Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

Well here is an update. Not much to see in photos but my canopy and other shorters hairs seem to be growing. My big challenge is keeping the shorter hairs from tangleing with the longer ones as my volume fills in. My shedding is extremely low so that is a good thing. I still look like a fluffy bear with all the shorties sticking out of the braids near my scalp. I am hoping that at the fall equinox the improvement will be noticeable in photo's. I am in mini braids now but will go back to bigger ones for a while. I love them but they can get tedious. :yep:

Will be away for 3 days ladies, have a good week end and keep growing.

I can't see pics but it may be my phone.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app

I've decided not to let others' negativity stop me from posting here. Plus, I missed all of you ladies. So I'm back. I'm just in time for the updates I see. : pulls up chair. :grin:

I bet your hair looks amazing Candy. I can't wait to see everyone's updates.

:yay:
Glad you're back. That's right girl shake them haters off. When people are hating on you we all know what that's about, you've achieved something they can't even conceive of being possible so they hate you for being able to do it.

I mean it's not like before people started flat ironing and blow-frying their hair daily people of all races had longer healthier hair. And it's not like tons of black women all over the world don't have healthy thick long hair too-it's ridiculous. Keep your head up mammi.

Have you seen Starr1 updates, she's thigh length straight I think already and she joined this challenge too.

:yay:
Glad you're back. That's right girl shake them haters off. When people are hating on you we all know what that's about, you've achieved something they can't even conceive of being possible so they hate you for being able to do it. I mean it's not like before people started flat ironing and blow-frying their hair daily people of all races had longer healthier hair.
Have you seen Starr1 updates, she's thigh length straight I think already and she joined this challenge too.

Thanks you. I'm happy to be back. I missed all of you too much. I was starting to feel a little sad about leaving.

Where are those updates?! Lately, I've been really interested in extreme lengths---like thigh length and beyond.

Thanks you. I'm happy to be back. I missed all of you too much. I was starting to feel a little sad about leaving.

Where are those updates?! Lately, I've been really interested in extreme lengths---like thigh length and beyond.

She has an album in her profile page. I can't remember where else I saw her update pics

I've decided not to let others' negativity stop me from posting here. Plus, I missed all of you ladies. So I'm back. I'm just in time for the updates I see. : pulls up chair. :grin:

I bet your hair looks amazing Candy. I can't wait to see everyone's updates.

:club:

Ya.....hoo.....:yay: There are so few woman with hair as long as yours or longer... Those few history photos I was able to find are of braided floor length hair hundreds of years in the past. We are breaking new ground with loose long flowing hair. We need all of the support and photos to share in the history making event!:yep: You are loved here and we NEED you!:blowkiss:

How is everyone's hair doing with the warmer weather? Everything's the same with me. I tend to ignore my hair a lot.

Lately, I've been playing with makeup more. Today, I wore purple eye shadows:

DSC03104-vi.jpg

DSC03103-vi.jpg

I used this palette from Mac to create the look:

DSC03115-vi.jpg

First, I started with a primer that is kind of close to my skin tone and used my fingers to apply it from the lid all the way up to under the brow. Then, I applied the bottom left color to my entire lid. I applied the darkest color on the bottom right to the V and I also used this color to line the bottom of my upper lids. I applied the lightest color on the upper left to the inner corners of my upper and lower lids. Then, I blended all of it in. I used one coat of Sephora mascara on my eyelashes.

DSC03118-vi.jpg

^^^^Pictures is the Mac paint pot that I used as my primer. The Clinique brush closest to the primer is what I used to apply my eye shadows. I blended everything in with the brush next to it. The flat brush is the Mac brush that I used to line the bottom part of my lid with the darkest eye shadow. I used the Mac brush with the white bristles farthest away from the paint pot to apply the light color to the inner corners of the upper and lower lid.

Here's how I store all of my make up and brushes:

DSC03109-vi.jpg

DSC03111-vi.jpg

I decided to play in my make up while I wait for everyone's updates. :lol:

@Toy, thank you. I usually don't wear my makeup like this, but I'm working on improving my blending techniques and using more the one color on my lid. Plus, I haven't been very interested in hair lately so now I'm focusing on make up. :yep:

Hello jupitermoon - I was feeling down. My hair looks short because of the shrinkage:brainfog: due to the weather here. But today I actually felt better because I was reminded that even though it is monsoon and typhoon:darkcloud: weather, it is also hair growing season:gorgeous:. Hair growing season lasts until October here. So I am just going to bear with the shorter look. Let me define shorter.... my shrunken hair looks like the last pic I took with straight hair. So to me it looks like there was no progress....:look: I will be posting a pic tomorrow...

I Love the makeup! The colors look good on your eyes!:eye:

How is everyone's hair doing with the warmer weather? Everything's the same with me. I tend to ignore my hair a lot.

Lately, I've been playing with makeup more. Today, I wore purple eye shadows:

DSC03104-vi.jpg

DSC03103-vi.jpg

I used this palette from Mac to create the look:

DSC03115-vi.jpg

First, I started with a primer that is kind of close to my skin tone and used my fingers to apply it from the lid all the way up to under the brow. Then, I applied the bottom left color to my entire lid. I applied the darkest color on the bottom right to the V and I also used this color to line the bottom of my upper lids. I applied the lightest color on the upper left to the inner corners of my upper and lower lids. Then, I blended all of it in. I used one coat of Sephora mascara on my eyelashes.

DSC03118-vi.jpg

^^^^Pictures is the Mac paint pot that I used as my primer. The Clinique brush closest to the primer is what I used to apply my eye shadows. I blended everything in with the brush next to it. The flat brush is the Mac brush that I used to line the bottom part of my lid with the darkest eye shadow. I used the Mac brush with the white bristles farthest away from the paint pot to apply the light color to the inner corners of the upper and lower lid.

Here's how I store all of my make up and brushes:

DSC03109-vi.jpg

DSC03111-vi.jpg

I decided to play in my make up while I w

jupitermoon Very pretty,Blends well with your brown eyes...

Happy Hair Growing!

Hello Everyone, As promised here are my pics. They are what I call my Afro Puffs. My hair doesn't kinky up, just shrinks like crazy in this Typhoon weather... It is much fuller and has filled in nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

If you have noticed the first page of this thread.... I have changed the updated dates.... There is only one more update after this round. It will be on December 17th. So I will be waiting for everyone to trickle in with their pics this month. Thanks....

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, As promised here are my pics. They are what I call my Afro Puffs. My hair doesn't kinky up, just shrinks like crazy in this Typhoon weather... It is much fuller and has filled in nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

If you have noticed the first page of this thread.... I have changed the updated dates.... There is only one more update after this round. It will be on December 17th. So I will be waiting for everyone to trickle in with their pics this month. Thanks....

Candy828 Your hair looks great...It has gotten a lot thicker & fuller...Keep growing!

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm glad you're back too and not letting envious people get you down. (Although I'm not on this challenge, I am a loyal follower.)

picture.php

picture.php

Wow,:woot: Your hair has filled in so nicely:dizzy: I was considering a 4-5 inch cut. Listening too much to all this thick ends propaganda. But kept saying that my hair just is not ever going to be like that. So I am sticking with the Cinnamon Hair practice and will let my hair naturally fill end.

:yep: Your hair looks great.

I've decided not to let others' negativity stop me from posting here. Plus, I missed all of you ladies. So I'm back. ...

That's the spirit! Glad you are back. :D
I peek in on other threads sometimes, but mostly I stick to posting in this thread, and the hip and tailbone ones. I haven't posted pictures in a while, but when I do, I would rather have them "hidden" in this thread; more peace and less negativity that way.

... I was considering a 4-5 inch cut. Listening too much to all this thick ends propaganda. But kept saying that my hair just is not ever going to be like that. So I am sticking with the Cinnamon Hair practice and will let my hair naturally fill end. ...

I would have to cut my hair back to BSB for my ends to be up to the standards of some folks around here. Not going to happen; what for anyway? It is only apparent if you are wearing your hair straightened and out on a regular basis. But yeah, the "thick ends" propaganda is very hard to ignore around here... everyone who posts a picture seems to be apologizing for their ends lately, even when the ends are perfectly fine. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, I have mentioned that my hair grows in a natural V shape, but lately, the lowest point on the V isn't in the center anymore, it's on the right... a lop-sided V, :spinning:. I wish I could get an uninterrupted block of time so I could straighten my hair and see what is really going on. I've been shedding a lot again (stress, illness, post-partum), so I am hoping the asymmetrical V isn't because I have bald patches on the left side of my head, :lol:.

^^^ Wow... but it does look kind of fake. The pulled back hair looks too lacking in volume to make such a thick braid, plus it thickens in the middle before thinning back out. But yes, it does look as if it would be knee-length, if not longer. Maybe if you post the link on TLHC, one of the real knee-length people might want to recreate the style. ;)

^^^ Wow... but it does look kind of fake. The pulled back hair looks too lacking in volume to make such a thick braid, plus it thickens in the middle before thinning back out. But yes, it does look as if it would be knee-length, if not longer. Maybe if you post the link on TLHC, one of the real knee-length people might want to recreate the style. ;)

Yeah... you are probably right about it being fake. But I'll keep this one in my hairstyle folder anyway...:grin: Maybe one day!:lol:

Tips for the Day! Saturday, June 4th

Vitamin E for hair growth - The Benefits

"Vitamin E for hair growth is beneficial because vitamin E has the effect of a scalp massage all the time. It contains valuable antioxidants that help to keep the immune system up and improves circulation to all parts of the body, including the scalp. This isn’t to say that you should stop your scalp massages - they feel too good, but when used in conjunction with a vitamin E supplement taken daily, they will likely be much more effective in hair growth." (Do not take more than the recommended dose!)
By: http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/vitamin-e-for-hair-growth.html

Vitamin E Product Uses...
Vitamin E capsules can also be used in your deep conditioner treatment. Just snip the end of a capsule, pour and mix....:grin:

Happy Hair Growing!:grin:

:fairy:

Back