Bunning with my Siggy...

Adaj

Hi Ladies,

I have not tried bunning because I think my hair is too short for it. My problem is, I want this big 'ol bun with no hair to do it with. From my siggy pic, can I accomplish a nice looking bun or should I wait some more? Honesty please, ladies. Another question, do you all think that I can accomplish APL by December 2009? Honesty is the best policy! Thanks ladies.

I posted a similar thread like this. My hair is just a little longer than yours and I bun with my hair and sometimes with phony buns!

I take some leave in conditioner and a scarf with some Mango Butter on my edges, tie it down, and bun it up!

If you can make a pigtail, you can bun.

Maybe there are some techniques out there I don't know them. I am maybe an half inch from APL and to make my bun thick and full I let it air dry and then lay the sides down with mango butter, maybe some aloe vera gel and a scarf. Then i bun my bun up. I have also added fake hair to then pony and buned

Like the other posted said there are lots of phony bun out there. I have not used any but they are out there.

Can you reach APL by 12/09...Well i know the hair grows an average of half inch to three quarter a month. Anything is possible. Maybe others will chime in later

Hi Ladies,

I have not tried bunning because I think my hair is too short for it. My problem is, I want this big 'ol bun with no hair to do it with. From my siggy pic, can I accomplish a nice looking bun or should I wait some more? Honesty please, ladies. Another question, do you all think that I can accomplish APL by December 2009? Honesty is the best policy! Thanks ladies.

I'm new to the forum & this is my first post BTW............hi everybody!:grin:

Well, my hair is pretty short but my "trick" to bunning is to slick my hair back into a ponytail (well more of a pigtail really) using quite a bit of Scurl gel then take some Jumbo hair for braiding and twist it around my ponytail, attaching it with a elasticated hairband. Then i keep twisting the Jumbo hair & wrap it around itself making a bun.
My hair at the moment is texlaxed & it's not that straight - so the Jumbo braid hair when twisted matches my hair quite well.
Although you can use the silky type hair for braiding if your hair is very straight.
I finish off with a scrunchie & that's it!
Hope i explained that so peeps know what i mean.

Last edited:
That is excatly what i do when i want my bun to be really full.:yep:
I'm new to the forum & this is my first post BTW............hi everybody!:grin:

Well, my hair is pretty short but my "trick" to bunning is to slick my hair back into a ponytail (well more of a pigtail really) using quite a bit of Scurl gel then take some Jumbo hair for braiding and twist it around my ponytail, attaching it with a elasticated hairband. Then i keep twisting the Jumbo hair & wrap it around itself making a bun.
My hair at the moment is texlaxed & it's not that straight - so the Jumbo braid hair when twisted matches my hair quite well.
Although you can use the silky type hair for braiding if your hair is very straight.
I finish off with a scrunchie & that's it!
Hope i explained that so peeps know what i mean.

If you can make a pigtail you can bun. Just becareful to not pull it too tight. Use a scarf and some product to lay your edges down.

If you can make a pigtail you can bun. Just becareful to not pull it too tight. Use a scarf and some product to lay your edges down.
When your hair isn't very long, be careful of brushing and otherwise over-manipulating your hairline. I wore peacock twists at shoulder length so I didn't have to pull my hair back too tightly. Just something to look out for.

My hair is slightly longer than yours. I just pull my hair back, twist it around, and use a clip to hold it in place. My goal is to protect my ends, I don't really care that the bun looks anemic. If I keep protecting my ends, eventually I will retain enough length to make a decent bun.

Hi Ladies,

Oh Girl you sound just like me here is a photo of my ideal bun

Attachments

• sarah-chapman-and-chance.jpg
    sarah-chapman-and-chance.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 13
I have bee doing the exact same thing. Waiting until my hair was longer.
Check out my photo album, I made my first bun today playing around with my daughter, I think I need 2 more inches before I can get a pretty one.

Back