But My Hair Doesn't "FEEL" Long...

NYLegalNewbie

Okay, admit it...

How many of you have looked in the mirror, seen progress, and still said to yourself, "But my hair doesn't FEEL long."

That's the situation I'm in now. I KNOW my hair is thicker, I KNOW my hair is longer (I retained almost all of my length in the past 3 to 4 months, so YAY!!!). And I am definitely APL, getting to full APL. BUT, my hair still doesn't seem long to me compared to what it was like when I was wearing stupid hair weaves. :nono:

Maybe it's the bun-wearing-winter-blues really setting in with spring a few (merciful) weeks away.

Can anyone else relate?

YES.

I still look in the mirror and see short hair. Im like DAMN! When is this stuff going to hurry up and get long???

im with you. my hair is DEFINITELY growing. and it's DEFINITELY getting thicker. when i stretch it it's past APL, and APL is my first goal... but compared to some of the other girls my hair feels sooo short :wallbash: lol its only been a month and a half :lachen:

Yes, I understand this feeling. My hair has really taken off in the last year or so but its taking FOREVER to reach APL:wallbash:

Others have noticed the growth but it still feels short to me.

Same here, I think it may have to do with not being full APL. As you become fuller APL your hair will be thicker and you will be able to feel the weight of it. My hair feels the same ut in the mirror and pics I see the growth. I also have to dry my roller sets on larger rollers and longer time. Sometimes I try to use my "pinkies" but my hair is a bit too curly and I have to let the hair dry almost an hour longer so that the middle isn't still wet.

Same here..I'm at full shoulder length and it feels like it will take forever to get to APL, but I know I'll make it eventually.

I feel the same way. I think for me is that I envision myself with full BSL, MBL, etc...even though I probably have another year or two to go...so my perception of LONG hair has totally changed.

I think it's really mental....I felt that way b4 APL ...I had to get there and when I got there ....I still felt bold headed...Then BSL and I'll be happy...Now passing BSL and it's still doesn't look like a lot of hair on me:nono:

I just don't Know......

I have this same disease. I look in the mirror and my hair looks short. I know it is long because other people tell me so and I know my actual length. Maybe, I have gotten too obsessed and I look at my hair too much....:perplexed

I don't know whats wrong with me, i feel the EXACT same way, my hair isn't long enough for me, if i get to WL and I am still complaining someone in here better smack me, PLEASE! LOL

I texlaxed my hair yesterday, flatironed today, measured and took pictures, I gained three inches and I am still not impressed. I am striving for BSL so I know that it is not just my imagination that my hair is growing. I suffer from Hair Anorexia bad, that's what brought me to this forum.

Same here, I think it may have to do with not being full APL. As you become fuller APL your hair will be thicker and you will be able to feel the weight of it. My hair feels the same ut in the mirror and pics I see the growth. I also have to dry my roller sets on larger rollers and longer time. Sometimes I try to use my "pinkies" but my hair is a bit too curly and I have to let the hair dry almost an hour longer so that the middle isn't still wet.

Okay this makes sense to me. My hair alternates between thrilling me and pissing me off with it's wishy washiness. One minute so close to apl, the next-ehh, not so much:rolleyes: Well if nothing else, it's a nice and heavy collar bone length. I don't have to stretch anymore for it to extend past my cb. I love/hate my hair right now:spinning:

I don't know whats wrong with me, i feel the EXACT same way, my hair isn't long enough for me, if i get to WL and I am still complaining someone in here better smack me, PLEASE! LOL

Deal- I'll get my pimp hand powdered up for you:giggle:

pimp_hand04.gif

i think even hair feels longer than uneven hair imo. my hair felt long when I was full apl grazing bsl in the back

I feel it when I am out in public and conscious to not do the white girl flip. With each hair toss, I feel like I'm gonna get jumped at 3 o'clock.

:grin:

Have to say if its hair anorexia we're (the guinea pig and I) experiencing it deeply and greatly! I thought I'd be thinking oooh my hair grew when I got to shoulder length but not. I know its growing I just can't see the length:rolleyes: The guinea pig's got the nerve to moan about her full and lush afro when last year she lost her front hair to Dr Miracle oil! Can't wait to get to APL I'm sure I'll be more appreciative then (at least I hope so) seeing that I've never been that length.

I feel the same.

That's why I know it's going to take me forever to get to BSL. I will have reached my goal when it's a full BSL, when I can FEEL it. There's a difference between having a few strands touching the area vs. a fistfull of hair hanging a little bit passed the bra strap even. Now THAT's BSL!

All that said now I'm depressed again...

**Raising Hand**

I recently achieved APL but it didnt feel long. By the time I bump the ends it feels shoulder length. I hope I dont feel that way when I reach BSL...

I feel like my hair is getting shorter for some reason. Sometimes it seems like im really making progress then other times i feel like im just foolin myself. I think that if it was all even it would defenitly look like it was getting longer. I guess im between shoulder and apl. I dont even wanna check my progresss anymore. I think I should wait atleast 4 months before I check it again.

Back