Buttas, Buttas, Buttas!

Product Pusher! I have the 8oz in my cart and I didn't even give the APB creams a try yet. SMH

The APB creams are moisturizers rather than sealants. The Jakeala Parfait is a thick, whipped, creamy butter. It's delicious! I use it on my ends. You definitely have room in your regimen for both. :yep: NappyNelle

The APB creams are moisturizers rather than sealants. The Jakeala Parfait is a thick, whipped, creamy butter. It's delicious! I use it on my ends. You definitely have room in your regimen for both. :yep: @NappyNelle

It's worth breaking your word!
I received mine in the mail Wednesday and ordered two more jars. It's THAT good.

Everyone keeps posting about the Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait... I told myself NO NEW PRODUCT LINES IN 2015, but I'm very tempted.

*ahem* I bought the parfait. :spinning:

You all are turning me back into a PJ. :assimilat :assimilat :assimilat

That MHC Buttery Soy Creme is just :lick: :drool: :lovedrool:
I had no idea it was so good!!! I'm glad I took the plunge during CM's last sale.

My hair is super soft, supple, and shiny. I did use a tad bit too much because the texture threw me off. I thought it would be super whipped and light like LG Whipped Amla but it's actually thicker despite appearances. I am a bit greasy but that'll be rectified next time I seal with it since I know not to be so heavy handed.
Next up to try will be the Jakaela butters (Amla Shea Parfait, Nappy Butter) then BRB Pumpkin Whip.

:lick:

Teacoco smells a bit Earthy...not bad, but I can't place it.

Amla smells like some floral scent. Not a fan, but will still use.

Marshmallow smells the best. Just like marshmallows. I had this one before so decided to reup.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I just received Type 4 from the CM sale today Froreal3 and IDareT'sHair.

I see why PJaye STANs for it. Keep in mind I need to cleanse, so I only put it on my nape.

It has a minty smell, but I don't see mint in the ingredients.

Can someone tell me if tumeric is minty smelling?

rileypak cosigning re: buttery soy :lick:

:lick:

Teacoco smells a bit Earthy...not bad, but I can't place it.

Amla smells like some floral scent. Not a fan, but will still use.

Marshmallow smells the best. Just like marshmallows. I had this one before so decided to reup.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I agree on the scent of the Whipped Amla Froreal3. It's definitely different.
I like the ingredients so the scent won't dissuade me from using it.

Think I'm going to mosey on over to the LG site and peruse the other creams.................for research :look:

I just received Type 4 from the CM sale today.

I see why STANs for it. Keep in mind I need to cleanse, so I only put it on my nape.

It has a minty smell, but I don't see mint in the ingredients. :lick:

MileHighDiva

Thanks for the review.:yep:

Think I'm going to mosey on over to the LG site and peruse the other creams.................for research :look:

rileypak

You definitely have to 'conduct' research.:brainy:.....:rofl::rofl:

I did several side-by-side comparisons of the Type 4 and Buttery Soy HCs since my BF purchase, and here are my findings:

- Both have a thick, creamy consistency (the Buttery Soy is off-white and has a faint fruity/vanilla-esque aroma, whereas the Type 4 has a yellowish hue with a slight minty smell)

- Both have a somewhat sticky initial application (most likely due to the honey)

- Both take a moment to fully absorb into the hair

- Both provide a high level of moisture and shine

- Both have proven to be highly effective on dry, wet and damp hair

- Both have the ability to "play nicely" with other hair products

However, the Type 4 HC has consistently out-shined and out-performed the Buttery Soy with respect to moisture level, long-lasting moisture and shine. Although both hair cremes afforded me with instantaneous moisture, the side with the Type 4 allowed my hair to maintain its soft, lush, highly moisturized feeling for far longer than the Buttery Soy. After two days, the side with the Buttery Soy had lost much of its moisture and shine, and began to look and feel dull and under-moisturized. OTOH, the side with the Type 4 was soft, shiny and spry for four full days.

Since their arrival, I've experimented with these two hair cremes in every state (wet, dry, damp, straightened) using various methods (as a moisturizer, styler, refresher) and in a multitude of ways (LOC, LCO, LC, etc.). From my experiences, I've concluded that Type 4 HC surpasses its counterpart by a wide margin in all areas. While the Buttery Soy is an excellent hair creme, the Type 4 wins the gold hands down. I was so impressed with its performance that I purchased 4 more jars...as a reward for good behavior.:look:

MileHighDiva: I think it's the Cuscus Grass Extract that's giving it a minty aroma.

^^PJaye have you researched the Type 3 Hair Cream? :look:

Froreal3

Ironically, it's the next in line for experimentation. I'm going to a series of comparisons between all three hair cremes...in the name of science, ya understand. After I've consistently sampled it for a period of time, I will feel more comfortable when I offer an unsolicited opinion.:lol:

MileHighDiva

I got a good thing going over here; don't you go ruining it with common sense and logic.:lol:

PJaye I was suppose to compare the two sometime last year and update IDareT'sHair with my review but you beat me to it! Lol. All I gotta say is thank you! You gave a very thorough review...better than I could cause I wasn't gonna do all that testing. Lol I was also going to compare the Type 3 with the Type 4 cream but I see you're already on it. Lol.

I will say that I was going through some products and came across my Type 4. Upon opening the jar and looking at it, I thought it looks more fluffier or more whipped and more moisturizing than the Buttery Soy. Now that I think about I do remember doing a comparison of the two but don't know if I posted my results.

Back