BSL 2013 Challenge

Cut my hair this morning...that is all. Probably going to have to drop out of the challenge and join the APL challenge...-_-

Oh Lawd :-O! Why did you cut? What is the length now? Were you bored, experimenting, mad at the time...what??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Alright guys... I colored my hair last night. For anybody that missed it, I bought some Beyond The Zone semi-permanent color.

This is my clean, product-free, dry hair :blush::

washed-dryhair.jpg

I put the color on my dry hair and left it on overnight. Here are the results:

result1.jpg

result2.jpg

Beyond The Zone got mostly bad reviews online, but it seems like it worked very well for me. The final test will be to see how quickly it fades. Manic Panic lasts for months in my hair. If this does the same, I'll be switching to this since it's cheaper.

Ok here's a pic with my length check shirt. My layers are growing out. I think that BSL (top of bra strap) is 6.5 and MBL is 8.5.

So when I checked on 2/15 (left pic), I said BSL was 6.5. Yesterday I got some curls in my hair so I pulled a piece down and it looks close. Once the curls fall, I will take a bra pic and let y'all know for sure!

image-193143519.jpg

^^^^^^
How much did you cut? Are you happy with the results?

@GettingKinky Nope, but at this point, it's whatever...I have no idea how much I cut, I just cut where I saw ugly ends

Girl, why?

Umm...because I needed a trim....I guess?

what in the world did you do??!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

@NikkiQ I cut it, I hated it and I cut it, I don't feel good, or bad, just whatever...the ends were absolutely gross this morning, so I cut it. I have to drop out, there is no way I'm going to make BSL now.

BraunSugar That is a really pretty colour!

Did a Marathon DC (13hrs) with Silk Elements cholesterol, ors replenishing, and Aphogee 2 min) rinsed and washed with Wen

Hey ladies! Just took another sew in out. I'm going to trim about 1/2 inch off tomorrow and get another sew in Wednesday for another 8 weeks. I'm getting really close to BSL and super excited!

Sorry if pic side ways. I'm on my phone.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130311_000920.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130311_000920.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Your hair grows so fast. Is that the MN or do you just grow fast naturally?

Well I've never been this long in adulthood.

I wasn't really seeing any consistent growth until I started using MN last March, but at the same time I started taking better care of my hair and working on finding a regimen. Before, I think I had a normal growth rate and little to no retention!

Right now I'm doing a lot for growth and I can't even isolate what's the standout.
MN mixed with jojoba, grapeseed and EOs every other day
Liquid gold hair oil (sulfur) on off days

I started upping my water Intake in 2013 tremendously. Sometimes I would go a day without any! My diet has been much better so far this year as well!

Been somewhat consistent with my vitamins since I joined the challenge
I'm currently taking viviscal mostly 1x/day, sometimes to two (going to switch to marine collagen).
Calcium/vitamin D (I was deficient)
Fish oils
Multivitamin
Just started maca root (idk if it helps with hair growth at all)

A little long winded, but the answer is my hair is growing at a faster rate than normal but I can't pinpoint a specific reason.

So when I checked on 2/15 (left pic), I said BSL was 6.5. Yesterday I got some curls in my hair so I pulled a piece down and it looks close. Once the curls fall, I will take a bra pic and let y'all know for sure!

View attachment 198927

I think you might be there already!! :yep: I def gonna be more deligient(sp) in applying my MN and taking my vitamins.

Wanted to share my puff bun excuse the I think im cute stare down lol

BEAUTIFUL
polished07

I didn't relax this weekend...Maybe I will hold out a few weeks and be fresh for Easter...
My hair has SIGNIFICANT new growth. Bunning and tying down with a scarf has saved my life.
I DC'd with the New ORS masque and it feels heavenly....I can make it two more weeks!

My hair obsession is slowly driving me crazy, and getting the iPhone app has only made it worse. (I'm currently posting while waiting in line at Home Depot.) I've decided to build a garden box and grow vegetables to take my mind off my hair. I don't have a green thumb at all, but this will give me something new to obsess over. :-)

Yessss!!! I am completely obsessed. I'm glad that I discovered curlformers, cause now I've been pinning my hair up and leaving it alone. I'm so obsessed that it's to the point where I think I'm balding on my right side. I'm trying to enjoy my hair and have fun with it but its soooo hard when I'm soooo concerned about gaining length. I don't know how those WL ladies do it.

I thought I would be able to hold out 2wks with this straighten hair but my scalp is starting to itch too bad. I'm getting a protective style this Saturday to last me a month so I guess I'll cowash at least 2x this week to get some good moisture in.

I put amla & brahmi oil on my scalp and hair this morning and put it in a bun. I plan to cowash and dc tonight.

All this lovely hair Lord!! :drool: :notworthy: :thud: :love2:

*Question of the Day!!!* haven't done one of these in a while :giggle:

Is the reggie you started the year with the same one you're using now? Have you made any changes? If so, what were they? If not, is there anything you've been contemplating on changing/adding?

Is the reggie you started the year with the same one you're using now? Have you made any changes? If so, what were they? If not, is there anything you've been contemplating on changing/adding?

I'm pretty much on the same reggie...I didn't imagine that I would be bunning this much. But I must protect my hair at all costs!

MY reggie is basically the same, Ive made only 1 change.

I tending to wash every 2 weeks instead of every week, right now its because of work load, but my hair and seem to be doing well.

also incorporating more ayurvedic powders into my reggie (but Id planned to do that anyway)

I tried washing with just aritha powder on saturday and it was awesome :yep:

I have changed mine a little. It seems like my hair sheds alot when I M&S with the LOC method!!:nono: So now I just use conditioner and oil - no liquid.:nono:

Well I've never been this long in adulthood.

I wasn't really seeing any consistent growth until I started using MN last March, but at the same time I started taking better care of my hair and working on finding a regimen. Before, I think I had a normal growth rate and little to no retention!

Right now I'm doing a lot for growth and I can't even isolate what's the standout.
MN mixed with jojoba, grapeseed and EOs every other day
Liquid gold hair oil (sulfur) on off days

I started upping my water Intake in 2013 tremendously. Sometimes I would go a day without any! My diet has been much better so far this year as well!

Been somewhat consistent with my vitamins since I joined the challenge
I'm currently taking viviscal mostly 1x/day, sometimes to two (going to switch to marine collagen).
Calcium/vitamin D (I was deficient)
Fish oils
Multivitamin
Just started maca root (idk if it helps with hair growth at all)

A little long winded, but the answer is my hair is growing at a faster rate than normal but I can't pinpoint a specific reason.

jprayze what form of maca root do you take? I purchase the capsules and the powder over the weekend to help balance my dangerous PMS hormones. Girl I cannot stomach that powder! I've taken it with tea, yogurt (had to throw it out) and I even tried to chase the powder alone but vomited for 10 minutes straight. I'm back to taking the capsules but I have this bag of powder I spent my money on. The taste is so strong that it completely takes over the flavor of whatever you put it in. Do you have any suggestions??!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My basic regimen is the same but for about 2 weeks now I have been oiling my scalp with castor oil. In the past, when I had processed hair, my hair got noticeably thicker and heavier with consistent castor oil application :lick: Every touch up day was a nice surprise :yep:

I also moisturise more now. Before 1x a day at night was fine. Now most days I moisturise 2x a day. I think I retained quite a bit since October 2012 when I BCed so I need more moisture than I did then. I've cut down even more on manipulation as well.

I started taking flaxseed oil capsules and I still need to get my HSN vits. Thinking of taking some hair vitamins for the rest of the year. I am hoping to be at bottom of bra strap by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Finger detangling changed my routine. I haven't even trimmed my ends once this year because I would need to comb my hair to do a trim. Also I style my hair less, and the styles are boring because I am only using my fingers.

I added henna to the herbs I use, so I am having to revamp my products. Thinking I may not need as much protein with henna. Hoping I get this henna right I heard some people see retention with it while others get breakage.

Back