Coditioner Gumbo??

AudraChanell

Conditioner Gumbo??

Okay ladies, I got sick of seeing all the bottles of conditioner (some with 1 use, other w/about 5 uses) so I mixed them together! Once I mixed, I added about 1/4 cup of EVOO, it completely filled my old Alter Ego Garlic Oil container. Once a week I plan to leave it on for 10 mins and rinse, then sit under the dryer w/Wheat Germ. I can't have any ill effects from this gumbo, right?

Some of the things in it,

of course Alter Ego Garlic Oil
Capilo Honey and Milk
Biolage Ultra Hydrating balm
Biolage Conditioning balm
Motions CPR
Motions Moisturing
Neutrogena 60 sec Repair
Garnier Fructis 3-min Mask
Pantene Relaxed and Natural
2 different reconstructors from Body Works

that's all I can think of right now ...

Last edited:
I do this all the time, and I just love the name of this thread "Conditioner Gumbo" :lol: It's funny cause that is exactly what it is. I love to mix all my V05's together, just a little bit of each though. :)

I always mix my conditioners. For prepoo, I usually only use one plus olive oil. For after poo condish, I just randomly pour away--whatever I feel like mixing. Then I heat in the micro for a few seconds and saturate my hair with a plastic cap and towel. I haven't seen any ill effects--in fact, my hair seems to like the mixes better than the straight shots.

This post is sooo encouraging!! I, too, warm my conditioners (and mix EVOO in them) :)

Cheleigh said:
I always mix my conditioners. For prepoo, I usually only use one plus olive oil. For after poo condish, I just randomly pour away--whatever I feel like mixing. Then I heat in the micro for a few seconds and saturate my hair with a plastic cap and towel. I haven't seen any ill effects--in fact, my hair seems to like the mixes better than the straight shots.

I did the same thing with a few conditioners. I added a little honey too. It worked well for me. :D

I didn't want to get in the shower with one and not have enough for my hair. :eek:

Ohh I like the gumbo idea. :woot:

I always mix my conditioners together. I normally mix condtioners of the same brand together (ex: VO5, Suave, etc). And of course I add my EVOO & honey. :lol:

i tried this with a bunch of V05 conditioners. Usually I use them, and there are still small amounts in the bottle that won't cover all my hair.

For some reason after using this concoction, my hair broke. So I threw it away.

I am still loving my dominican mix thanks to ANKY plus it was a way to use up some of my products I am a conditioner junkie.

oh my conditioner gumbo contains.

A smidgen of Olive oil cholesterol
Shea butter cholesterol
Motions CPR
Doo Groo thickening growth oil
ION Anti-Frizz Solutions Extreme Moisture Nurturing Creme

I've been thinking about putting together my own conditioner gumbo. How does this sound?

Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer
Tresemme Hydrology Intense Moisturizing COnditioner
Motions CPR
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner
EVOO

Sounds good to me. You understand we are just using leftovers and not going out and buying all of this stuff to mix together.

karezone said:
Sounds good to me. You understand we are just using leftovers and not going out and buying all of this stuff to mix together.

Yes, I understand :) . This is all that I have collected so far that I'm not too crazy about on their own. I'm hoping that the conbination of them all will be better.

I do a simple gumbo of:

Griet Oil 12 en 1
Pantene Smooth and Sleek
Jojoba Oil

It works great and smells better mixed up.

I've done this to get rid of my old stuff somethings you have to spice up to get it working, but who wants to do it all the time,LOL, so this has worked well for the hair and it moved alot of crap out and new staples in :)

Back