BSL 2013 Challenge

@glamazon386, :birthday2!! I luv that hair style. You could even wear the curly part straight too.

@mami2010, I can't wait to see how your curls came out! Your daughter's hair is beautiful!:yep:

@blairxo, your hair looks so nice and full!:drunk:

@SunySydeofLyfe, your curls look so soft & boucey:lick:, what products did you use?

@NikkiQ, that's awesome that you decided to further your education! Good Luck!

Morning Ladies!!!!

My hair is still holding up. However, I did redo part of the front of my hair to get more practice and b/c I made the mistake of putting in the curlformers before my concert on Sat and they didnt have enough time to form on dry hair, so they looked alittle flat. But today they are perfect!

OT, the concert was AWESOME!! I went to see Erika(sp) Badu. She performed all her songs on her 1st album and some from "Mama's Gun". The venue was packed and I was in hair heaven:drunk:. There were soooo many nautrals. I saw fros, dreads, curls etc...

Happy Growing Ladies!!!

Attachments

• ericka.JPG
    ericka.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
:wavey:
hey yall....babying my hair after these braids.....I'm scared for this length check update....I do see some progress in my problem spots. I really need to relax, but I want to give my hair some more tlc....

Indeed. I remember trying to set and the curls being crunchy. I never have a bad set with this.

Suny

The crazy part is I apply my leave-in, Paul Mitchell super skinny serum and a generous amount of foam wrap and my hair has NEVER been weighed down.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair feels absolutely wonderful this morning. It's cool to the touch in very moisturized. I think I'm ready to start back doing the ghe every night. My hair had a lot of progress within this last stretch so I want to try the baggy method for this next stretch as well.

I had an amazing hair day yesterday. On a 1.5 week old flat iron I dusted my ends, washed with my wen, did a 2 min aphogee reconstructor, DC w/ Ors replenishing for 3hrs (1st 20 mins with heat). Then put in my cant Shea butter leave-in and did 4 Bantu knots. My hair wasn't completely dry this am but I covered my palms in grapeseed oil then took them down, separated, and fluffed :) my hair is now lightly waved and softer than a babies bottom :yep: lol

image-3666172782.jpg

Last edited:
I had an amazing hair day yesterday. On a 1.5 week old flat iron I dusted my ends, washed with my wen, did a 2 min aphogee reconstructor, DC w/ Ors replenishing for 3hrs (1st 20 mins with heat). Then put in my cant Shea butter leave-in and did 4 Bantu knots. My hair wasn't completely dry this am but I covered my palms in grapeseed oil then took them down, separated, and fluffed :) my hair is now lightly waved and softer than a babies bottom :yep: lol

View attachment 198029

Nice job!!!! Looks soft too!

Stepping up my game with castor oil to the scalp. That thickens my hair. It also filled in my edges so will add it to this challenge regimen. Still just keeping my hair super moist and protected in an updo.

I can't flat twist, it's frustrating as h*ll because I can twist very well, but my flat twists suck an I know they say "practice" makes perfect, but I hate the manipulation of practicing over and over again. Anyway, I put a new protective style in, but I feel tension (the style has 2 ponytails in the back) and I'm terrified of breakage, so I might take it out.

Besides that, just chilling, gonna put in some more twists and give my hair a good 3-week break from me, I also want to use my sulphur mix and GHE to get a little boost before this length check (which is sure to be disappointing)

Sent from my Apple tracking device...I mean "iPhone"

I think it is just not meant for me to wash my hair anytime soon. I'm now coming down with a cold or something. I feel like absolute crap right now. Blah!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I think it is just not meant for me to wash my hair anytime soon. I'm now coming down with a cold or something. I feel like absolute crap right now. Blah!

Sent from my Android...Boom.[/QUOTE

Feel better!!!! You're starting classes!!! Don't worry about washing hair right now!

My hair was feeling dry and sort of heavy (like it had products in it but not the right ones) so I tried M&Sing. That really didn't help so I just washed x2 with Wen 613 and taaadaaaa! I'm in love with my hurr again. I don't no why I stopped using it but its back in my life now for good. Plus dh saw an absolutely wonderful deal on qvc the other night and I'm expecting a new bottle very soon. I also got a 32oz of the fig cleanser and fig styling cream!!! I'm so excited. I also used wen 613 as my leave in before I made a little damp bun.

Starting my first nite of the greenhouse effect...again lol. I'm going to try to incorporate this method for the next 3 to 4 months. I will try to do this nightly or at least four times a week. Wish me luck!!

Make tea using lemon and honey (drink it x3 a day) , get some rest and feel better:)

Make tea using lemon and honey (drink it x3 a day) , get some rest and feel better:)

NikkiQ *cough* don't forget to add a shot of whiskey or rum. ;) hope you feel better, too!

On another note I'm sitting here appalled & disgusted right now. Me being the cheap chick I am, I decide to wait last minute to buy my favorite weave, hoping that w/ my luck it would go on sale. WELL, with MY luck it's sold out! :( I've been staring at that website all week & the one time I get ready to buy it's gone...

Thanks ladies. I've been taking my vitamin C and Dayquil. Feeling a bit worse this morning and OF COURSE Aunt Flow decided to come today. Just fantastic *sigh*

I did a Henna and Indigo treatment Friday night as planned and then didn't have the energy to do anything else to it the remainder of the weekend.

I wore my short pixie cut wig yesterday but I really wanted to wear my own hair out. I realized it had been a month since I wore my hair out and I really did miss it. So I cowashed last night and put in my 6 braids with rollers on the ends and am rocking my go-to style, The Braidout, today. I just love being able to feel my scalp. And the hennidigo treatment really has my hair looking a bit shinier and more healthy (at least to me).

I think I'll flat-iron my hair Saturday night, and rock straight hair on my trip with DH. At least for a day, then I'll probably be back to braidouts and/or buns and probably take a wig or two just in case.

okay, so I've rampled long enough. except I think I swear I stretched my hair to my bra the other night. I can not believe how close I am. I'm probably do for a tiny trim though. Okay, I'm done, lol.

I've been enjoying my straightened hair this week. I'm gonna miss it when I wash this weekend...:sad:. I might try to stretch it a extra week. Nah I need to get in at least two tea rinses :giggle: before I put my hair in a protective style next weekend.

oh yea I wanted to add that Sevenfold butter by baskbeauty is good! It's just right and fluffy to use on flat ironed hair. It doesn't weigh down my fine hair at all. It gives off a nice shine as well. I've been putting it on my ends mostly when I pin curl at night.

Last edited:
Got up the strength to spritz my hair with a little water/oil/leave in mix to at least keep it from drying out too much.

Got up the strength to spritz my hair with a little water/oil/leave in mix to at least keep it from drying out too much.

Get well soon. You might be stressing yourself out and breaking down your immune defenses. Take it easy lady.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've been enjoying my straightened hair this week. I'm gonna miss it when I wash this weekend...:sad:. I might try to stretch it a extra week. Nah I need to get in at least two tea rinses :giggle: before I put my hair in a protective style next weekend.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm going to miss my straightened hair, but it's also starting to feel thin so I'm looking forward to more fullness after I go swimming and wash tomorrow.

polished07 It's like $65 and no I don't think that is a lot, I think about it like this: we spend so much on products that ultimately don't work and if we can just cut through clutter and get what we need without having to try a million things, in the end, we save money.

I will definitely keep the thread updated I am excited and nervous...but I know it needs to be done.

Awesome thank for sharing!!!!

Im cowashing or rinsing every day this week (since last Saturday) and bunning. I'm using either MN or Liquid Gold and heavy sealing with JBCO. If we have a snow day tomorrow (crossing fingers), I might do a DC.

Guess who did some decent flat twists?!?!?! THIS girl right here. I watched a YT video by "Fusion of Cultures" (AKA Laila) and she gave me 2 very important pieces of advice:
1. Do NOT flat twist on wet hair...which was doing
2. If you're right-handed, flat twist in a clockwise motion (THIS)

I did these two things and they really helped! My flat twists aren't the best (I'm not Afrikan God or anything), but they actually look like something now.

I'm going back and forth about relaxing/texlaxing because at the end of the day; why am I really natural? I asked my mom about the time I was relaxed and she said my hair was fine, it was thick and healthy and I would often stretch (with regular heat usage) my relaxers for 3 months or longer. I'm 80% sure I'm going to texlax, I just need to look around the forums and figure out a new regimen.

Wish my luck and NikkiQ feel better!

Back