..I will spritz with nettle tea and bun it up...will also have a cup of nettle tea for good measure...couldnt hurt... To the ladies that have been members for a while,remember how luckiestdestiny would do those nettle tea rinses years ago?? She was def on to something..

I've already been rinsing with tea/coffee so I guess I might as well join :grin: I alternate between cinnamon/green tea rinses and cinnamon/coffee rinses each week.

Tea rinsed today with black tea, and then globbed some AE garlic condish on top and sat under the dryer...loving this..I will spritz with nettle tea and bun it up...will also have a cup of nettle tea for good measure...couldnt hurt... To the ladies that have been members for a while,remember how @luckiestdestiny would do those nettle tea rinses years ago?? She was def on to something..

Love nettle!:grin:

LunaGorgeous said:
I've already been rinsing with tea/coffee so I guess I might as well join :grin: I alternate between cinnamon/green tea rinses and cinnamon/coffee rinses each week.

:hiya: what are the benefits of cinnamon?

Tonight I washed with Shea Moisture Black Soap Shampoo for clarifying and followed with my coffee/black&green tea rinse on the scalp only Used Mega-tek (new formula) as protein condish on top, sat under dryer for 20 min.

Rinsed that and followed with a catnip/fenugreek/hibiscus tea rinse, and currently have B.A.S.K. Cacao Bark on top of it for my 30 min steam treatment. Will rinse this and do my acv rinse and do my leave-in/moisture/seal combo, and will twist it up in the morning.

Back