Calling all my Online Dating Sistas...Please help!

StarScream35

Okay, ladies I need your help. Since I'm back on the dating scene I want to know which sites worked for you and which sites didn't. Also tell me your location. If you don't want to name your state, just say the geographic location or whatever.

Here are my experiences:

EHarmony~~hated it! I've tried this multiple times and I'm amazed at how anal the men are. Answer just one question wrong and it's all over. Plus it's too expensive! I have met some nice guys but nothing came from it.

Christian Mingle~~just doesn't have enough members and not enough black men. I think lots of profiles on here are fake so they can beef up their numbers. The one brother I met on here, I questioned his sexuality. White guys and Asian guys were not responsive.

Match.com~~I'm still experimenting.

CraigsList~~pervert central!!!

Would love to hear your experiences!

Last edited:
Girllll don't look for men on Craigslist are you krazy?! Umm Craigslist killer.

I haven't had luck with anyone them really.

POF- ghettoest men ever.. Couldn't read half the messages that were sent to me

OKCupid-better. But never found anyone I really found attractive. Emailed one guy for like 3 months and he commented on how this was the longest he's ever emailed someone. I had to let him know that's not a good thing. He finally called be but by then I was over it. Took me a week to call him back and the convo was boring

Match- better had 3 or 4 dates but still haven't found what I'm looking for or maybe my heart isn't in it anymore.

Girllll don't look for men on Craigslist are you krazy?! Umm Craigslist killer.

I haven't had luck with anyone them really.

POF- ghettoest men ever.. Couldn't read half the messages that were sent to me

OKCupid-better. But never found anyone I really found attractive. Emailed one guy for like 3 months and he commented on how this was the longest he's ever emailed someone. I had to let him know that's not a good thing. He finally called be but by then I was over it. Took me a week to call him back and the convo was boring

Match- better had 3 or 4 dates but still haven't found what I'm looking for or maybe my heart isn't in it anymore.

I'm done with Craigs List. The sheer number of men who sent pictures of their peens, scared the crap out of me. You are not the first person that said that about POF. I'm like.......what's going on!! That's why I'm scared to try it. I totally forgot about OK Cupid. I tried it too and everything seems like a purple haze over there. I think people are drawn to it by the fact that it's user friendly with fun graphics. I have met men from there but things seem to drop off after emailing and texting. It's so weird!

I met my husband on POF while he was in medical school. He didn't disrespect me by making a bunch of grammatical errors in his initial message either.

Even before, I had met a few really good guys on POF. You're going to get a lot of filler dudes, that just comes with the territory. But you'll meet a quality guy at least a few times a month. It's always better in your first couple of months and after that the number of messages in your inbox decline cause you're not fresh and new anymore.

I've also tried OKCupid. Met one jewish guy on there who was in medical school. Super duper nerdy and not my type. He wanted to use a coupon and jack in the box on our first date. I couldn't do it. Didn't really have too much luck with OKC.

Good luck OP.

pof = hilarious. only went out on one date before i deleted my account. surprisingly a lot of the guys were really attractive. complete morons and or/kangs, but very cute ones.:lol:

okc= i've met two of my boyfriends (both men ''of color'') on okc. i find the men on there less attractive but they are more my type personality wise. lots of young, liberal, educated guys.:yep: i also see a lot of women on here complain about the abundance of white men/lack of black men on okc but i date interracially so it doesn't bother me.

pof = hilarious. only went out on one date before i deleted my account. surprisingly a lot of the guys were really attractive. complete morons and or/kangs, but very cute ones.:lol:

okc= i've met two of my boyfriends (both men ''of color'') on okc. i find the men on there less attractive but they are more my type personality wise. lots of young, liberal, educated guys.:yep: i also see a lot of women on here complain about the abundance of white men/lack of black men on okc but i date interracially so it doesn't bother me.

see thats the educational disparity between both sites. less attractive dudes have to compensate with more education/better earning potential. more attractive men scrape by without it. :yep: :lol:

@Brighteyes35

i looked up "online dating sites" for you

Lovebitten.com (dating for vampires)
Farmersonly.com
tallpersonals.com
theatlasphere.com (for ayn rand fans)
equestriancupid.com :look:
datecraft.com (for world of warcraft fans :look:)
pokerfaces.net (for poker fans! :giggle:)
stdfriends.com :look:
crazyblinddate.com
adultdiapers.com

:look:

:lachen:

also:

lavalife
plentyoffish
singlesnet
datehookup
ashleymadison
chemistry
matchmaker
passionsnetwork
speeddate
spraydate
tastebuds.fm
true.com - Known for running background checks on its users to ensure they are not felons or married. :rofl:
zoosk

adultfriendfinder
perfectmatch
passion.com
getiton
anastasiadate
date.com
christianmingle
blacksingles
sugardaddie
easyflirt
jdate
mate1
seniorpeoplemeet (you might be into that, idk)
mingles
great-expectations
americansingles
interracialsingles
wealthymen.net
datingdirect
cougarwomen
millionairemate
metromate
dreammatches

ok i think thats enough to get you started.

Last edited:
meesch said:
@Brighteyes35

i looked up "online dating sites" for you

Lovebitten.com (dating for vampires)
Farmersonly.com
tallpersonals.com
theatlasphere.com (for ayn rand fans)
equestriancupid.com :look:
datecraft.com (for world of warcraft fans :look:)
pokerfaces.net (for poker fans! :giggle:)
stdfriends.com :look:
crazyblinddate.com
adultdiapers.com

:look:

:lachen:

also:

lavalife
plentyoffish
singlesnet
datehookup
ashleymadison
chemistry
matchmaker
passionsnetwork
speeddate
spraydate
tastebuds.fm
true.com - Known for running background checks on its users to ensure they are not felons or married. :rofl:
zoosk

adultfriendfinder
perfectmatch
passion.com
getiton
anastasiadate
date.com
christianmingle
blacksingles
sugardaddie
easyflirt
jdate
mate1
seniorpeoplemeet (you might be into that, idk)
mingles
great-expectations
americansingles
interracialsingles
wealthymen.net
datingdirect
cougarwomen
millionairemate
metromate
dreammatches

ok i think thats enough to get you started.

Wow.........

Back