Castor Oil Challenge 2012 (June-December)

I've heard folks say not to oil your scalp when your hair is in braids, but I've been massaging castor oil into my scalp since the start of the challenge. Keeps it from itching. I use my oil mix on the rest of my hair though.

I applied and massaged jbco onto my scalp last night. My new growth is starting to come in now at 5 weeks post and my hair is still soft. Plus breakage and shedding are at a minimum.

I put jbco on my edges this morning. It's been almost two months since I've been in this challenge and I like applying the castor oil to my hair and scalp and I can't wait till December comes so I can see my progress!

After I wash this DC out, I will be applying to my edges and letting it airdry. Once its airdried I will braid it up and apply it to my scalp.

I have been skipping the JBCO to try my new Mahabhringaraj oil...ladies OMG...it has only been a few days and I have so much hair growing in my little bald patch on the right side of my edges...I'm not giving up on the JBCO but I'm loving these results with the Mahabhringaraj oil. I just have to get over the smell :(

shortt29 said:
I have been skipping the JBCO to try my new Mahabhringaraj oil...ladies OMG...it has only been a few days and I have so much hair growing in my little bald patch on the right side of my edges...I'm not giving up on the JBCO but I'm loving these results with the Mahabhringaraj oil. I just have to get over the smell :(

I have never heard of that oil! And wouldn't dare try to pronounce it lol

Lilmama1011 said:
I have never heard of that oil! And wouldn't dare try to pronounce it lol

Lol! Lilmama it is an Ayurvedic oil and I purchased it from a local Indian grocery store where I also purchased henna and other powders

shortt29 said:

Wooing I need that. LOL how much was it.

Solila said:
Wooing I need that. LOL how much was it.

It was about $7 at the local Indian grocery store but you can search online if you don't have a local store near you. Beware of the smell so don't use too much! (just a fair warning) but it works. Here is the bottle:

Attachments

• image-3482273342.jpg
    image-3482273342.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 23
Back