Check out my Granny's waist length hair.

Re: Check out my Granny\'s waist length hair.

I love this picture, your grandmother is very beautiful and so is her hair!
smile.gif

I'd like to ad that my Grandmother does not moisturize her hair during the week and she sleeps with an old pair of cotton panties on her head.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

REALLY?!
laugh.gif
The simple things are the best. I just learned a good lesson.

Beautiful photograph, beautiful hair.
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing it, AFS.

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
Beautiful photograph, beautiful hair.
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing it, AFS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. What a photo treasure!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
Oh, I just love this picture, the hair, the styles, the clothing! Did you guys notice how the dresses back then were more flattering to curvaceous figures? Pretty, pretty, pretty!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've always thought so, too. So very feminine.
smile.gif

The proof is in the pic...stunningly beautiful...you know sometimes we dont want to believe that beautiful hair...can really be as easy as keeping things as simple as possible...

In my younger days...that IS how we had long hair...kept it up all week...washed it on Saturday...pressed and combed...wore it down on Sunday...back up for school on Monday...

Makes me rethink some things...

your grandma is soo pretty. what did she use to grow her like that?

I love that picture!!!

My father was telling me today about my aunt who used to sit on her hair as a teen, but when I told him I wanted to have long hair then he doubts that I can have hair that long. I told him how can you say I can't have hair that long and your own sister who is blood related to me had hair that long, he joked (I guess realizing that he was wrong for doubting my hair growth) and said well your hair is bad it comes from the other side of the family, referring to my mother's father's people. However, they were part Indian, so that isn't true either (grin).

ignore my last sentence i just looked at the picture and i didn't read anything...

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Her hair looks gorgeous, and your last comment is right.
smile.gif
For some, simplicity if the best way to go.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

Bump
smile.gif

I wish someday to have think long hair like Della Reese that play on Touch by an Angel. It was thick and pretty.

A very lovely picture. Grannie is a very beautiful woman and her hair is very lovely.

Her hair is beautiful. Forgive me if I missed this answer but how often did she wash her hair? She must have kept some moisture somehow. I want a simple regime too.

Like everyone said, that pic is gorgeous!! Everything about it! I love the style and class from that era, too.
grin.gif

Amazing! I wish I could achieve such length with such a simple regimen, her hair is so beautiful- what an inspiration!!!

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
The proof is in the pic...stunningly beautiful...you know sometimes we dont want to believe that beautiful hair...can really be as easy as keeping things as simple as possible...

In my younger days...that IS how we had long hair...kept it up all week...washed it on Saturday...pressed and combed...wore it down on Sunday...back up for school on Monday...

Makes me rethink some things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes girl,
After I saw this pic I scaled down my routine. Of course - I will never press or relax my hair again but I will take my grandmothers advice to leave my hair alone a lot more. There is nothing wrong with simplicity.

That's a beautiful picture! Her hair looks great.

Ballet BUn ...
driver.gif

That's a beautiful family portrait. That's a beautiful style your grandmother is wearing, too.

That is one beautiful picture. All the girls/women in that picture look gorgeous. What a beautiful black family.

i just luv your family photo...and your grandma is def a "looker"...blk woman age so gracefully...i am sure she looks just as great now...

you guys are also doing it on the fashion tip ;o)..each person is on point...high five... i luv pics like this i feel like back in those day we as a ppl were at our best...family-wise

and will our grandkids look to our pictures that that someday. . .?

Back