Bun Challengers--Any tips?

dreemssold

Hi Bunners /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

I am just wondering if anyone has tips they want to share for making better buns, staying motivated on the bun challenge, etc? I have been giving my myself buns on every angle of my head possible, picking up a bunch of new hair accessories as opposed to my former disease of pj-itis, and giving myself one bun-free day every other week (please don't kick me out the bun club /images/graemlins/look.gif...I just started this!). Anyone else have any helpful tips? TIA /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Hello there dreemsold!

I too am on the daily bun challange and this is how I wear my hair:

Monday: I use the hairgami with the bun in the center
Tuesday: I wear my bun really high in the middle
Wednesday: I wear a part on the left side of my hair and wear my bun on the right side.
Thursday: I do the same thing on Wednesday just reverse it.
Friday: This is my fun bun day, meaning that I use pretty hair pics or fancy barretts around my bun and wear it really low.
Saturday & Sunday: My favorite style of all time when I'm just laying around the house or even out with friends: put a part in the middle and wear two buns (one on each side) in the middle of my head - close to my ears.

Oh I forgot to add that on Sunday's I do the plastic baggie method and put a phony-pony over it for church.

I hope this has helped you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Perhaps you should make it a bun-free day once a week instead of every other week?

You could try other bun or updo styles. It doesn't have to be a single round bun. You can make "3-D" buns with a could of whirl-a-styles. I have a lot of protective styles in my album that you could try to create on your own.

I'm on the challenge and have stayed true for two full months. I have made an investment in hair clips, hair sticks, hair slides and bun covers. The hairboutique.com has some really pretty hair accessories.

I do the baggie method at night and wear a bun in the morning. Sometimes I wear the jaw clips with my hair twisted up and the ends tucked under.

I suggest changing up as much as possible. I even wear a phony bun sometimes, which my husband finds hilarious. I wear the phony bun over my baggie when I'm pinched for time in the morning.

I take my hair out when I know I'm in for the night.

Dreams, you can do it!

I'm adding this to my favorites. This is such a great topic and I can't wait to see what others post.

Wow, Cinnabuns, Boadicea...you two have plenty of styles /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Thanks! Thank you, simplycee /images/graemlins/kiss.gif for that link--it's great. I should add I am not yet discouraged enough to stop, lol...I just thought I'd make a post for tips. I HAVE been that discouraged, but honestly, my attitudes are back and forth--I find a new bun style, I'm super-enthusiatic...I have an ugly bun day, I'm sick of the challenge, lol, so it all evens out to keep me in it. Thanks again ladies, and please keep posting any tips. TIA /images/graemlins/smile.gif!

ITA w/you dreemssold!

I also get tired of the bun. This is a great thread, and has given me ideas too. I'm actually thinking of getting a phony-pony to put over my bun that might be more exciting and less "librarian-like" /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

So you ladies redo your buns everyday? I put my hair in a bun and just sleep with a satin scarf and wash and redo every 3 days. I thought we were not supposed to manipulate the hair everday hand hide our ends. I thought this was how you do the bun challenge but I could be wrong.

Back