Can a Dominican Salon deal with my new growth?!?

Hey, ladies:

I'm thinking about treating myself to something different... maybe getting a rollerset/root blowout. But I'm 6weeks into my relaxer, and surge/MTG have left me with some serious new growth. I am so nervous about someone ripping through the textures, or not being able to do anything with it at all. Plus, my hair is only a couple of inches past my neck, so I wasn't sure if I'd be the usual client anyway. :ohwell:

For those of you who frequent Dominican salons (especially Manuella's in Baltimore), would you consider it a good option for a short-haired chick with lotsa new growth? :lol:

Thanks!

girl I got a blowout with 6 Months worth of new growth so it can def be done! I am not in MD but I know from my experience with dominican salons in NY they work with hair of varying lengths so it shouldn't be a problem.

I think they are terrific with new growth. The only issue I have with most Domininican hair salons is that they are blow dryer happy. I guess the best way to put it is they do not believe in medium settings. Most of the hair stylists, I've dealt with love to see smoke coming out of there dryer and if you tell them to put it on medium, they will tell you, that the best results come from high settings.

Congrats on your new growth! I am happy for you :)

PrettyHaitian said:
I think they are terrific with new growth. The only issue I have with most Domininican hair salons is that they are blow dryer happy. I guess the best way to put it is they do not believe in medium settings. Most of the hair stylists, I've dealt with love to see smoke coming out of there dryer and if you tell them to put it on medium, they will tell you, that the best results come from high settings.

Congrats on your new growth! I am happy for you :)

What she said. Plus, I noticed some breakage in my crown from all the pulling with the brush. From now on, I straighten my hair myself at home with my Maxiglide and FHI flat iron. I even got myself a professional blow dryer (Turbo 1500).

Yea, I am also six months post relaxer and my new growth is something fierce. However, I just brought along some Paul Mitchell Detangler + a shower comb and the rest went smoothly. As you might can tell, I am most concerned about the wash rather than the blowdrying part.

Manuela's got through my 4 months of new growth with no problem. I'm also a short haired lady. It's barely grazing my shoulders right about now. You should be fine.

WOW this board moves fast! Thanks ladies!!! :D

I'm a little scared of all that heat, but I figure it'll be okay as a once-in-a-while treat.

Thanks again!

Back