BSL 2013 Challenge

Hopeflly tomorrow I will feel better so I can wash my freakin hair. My scalp is starting to itch like crazy. Its time...

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I finally got around to making a sulphur mix. I'm only going to use it on my hairline. I'm hoping it will help my hair to start filling in. Other than that, I haven't done anything special to my hair, keeping it moisturized and in a braided bun...

Today I put my nearly week old hair into miss Celie braids. I probably have about 20 braids all over my head.

I'll try to keep them in for another week.

Next week I'm gonna attempt to cornrow my hair myself and hopefully I'll do them well enough to be able to wear them out of the house.

Arghhh! I just washed my hair and my stylist got my last texlax waaay to straight. Now I have ~1-2 inches of almost straight roots, 5-6 inches of very lightly texlaxed hair and the rest bonelaxed.

Next shampoo I'm going to try a protein conditioner to see if the roots will curl up. Otherwise I'm not sure what to do. There's no way I want to try and do a corrective on the middle portion, but these straight roots just don't go with the rest of my hair.

Grrrrrrr. :-( :-( :-(

GettingKinky. I feel your pain. I loved being texlaxed but I went natural bc of the inconsistency of my texture. Such a pain. Whenever I almost grew out the straight hair, it would happen again. I never tried a protein treatment though. I hope it works out.

I'd like to find out. Let me know.

Thanks isawstars. I think the protein treatment is just wishful thinking, but I'm going to try it this weekend anyway. I really don't like this straight part. Now I'm just hoping that when its further down the strand it won't look so bad. That's probably wishful thinking too. ::sad:

Feeling a little better today. I can actually breathe out of my nose again AND I don't sound like a man anymore! :woot: Hair washing will happen today dammit. I can't take this anymore!

Today I put my nearly week old hair into miss Celie braids. I probably have about 20 braids all over my head.

I'll try to keep them in for another week.

Next week I'm gonna attempt to cornrow my hair myself and hopefully I'll do them well enough to be able to wear them out of the house.

I've been on this board for 2 years and just now learned the correct pronunciation of the term (Celie). I always called them ce(short e)lie braids. But this post here helped me understand exactly where the term comes from because ImanAdero added Miss before it...Miss Celie Braids. You really do learn something new everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Arghhh! I just washed my hair and my stylist got my last texlax waaay to straight. Now I have ~1-2 inches of almost straight roots, 5-6 inches of very lightly texlaxed hair and the rest bonelaxed.

Next shampoo I'm going to try a protein conditioner to see if the roots will curl up. Otherwise I'm not sure what to do. There's no way I want to try and do a corrective on the middle portion, but these straight roots just don't go with the rest of my hair.

That used to happen to me when I used to get my hair done at the salon. I learned a couple of things in order for me to texlax my hair the way I wanted. 1. I had to learn to texlax myself or switch to a hair dresser that understood what I meant. My hair dresser just was not understanding the whole concept of texlax. 2. I had to learn my hair type/texture & porosity. This was huge for me. My hair type/texture and porosity is crazie. My hair is all different types of texture & porosity. By me self-relaxing and doing the half and half method, I was able to texturized my hair according to the need. For example, my hair in the front is mainly in the 3's fine/coarse texture, so I know that I don't need to leave the texturizer on to long. The back of my hair is mainly 3c's & 4's. Fine on the sides but very coarse in the middle. 3. I had to switch relaxers. I used to use Mizani BB but it was just too strong for my hair and scalp. I kept getting burned & scabs and it made my hair too straight.

When my hair dresser got my hair too straight, protein did help alittle. I used Joico Reconstructor shampoo and followed up with Joico reconstructor conditioner. It was still too straight, but not as straight as when she relaxed it.

SO and I are going to try to get our photos taken again this weekend. He has one request--wear your real hair.:grin: No problem with that really, but I'm trying to limit my direct heat usage and that's the first style I gravitate to...flat iron my hair!:nono:

Right now, I'm wearing a twist out and turned out nicely except I put rollers on the end and it's a bit curlier than I really intended. Not sure if I want to wear this style for the pics. Maybe I will get a roller set. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Thanks isawstars. I think the protein treatment is just wishful thinking, but I'm going to try it this weekend anyway. I really don't like this straight part. Now I'm just hoping that when its further down the strand it won't look so bad. That's probably wishful thinking too. ::sad:

GettingKinky

Are you going to use a hardcore protein? like one that needs to dry hard then wash out? I think that's what I would do. Or maybe use two eggs and put it on your roots... let it dry?

good luck!

Happy 1 year restart to my healthy hair journey to me!!!! =)
Yesterday I PrePoos with my usual oils and honey, washed, conditioned, deep conditioned with Lekair cholesterol plus, a clear rinse and honey, added my leave-ins and sealed, roller set and sat under the dryer, flat ironed my roots and wrapped for bed. (Dang that was a lot just to type lol) I'm loving my natural hair! Almost 29 weeks post and my roots are damn near straight!

image-3454595109.jpg

After I took my rollers out, flat ironed for bed and took down my wrap in the AM... The last pic is my comparison pic from March last year to March this year... Woohoo

Attachments

• image-1059589644.jpg
    image-1059589644.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image-1232074650.jpg
    image-1232074650.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image-2066615838.jpg
    image-2066615838.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image-3346409632.jpg
    image-3346409632.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image-541211091.jpg
    image-541211091.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 59
I was going through my email & I found all these pics of my hair when it was natural. I'm starting to miss it:sad: Especially when I found a pic when my hair was blow dried. Maybe going natural might be in my future again:weird:

A couple of them is when it was straighten and then the curly ones are with hair gel.

Attachments

• NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE 2.JPG
    NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE 2.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 29
  • NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE BLOW DRY.JPG
    NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE BLOW DRY.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 27
  • NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE PONY TAIL.JPG
    NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE PONY TAIL.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
  • NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE 2 STRAIGHT.JPG
    NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE 2 STRAIGHT.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 22
  • NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE 1 STRAIGHT.JPG
    NATURAL HAIR TEXTURE 1 STRAIGHT.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 24
Happy 1 year restart to my healthy hair journey to me!!!! =)
Yesterday I PrePoos with my usual oils and honey, washed, conditioned, deep conditioned with Lekair cholesterol plus, a clear rinse and honey, added my leave-ins and sealed, roller set and sat under the dryer, flat ironed my roots and wrapped for bed. (Dang that was a lot just to type lol) I'm loving my natural hair! Almost 29 weeks post and my roots are damn near straight!

View attachment 198473

After I took my rollers out, flat ironed for bed and took down my wrap in the AM... The last pic is my comparison pic from March last year to March this year... Woohoo

I def see sum growth:yep: Your roots are very straight to be 29 wks. I think when I straighten my hair I will roller set(using curlformers) & then flat iron too. Good Job:drunk:

I hate when that happens. Is it even possible to get consistent results without doing the half/half method and going to a stylist? If you're doing your entire head in one step, I think it's virtually impossible to not have consistent results. If someone knows how to do it, please share so I can share the info with my stylist.

My stylist relaxed my hair back in January and although I'm not looking to be texlaxed, I do like some texture in my strands. She did a really good job with my instructions and leaving my front hairline area texlaxed. BUT, my nape is bone straight. My ponytail looks bad back there because its flat and the rest is thick...not a good look. She even did the mid relaxer protein step and my straight hair didn't revert at all, so it's worth a try but I wouldn't bet in it.

I want to be slightly texlaxed but not completely but I know the only way to get consistent results is to start SR and do the half/half method. I don't know why, but I'm terrified of self-relaxing.

Washed and dc done now back to my trusty wig...taking these braids out next week that will be a month of gheing and wigging

pelohello thanks! Which curl formers do you use, I got the extra thick ones and my hair is to long,it came right out of the end so I can't use them =\

I got a 1 inch trim yesterday because I was at the salon and after she took blew out my hair, the ends looked horrible. So my deadline is extended to Nov :) will post pics soon

Hair has been washed and DCing right now. That water felt like HEAVEN!!! *sigh* One happy camper right now :yep:

I've been letting my hair go so today I'm going to deep condition while I clean. and I'm going to mix up some kimmaytube leave in conditioner because it work so well when I first big chopped

Sent from somewhere over the rainbow

GettingKinky

Are you going to use a hardcore protein? like one that needs to dry hard then wash out? I think that's what I would do. Or maybe use two eggs and put it on your roots... let it dry?

good luck!

I was going to use Mizani Renew Fortifying shampoo and masque, but maybe I need to find something stronger. This one you just leave on for 5-10 minutes and then rinse out.

That used to happen to me when I used to get my hair done at the salon. I learned a couple of things in order for me to texlax my hair the way I wanted. 1. I had to learn to texlax myself or switch to a hair dresser that understood what I meant. My hair dresser just was not understanding the whole concept of texlax. 2. I had to learn my hair type/texture & porosity. This was huge for me. My hair type/texture and porosity is crazie. My hair is all different types of texture & porosity. By me self-relaxing and doing the half and half method, I was able to texturized my hair according to the need. For example, my hair in the front is mainly in the 3's fine/coarse texture, so I know that I don't need to leave the texturizer on to long. The back of my hair is mainly 3c's & 4's. Fine on the sides but very coarse in the middle. 3. I had to switch relaxers. I used to use Mizani BB but it was just too strong for my hair and scalp. I kept getting burned & scabs and it made my hair too straight.

When my hair dresser got my hair too straight, protein did help alittle. I used Joico Reconstructor shampoo and followed up with Joico reconstructor conditioner. It was still too straight, but not as straight as when she relaxed it.

My stylist has done a really good job for the past year ~6 touchups. She puts it in in under 10 minutes and then rinses it out at 10-11 minutes. This time I think she smoothed it a little. My hair must straighten very easily. I can't believe she used to leave it on for 20+ minutes since I can have very straight hair in 10. I wonder if she used a different strength this time, my head started burning very early (I haven't burned since I started texlaxing), but I thought it was because I worked out that morning. I think I stopped paying attention since she's been doing so well. I'm going to have to be more vigilant going forward since I don't want to try and do it myself.

BTW your natural hair looks great! Did you start texlaxing because it made your hair easier to manage?

I hate when that happens. Is it even possible to get consistent results without doing the half/half method and going to a stylist? If you're doing your entire head in one step, I think it's virtually impossible to not have consistent results. If someone knows how to do it, please share so I can share the info with my stylist.

My stylist relaxed my hair back in January and although I'm not looking to be texlaxed, I do like some texture in my strands. She did a really good job with my instructions and leaving my front hairline area texlaxed. BUT, my nape is bone straight. My ponytail looks bad back there because its flat and the rest is thick...not a good look. She even did the mid relaxer protein step and my straight hair didn't revert at all, so it's worth a try but I wouldn't bet in it.

I want to be slightly texlaxed but not completely but I know the only way to get consistent results is to start SR and do the half/half method. I don't know why, but I'm terrified of self-relaxing.

What's SR?

I'm not holding out hope for the protein, but I have to try. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it. For now it makes good ponytails sleek roots and a thick pony.

So... I have been on a no product buying trip (at least TRYING not to buy anything new)...

But Ebates is having double cash back (8%) on Vitacost... I have been wanting to try Aubrey Organics, which they have... But I feel like I need to use up the other 4 conditioners sitting in my shower before I even THINK of buying a new one.

Oh Product Junkie-ism... I thought I was through with you!

pelohello thanks! Which curl formers do you use, I got the extra thick ones and my hair is to long,it came right out of the end so I can't use them =\

I have the extra long & extra wide styling kit. I did buy the long & wide & they were too short for the back of my hair but great for the front.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

My stylist has done a really good job for the past year ~6 touchups. She puts it in in under 10 minutes and then rinses it out at 10-11 minutes. This time I think she smoothed it a little. My hair must straighten very easily. I can't believe she used to leave it on for 20+ minutes since I can have very straight hair in 10. I wonder if she used a different strength this time, my head started burning very early (I haven't burned since I started texlaxing), but I thought it was because I worked out that morning. I think I stopped paying attention since she's been doing so well. I'm going to have to be more vigilant going forward since I don't want to try and do it myself.

BTW your natural hair looks great! Did you start texlaxing because it made your hair easier to manage?

Thaxs! Those pics r from 2005 & my then hair dresser told me texturizing would make it easier to do my hair & it wasn't a perm but a natural approach to soften my texture. Even though she lied about it being natural, texturizing does make it easier to do my hair.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Put my hair in 4 big ol' fat Celies after detangling and washing out the DC. I used the Bioinfusion balm I bought from Walgreens this past Sunday along with Lustrasilk cholesterol. Made detangling fairly easy.

Forgive the back fat and the too small bra (working on those both), but would like to know if this could be considered BSL or is my bra too high up for that? Also where would MBL be exactly as that is one milestone that I can never seem to understand as wouldn't it be determined by your bra band thickness?

rAyAwNU.jpg

My hair has been a mess as of late due to a box dye job gone bad. I can blame henna on that. As it is, I'm once bitten twice shy of color at the moment so I'm just covering my awefully vibrant edges with headbands as I wait for the color to grow out. I even picked up henna again in hopes of it darkening the color some. The upside is that I'll be able to track my new growth for once.

Fhrizzball your bra doesn't look too high at all! Looks like someone is BSL!!! What say you ladies?? Our first graduate??!

Back