Can someone explain this? Did anyone else noticed?

BlackHairDiva

Younger men /older women? Did anyone else noticed?

I noticed a trend and I'm wondering if this could be a sign of what is to come for those of use that are not married. Those of us in the early 30s:look: Could this trend explain what most of us will end up with?

I noticed that more and more successful men, younger men 25 and above end up sweeping up older women...I can't help but wonder am I seeing off? Does this mean that the odds of us finding men are in our age group smaller and bigger odds that we will end up with younger men. Is that what is in store for women who do have an education, career, money( you know the list of "criteria/data /traits" that is supposed to make more unlikely to marry)...Is this a sign that the people who will actually appreciate us will be younger successful men who wants someone who has their back and can still be able to take care of them?

Again just an example,

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/35...his_40-something_year_old_new_girlfriend.html

Notice, that Usher is younger( despite anyone musical tasted it is clear that he is a successful). Second notice his girlfriend she is older, yet She looks better than most younger women out there nowadays.Also, i suspect she has a solid academic background/career.Could it be that younger women slip up so bad in their game that we have more and more younger men( successful men) are going this route? I'm noticing that more younger men in my area are with older women.

Last edited:
Say it ain't so!

No, seriously I think each person's destiny is different and I really don't think some trend is going to affect the way things are supposed to happen for me.

Say it ain't so!

No, seriously I think each person's destiny is different and I really don't think some trend is going to affect the way things are supposed to happen for me.

To be honest I dont think I would feel comfortable having someone younger. I mean Im not saying that we are all going to be in our 40s marrying a man in his 20s. I'm thinking successful women in the early 30 ending up with successful guys in his mid 20s

Wow, I was just thinking about this lol..

A friend of mine - 29 just married a man who is 24. She is doing quite well financially, he is not on her level but she has always been the type where a man's financial status is not a huge thing with her. Other than that he meets all of her requirements.. I was surprised at first about the age gap but after looking at the big picture I can see how that worked for her. ETA: ok, I have to mention this - she was a virgin when she got married and Im' glad she has young buck to make up for lost time with :look:

I used to not want a man younger than me but I'm starting to rethink that. I'm 29 and a lot of men I come across my age and even a bit older are still in a prolonged adolescence mindset. So if being 33 is no guarantee that a man has a certain mentality, why should I not look at younger men? I'm 29.. I would consider a guy who's 26 or 27.. I can't go lower than that yet lol.

Last edited:
Wow, I was just thinking about this lol..

A friend of mine - 29 just married a man who is 24. She is doing quite well financially, he is not on her level but she has always been the type where a man's financial status is not a huge thing with her. Other than that he meets all of her requirements.. I was surprised at first about the age gap but after looking at the big picture I can see how that worked for her. ETA: ok, I have to mention this - she was a virgin when she got married and Im' glad she has young buck to make up for lost time with :look:

I used to not want a man younger than me but I'm starting to rethink that. I'm 29 and a lot of men I come across my age and even a bit older are still in a prolonged adolescence mindset. So if being 33 is no guarantee that a man has a certain mentality, why should I not look at younger men? I'm 29.. I would consider a guy who's 26 or 27.. I can't go lower than that yet lol.

See Im a virgin as well, I'm starting to wonder who the heck I'm gonna end up with. I have a gut feeling he is going to be younger.Plus, most men in their early 30z are already married. So who does that leave? The men who are 24-25 up to 29 who are looking to settle down.

I also was on youtube. Another example I stumbled upon was Cristiano Ronando...All his GF were clearly older than him. Meaning early 30s looking women. So i was stunned. I think these younger successful men noticed something. There on to something. Another example, Young actors/singers who have women drooling and chasing them who did they end up with? Older women. Example : Usher ( GF is in her 40s ), the kid fom malcom in the middle( wife 4 years older), One of the Jonas Brothers ( getting married to a girl up to 3 to 4 years older), and the list goes on. Something is up.

heck Cristiano dated Indian Bollywood actress bipasha basu ( born 1979) and he born in 1985. He dated/persued agressifly women around the same age as that actress.

Last edited:
Well keeping your options open can never hurt. I do know a lot of men who aren't married in their early 30s - but they may be divorced or have children and baby mama situations, there's often a lot you have to wade through when it comes to finding a compatible mate nowadays.

I forgot that mom is 6 years older than my dad. She was 31 and he was 25 when they got married.

See Im a virgin as well, I'm starting to wonder who the heck I'm gonna end up with. I have a gut feeling he is going to be younger.Plus, most men in their early 30z are already married. So who does that leave? The men who are 24-25 up to 29 who are looking to settle down.

I also was on youtube. Another example I stumbled upon was Cristiano Ronando...All his GF were clearly older than him. Meaning early 30s looking women. So i was stunned. I think these younger successful men noticed something. There on to something. Another example, Young actors/singers who have women drooling and chasing them who did they end up with? Older women. Example : Usher ( GF is in her 40s ), the kid fom malcom in the middle( wife 4 years older), One of the Jonas Brothers ( getting married to a girl up to 3 to 4 years older), and the list goes on. Something is up.

heck Cristiano dated Indian Bollywood actress bipasha basu ( born 1979) and he born in 1985. He dated/persued agressifly women around the same age as that actress.

How long have they been together?

Well keeping your options open can never hurt. I do know a lot of men who aren't married in their early 30s - but they may be divorced or have children and baby mama situations, there's often a lot you have to wade through when it comes to finding a compatible mate nowadays.

I forgot that mom is 6 years older than my dad. She was 31 and he was 25 when they got married.

I have not seen too much of this around me but I would not be surprised. Everything seems to be upside down. I am in my late 20's and prefer men my age and up.

A coworker of mine, who is 23, has been pursuing me since we met. His age is a MAJOR factor into why I just can't consider him. To me he is immature, although he is just acting like a typical guy in his early 20's. I don't know, I guess it would depend on the man/situation. Anything is possible, and if I met the right guy his age would be a passing consideration.

I have a lot more to add, I just can't get my thoughts together:ohwell:

A lot of men I've been meeting recently have all been 22-24. I'm 27. They have all been nice but with no life experience(no college degree or just graduated with no real job/career, but with goals). They just don't seem to understand my life and the type of man I'm looking for or have the ability to maintain a relationship (no car, live at home, live in other ppl houses). I've learned from my last 2 relationships I need someone on my level or at least has has had similar life experiences. I'd prefer someone my age but as long as I can grow with someone I'm not too picky about the age.

Now on the other hand all the men I know or have met that are my age or slightly older (26-30) are not interested in settling down. They have good careers, have apt or home, but all they want to do is party every weekend, sleep with many women and live the single life.

So based on this I can understand why some women are dating younger men because more younger men are trying to settle down vs. older men. I don't think I could unless I found a mature young man who has accomplished some things and is working towards bettering himself and who can handle being with an older established woman.

Now on the other hand all the men I know or have met that are my age or slightly older (26-30) are not interested in settling down. They have good careers, have apt or home, but all they want to do is party every weekend, sleep with many women and live the single life.

So based on this I can understand why some women are dating younger men because more younger men are trying to settle down vs. older men. I don't think I could unless I found a mature young man who has accomplished some things and is working towards bettering himself and who can handle being with an older established woman.

Hmm.. do you think this change in mentality in some of the younger men is part of the cycle? Like how upcoming generations tend to reject the behavior of previous generations. I do think a lot of young people have grown up seeing a lot of empty relationships based on sex, divorce, etc. and want that deeper connection.

Welp ladies lets snatch these young bucks up while they're fresh and can be molded :lachen:

Hmm.. do you think this change in mentality in some of the younger men is part of the cycle? Like how upcoming generations tend to reject the behavior of previous generations. I do think a lot of young people have grown up seeing a lot of empty relationships based on sex, divorce, etc. and want that deeper connection.

Welp ladies lets snatch these young bucks up while they're fresh and can be molded :lachen:

I don't know if it's a cycle or just a change in mentality. I think it may be a combination of both. I think younger ppl are tired of seeing all this baby mamma drama and single parent homes. I know many are tired of the emptiness multiple women can bring and want to have a life of love. I hope its things coming full circle because there is nothing positive with the life men are leading now.

If I can find me a good one I'll rock the cradle a little. Definitely if he can rock me good :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Back