BSL 2013 Challenge

Got my hair done for my birthday. I just let her to do whatever she wanted. Some of my curls in the front got smushed from me sleeping on it last night. Overall I like it. :yep:

And you can't even tell I had that bald spot behind my ear. So glad that hair is growing back in and I can wear my hair up again. It was a big round spot. :nono:

Attachments

• image-4071219846.jpg
    image-4071219846.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image-3780666602.jpg
    image-3780666602.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image-3574790802.jpg
    image-3574790802.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Gorgeous hair ladies!

So I finally have to admit something to myself that I haven't wanted to face......I can no longer go to sleep with wet hair. Therefore, if I don't have time to air dry before bed, I either have to stop cowashing (which I'm really not about) or diffuse my hair with a blow dryer or sit under the hair dryer to at least get my hair to the point where it's mostly dry. I think I'll put on heat protectant and then go under the dryer. We'll see how this goes.

Onhergrind09 How come you can't sleep with your hair wet any more? Is it causing you breakage?

My DD got her hair straighten for the first time today. It was tough to get her hair straight and its still not fully straight. I thought I'd share this with you ladies even though this is BSL Challenge.

mami2010 Your DD's Hair is gorgeous, so pretty I love it :yep:

Picked up some Bioinfusion hydrating conditioning balm at Walgreens today while I was on a mission to find notebooks before my classes tomorrow (3 stores and no one had them). It was marked down to $2.50 so I thought what the heck. I'll give it a try.

Angel of the North, as a result of going to bed with a wet head, usually with a t-shirt or a microfiber cloth wrapped around my head, I've noticed breakage around my crown. Essentially, it boils down to the fact that I'm a wild sleeper, and my wet strands can't take that type of abuse. Since cowashing earlier in the day is not doable, the only solution I've come up with is to use some sort of heat.

Every time I catch a glimpse of my hair in the mirror my first thought is "I can't believe my hair is this long" followed quickly by "I want it even longer" :lol: when I started my HHJ all I wanted was APL hair, but this hair anorexia is no joke. Now I want an APL ponytail. :lick:

I'm also thinking that if I keep wearing my hair out, I need face framing layers. My face is too long to have long hair next to it. But I'm afraid to have it cut. And I'm definitely afraid to do it myself.

Every time I catch a glimpse of my hair in the mirror my first thought is "I can't believe my hair is this long" followed quickly by "I want it even longer" :lol: when I started my HHJ all I wanted was APL hair, but this hair anorexia is no joke. Now I want an APL ponytail. :lick:

I'm also thinking that if I keep wearing my hair out, I need face framing layers. My face is too long to have long hair next to it. But I'm afraid to have it cut. And I'm definitely afraid to do it myself.

If I didn't know any better I would think I typed this myself! These are my thoughts EXACTLY!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle I'm glad I have someone to commiserate with. I remember you posting awhile back about having a long face. Are you going to get layers? My other concern about layers is I need to be able to put my hair in a pony tail or bun when I'm feeling lazy (which is 99% of the time). I'm not sure what would happen if I get face framing layers. And I'm sure layers will look good on straight and mostly straight hair, but I'm not sure how they will look on poufy braid outs.

GettingKinky I love layers too, but in order to do my lazy styles like a puff or bun properly, I figure I'd need my front to be at collarbone. It's below chin now and those few little pieces that stick up a surely annoying. For now I bobby pin them or tuck.

KiWiStyle I'm glad I have someone to commiserate with. I remember you posting awhile back about having a long face. Are you going to get layers? My other concern about layers is I need to be able to put my hair in a pony tail or bun when I'm feeling lazy (which is 99% of the time). I'm not sure what would happen if I get face framing layers. And I'm sure layers will look good on straight and mostly straight hair, but I'm not sure how they will look on poufy braid outs.

I'm definitely not getting layers and like you said, because I do have a long head, layers and a fuller look would look best on me. However, again like you said, will it work looking at the bigger picture? The answer is, NO. I think cutting layers to frame my face better or cutting bangs are not ideal for protective styling although I'm sure it works for some ladies.

I managed to get my hair washed today, I have some crazy NG that is acting up, shrinkage is making my hair look like it's between SL and APL :ohwell: the hair anorexia is kicking in big time :perplexed. I'm 13 weeks post and my TU is booked for 2 weeks time and I can't wait. I do intend to enjoy my hair for my 2 week holiday and I will be wearing it down, I have been bunning since the day after my last TU, I think I've earnt it :look: After that I will be going back to my buns :yep:

On a positive note, I think I've found my HG moisturiser :drunk: Today I tried the Bee Mine Deja's milk for the first time, it is everything I've been looking for in a moisturiser. Protein free, non greasy/oily, very moisturising, it's the perfect consistency for my hair, not too thick/heavy/watery and smells delicious :lick::love:

I'm looking for 3 moisturisers one without any protein, one with only silk protein ( my hair loves silk protein) and one with protein to address my different hair needs. Although there are a few more I would like to try, I really think this one will definitely be a keeper.

Soooo....didn't even attempt to wash my hair today. I'll go ahead and :spank: myself for that. Too busy helping DH study for a midterm tomorrow and get everything together for my first day back to school tomorrow. Completely nervous, but at least I can be nervous at home in front the comp instead of an actual class :lol:

Soooo....didn't even attempt to wash my hair today. I'll go ahead and :spank: myself for that. Too busy helping DH study for a midterm tomorrow and get everything together for my first day back to school tomorrow. Completely nervous, but at least I can be nervous at home in front the comp instead of an actual class :lol:

That comp won't even know or care that you didn't wash yo head, girl! Just don't be video-conferencing or your secret will be out...LOL

My hair loves AO HSR, I did an overnight DC last night and when I rinsed today I was in hair heaven.
I was wearing my hair in a damp bun today and my son said. "Mommy I don't like that wig" lol I'm like 4 months post so it really wasn't pretty

Good luck on your first day back!

WTG @NikkiQ keep us updated on your school progress!!!

My hair is in a braid-out and will be the next few days, then I'll bun it, or something. Who knows? I am about to take the plunge and do the Komaza Hair Care Analysis, I know there are some problems and that I need help figuring out what my hair needs, rather than trying a million different products (that I don't have money for anyway) so I can make it my final goal of hip length. Wish me luck!

Good luck with going back to school, you'll do great!!! I plan to go back this year, not sure if it'll be Summer or Fall semester.

Good luck with going back to school, you'll do great!!! I plan to go back this year, not sure if it'll be Summer or Fall semester.

All you need is the motivation to get it done. I figure since I'm out here in PR for 2 more years,why not do it? Dual degree program :yep:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

NikkiQ wow good luck with your program. A dual degree is impressive. I went to school online and even that kicked my a.ss.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

My hair loves AO HSR, I did an overnight DC last night and when I rinsed today I was in hair heaven.
I was wearing my hair in a damp bun today and my son said. "Mommy I don't like that wig" lol I'm like 4 months post so it really wasn't pretty

My hair loves that stuff!!!! It's my fave to dc with that and baking soda and I'm in hair heaven

Just finished cowashing. Did a protein treatment with Aphogee 2min and now im sitting around deep conditioning. After i rinse this out im gonna apply my leave in and seal with coconut oil then bun perhaps. Was gonna post some progress pics but decided to wait until the march check in instead.

I just finished doing a protein DC and I'm currently air drying. I tried Curl Creme Brule for the first time, I'm not liking it as a moisturizer, I think it would be more useful as a styling product b/c of how it makes my hair feel. Oh well, the search for the perfect moisturizer continues.

polished07 It's like $65 and no I don't think that is a lot, I think about it like this: we spend so much on products that ultimately don't work and if we can just cut through clutter and get what we need without having to try a million things, in the end, we save money.

I will definitely keep the thread updated I am excited and nervous...but I know it needs to be done.

My first (nice) bun! I did a braid out, oiled my hair and used 2 scrunchies and 2 spin pins. It is not as neat as I would have liked so I will just call it a messy bun lol

P3036322.jpg

P3036324.jpg

P3036325.jpg

Last edited:
after having an awful experience post my usual set of twists, I'm thinking about becoming a straight haired natural.

I made the mistake of wearing my twists for 2 weeks, then sporting a twist out for 1 week... Ugh, what was I thinking? I just kept putting off my wash day... till I was forced to wash it...

Ya wanna know the only reason I broke down and washed my hair:

549454_679467569694_1540642588_n.jpg

The color run (it's a 5k done in dye). It's just powdered dye. So I just stood outside shaking and patting my hair to get the color out... but my hair still looked grayish, so I sectioned it and washed...

I had the most knots I've see before. :nono: I need to become more active on here to help me meet my goal.

Yall will be seeing more of me now. :wave:

Back