BSL 2013 Challenge

Took the twists down, separated them and put them in 6 braids. These will be hidden under my bonnet for the rest of the week.

OMG I have missed so much!! How are you soon to be BSL'ers??!!!! Man, I've been lurking and not posting because this new thing called "love" aka "all night cakin'" because he lives out of state is time consuming!! :lachen: Anywho, moving on to more important things like hair--y'all are on the grind for BSL, I don't see any of us having ONE problem making it. Yeah, this group right here goes hard. :yep:

So I'm still BSL "grazing" going to need at least 2 inches and want to make it by May. It would be great to make it by my 3 year healthy hair journey, but as long as I can claim it and possibly MBL by year end, I'm good.

I am loving the sock buns! I have been doing mine periodically throughout the month and I covered it with a trouser sock because it was softer than cotton. Either way I haven't had any problems with my ends or any breakage. The boyfriend loved it this weekend! So I took the bun down and let the ponytail hang the next day and he said, "I am so glad that's your ponytail." I'm like huh, what do you mean? He said I can truly appreciate a woman with her own long hair. So you know I'm pumped right??!!!! Like you know I'm thinking, "BSL ain't got NUTHIN on ME!!" in my Denzel voice. :lachen:

You know I got this journey with y'alls help, waist length 2014 or bust!!

Love y'all!

Last edited:
Here's my starting pic. I need a good 5 inches of growth, but I'm determined to do it!

20130130_215942001-vi.jpg

Attachments

• 20130130_215942-001.jpg
    20130130_215942-001.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20130130_210549-002.jpg
    20130130_210549-002.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I've been walking around in Celie braids for the past week, finally did something to my hair because I'm going on a 4 day wkend tomorrow. I think I'm going to get extension when I get back home, I don't feel like dealing with my hair. Don't know why I'm feel so Blah...

OMG I have missed so much!! How are you soon to be BSL'ers??!!!! Man, I've been lurking and not posting because this new thing called "love" aka "all night cakin'" because he lives out of state is time consuming!! :lachen: Anywho, moving on to more important things like hair--y'all are on the grind for BSL, I don't see any of us having ONE problem making it. Yeah, this group right here goes hard. :yep:

So I'm still BSL "grazing" going to need at least 2 inches and want to make it by May. It would be great to make it by my 3 year healthy hair journey, but as long as I can claim it and possibly MBL by year end, I'm good.

I am loving the sock buns! I have been doing mine periodically throughout the month and I covered it with a trouser sock because it was softer than cotton. Either way I haven't had any problems with my ends or any breakage. The boyfriend loved it this weekend! So I took the bun down and let the ponytail hang the next day and he said, "I am so glad that's your ponytail." I'm like huh, what do you mean? He said I can truly appreciate a woman with her own long hair. So you know I'm pumped right??!!!! Like you know I'm thinking, "BSL ain't got NUTHIN on ME!!" in my Denzel voice. :lachen:

You know I got this journey with y'alls help, waist length 2014 or bust!!

Love y'all!

That's so sweet. My boyfriend makes remarks like that too. You would think men don't care for stuff like that but they do. Mine tells me he likes my lion mane (after a blow out) or how long and full my hair is. It's really sweet. :yep:

hair feels nice and well conditioned. i had a couple of broken hairs during the detangling. i use a comb more so than my fingers. that's why i use my fingers to avoid breakage. but it wasn't bad and nothing a normal person wouldn't experience. i haven't been to magical breakage no land yet, but i haven't been experiencing much of any breakage between washings.

as far as this bun challenge, are we wearing nothing but buns? because i will need a couple of passes this coming month.

Here's my starting pic. I need a good 5 inches of growth, but I'm determined to do it!

20130130_215942001-vi.jpg

Your pic isn't showing shesheshe22

hair feels nice and well conditioned. i had a couple of broken hairs during the detangling. i use a comb more so than my fingers. that's why i use my fingers to avoid breakage. but it wasn't bad and nothing a normal person wouldn't experience. i haven't been to magical breakage no land yet, but i haven't been experiencing much of any breakage between washings.

as far as this bun challenge, are we wearing nothing but buns? because i will need a couple of passes this coming month.

shortdub78 I was thinking that anyone that wants to participate has to wear buns at least 3 times a week. I know a lot of ladies wearing their hair out and such. Wouldn't want to hinder their hair fun with a mini challenge.

itsjusthair88; Okay said:
This makes me a little sad. I remember a period when I didn't feel "fly". I felt like all my hairstyles looked homemade and I felt some kind of way when my friends came from the salon "fried, dyed, and laid to the side". It lasted for months, and I quit coming to LHCF as much too. BUT I think that it's good that you shared your feelings. It makes people that are going through it with you know that they aren't alone. We are here for you now, and will be when you get back:grouphug:

itsjusthair88
how are you going to quit on us! i understand if you need a break and don't want to focus too much on hair, but you are not quitting! this is a year long challenge, and it's only the beginning! so take a break, but you are not quitting! and you can complain all you want! this is a challenge and we are all going through it in some way shape or form! we are here for you! you have been here for other people, so allow us to give back some hair love to you!

come back to us when you are ready! HUGS!

NikkiQ and bun challengers, does it have to be a sock bun...I'm down if it just has to be some kind of bun, and can we get a pass for like a day, Feb is the month of love...and it's my anniversary month (they are the same day) I want to wear a cute curly style

newnyer we were on it to, followed the guidelines to a T... Small meal an hour before, modified our diets, and remember to drink your shakes after your done... Truth my bf HULKED up lol, to the point his arms weren't fitting into his work shirts anymore and people nicknamed him superman at his job lol..I took a lot more breaks doing it but i was consistent for about a month and a half, then I got a touch up and said to h.ell with it lol

growbaby aww feel better:ohwell:

shesheshe22 keep up your hard work, I can see you making it before the years end :yep:

buddhas_mom omg that looks beautiful...how long did it take!

itsjusthair88 :sad:I think we all feel like that sometimes, but the year has just begun, I almost always drop in and out of challenges, just take a break from us, we still love you :yep: if spring time comes and you still feel the same way then drop us, but with the warmer weather and longer days you might want to get back into the swing of things with your hair care...either way do what makes you happy and I hope you reach your goals

Last edited:
Ladies I have had a great tragedy :cry2: I took my braids out and in the process of attempting to get out a knot with scissors I cut off a chunk of hair :whyme:

Attachments

• tragedy 2013.jpg
    tragedy 2013.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26
@NikkiQ and bun challengers, does it have to be a sock bun...I'm down if it just has to be some kind of bun, and can we get a pass for like a day, Feb is the month of love...and it's my anniversary month (they are the same day) I want to wear a cute curly style

Well it originally started out as a sock bun challenge, but I think any bun would be fine. What do you ladies think??

And you don't need a pass. I suggested that we only have to wear the bun at least 3 times a week. Leaves you 4 days to wear your hair however you want :yep:

Ladies I have had a great tragedy :cry2: I took my braids out and in the process of attempting to get out a knot with scissors I cut off a chunk of hair :whyme:

Oh noooooooo!!!!! Where did you cut this piece from?? :bighug:

longhairdreaming =\ oh no, I'm glad it's in a spot that can be covered but that sucks

NikkiQ ok I'm down, just let us know when it starts:grin:

Off topic but does anyone have twitter? I just got it and I can't figure it out :nono: I've been on since sun and have 1 follower, I had 2 but I got un followed, I guess I'm boring, Facebook and Instagram were simple, twitter I'm like having a mental block with...how do I find friends/followers

Last edited:
Back