Call Him First????

janiebaby

Ok, my friend and I were hanging out the other day and this guy trys to talk to her. She had a slight attitude with him for some strange reason but they exchanged numbers and he asked her to call him even if she just wanted to be friends or something...

So I talk to her today and she asks me if she should call him. I told her no and that if he is interested then he would call her. She thought that maybe her attitude had scared him off and that she was just looking at him funny because the way he came up on her had her defensive.

I kinda think she may have ran him off too, should she call him?​

Ok, my friend and I were hanging out the other day and this guy trys to talk to her. She had a slight attitude with him for some strange reason but they exchanged numbers and he asked her to call him even if she just wanted to be friends or something...​

So I talk to her today and she asks me if she should call him. I told her no and that if he is interested then he would call her. She thought that maybe her attitude had scared him off and that she was just looking at him funny because the way he came up on her had her defensive.​

I kinda think she may have ran him off too, should she call him?​

No! Same thing happened to me recently and I regret making the first call. I think for the most part us women should stick to the age old dating rules. Either that or maybe I am just a bit bitter:look:

They EXCHANGED numbers. She could have opted to not give him her number at all but she did. Therefore he has the option to call her if he wants. I would just let him call and if he doesn't then oh well.

Is your friend even interested in this dude? If not, then I don't see the point in calling him. JMHO.

Yeah, it has been my experience too that if a guy is REALLY interested in you, he will not only ask you for YOUR number (instead of just giving you his), but he will also CALL YOU instead of him asking you to call him. Guys who ask for you to call them in the beginning stages of the relationship are either REALLY afraid of rejection, or (more plausible), are not adverse to you calling them, but at the same time aren't completely smitten with you either. :rolleyes:

I usually wouldn't advise the girl to make the first call, HOWEVER, in this scenario....it looks like your friend may have come across as not that interested in this guy. So, even though he MAY be very interested in your friend, her cool/aloof demeanor gave him the impression that he might be rejected if he were to call her, so therefore to play it safe he simply told her to call him.

Had your friend been really flirty, friendly, and smiling a lot (which it seems from your post she may not have been), and he STILL told her to "call me", then I would have said "don't you dare call that man!" :naughty:

At this point though, it really is a catch-22. I say it depends on your friend and how interested she is in this guy. That's why I asked her at the beginning if she was even interested in him. If yes, then maybe a short brief text, or message is okay. But if she's not really all THAT interested in the first place, I'd say....no way....don't call. :nono:

Is your friend even interested in this dude? If not, then I don't see the point in calling him. JMHO.

Yeah, it has been my experience too that if a guy is REALLY interested in you, he will not only ask you for YOUR number (instead of just giving you his), but he will also CALL YOU instead of him asking you to call him. Guys who ask for you to call them in the beginning stages of the relationship are either REALLY afraid of rejection, or (more plausible), are not adverse to you calling them, but at the same time aren't completely smitten with you either. :rolleyes:

I usually wouldn't advise the girl to make the first call, HOWEVER, in this scenario....it looks like your friend may have come across as not that interested in this guy. So, even though he MAY be very interested in your friend, her cool/aloof demeanor gave him the impression that he might be rejected if he were to call her, so therefore to play it safe he simply told her to call him.

Had your friend been really flirty, friendly, and smiling a lot (which it seems from your post she may not have been), and he STILL told her to "call me", then I would have said "don't you dare call that man!" :naughty:

At this point though, it really is a catch-22. I say it depends on your friend and how interested she is in this guy. That's why I asked her at the beginning if she was even interested in him. If yes, then maybe a short brief text, or message is okay. But if she's not really all THAT interested in the first place, I'd say....no way....don't call. :nono:

Girl, we are >>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<here

I think she was interested but she didn't know how to act. I dunno I was lookin at her strange as well.:spinning: She said she wanted to talk to him and I told her to text him so she did and he called her.....I haven't spoken to her since this morning.

Girl, we are >>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<here

I think she was interested but she didn't know how to act. I dunno I was lookin at her strange as well.:spinning: She said she wanted to talk to him and I told her to text him so she did and he called her.....I haven't spoken to her since this morning.

Oh okay good! :up: It seems like in this case this guy really is pretty interested in your friend. I think he might have just been a little afraid of rejection due to her "cool" nature. If he called her after she texted him, then that's a great sign. :yep:

Back