IMG_20130301_042021.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20130301_041900.jpg
    IMG_20130301_041900.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20130301_050019.jpg
    IMG_20130301_050019.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 36
I had my stylist curl my hair instead of flat iron it, but I'm pretty sure it's longer. Even curly I'm less than an inch from BSL.

I guess this means all this PSing is working, but sometime soon I want to start enjoying my hair. I don't think I look all that good in buns.

Your hair came out great! I feel the same sentiment. I am going to do my best to PS but eventually I want to enjoy my hard earned hair:yep:

@pelohello I love curlformers. I had to buy a second styling kit (40 curlformers) a few days ago because I dont think 40 was enough to set my hair in smaller sections as I would like.

My main tip would be to install on soaking wet hair and allow it to dry fully. That way i get very smooth fluffy curls. HTH!

Quick question. Do you apply the curl former close to the root? Mine felt like it was tugging and too tight. I'm thinking the next time I install them I will leave about an inch from my roots. How do you protect/sustain the hair at night? I was going to either pineapple or pin the up and put a bonnet over them.

Thanks in advance & sorry for all the questions:drunk:

Pics pics & more pics of my 1st time using curl formers & eco gel. I pinned the back using spin pins since I have a job interview & a concert 2morrow, I want the curls to last.

So far I am impress with the results. I plan on keeping this in until next Thursday and I will do the process again but in the morning. I def cannot sleep in those things again.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

pelohello Just in case i forget to post as i have to rush out.....I am so inlove with your 3RD pictures of the two sets you posted. Amazing results. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to try mine on the weekend. Its shiny pretty and fluffy. Yay you!

bajandoc86 & pelohello Thanks to you i'm more than sold.:yep:

Quick question. Do you apply the curl former close to the root? Mine felt like it was tugging and too tight. I'm thinking the next time I install them I will leave about an inch from my roots. How do you protect/sustain the hair at night? I was going to either pineapple or pin the up and put a bonnet over them.

Thanks in advance & sorry for all the questions:drunk:

I usually twist my hair around at the root, and then place the curl former right beneath that twisted section. Once the curlformer is on the hair, I untwist the root. So I avoid it feeling too tight/tugging at the root. At night I would use a bonnet. But most times I two strand twist my hair once the curls are fully dry, as my curlformers are mainly a stretching tool.

I defintiely don't mind the questions. Your hair is so :drool: :drool:

Pics pics & more pics of my 1st time using curl formers & eco gel. I pinned the back using spin pins since I have a job interview & a concert 2morrow, I want the curls to last.

So far I am impress with the results. I plan on keeping this in until next Thursday and I will do the process again but in the morning. I def cannot sleep in those things again.

pelohello your hair came out G-O-R-G-O-U-S!!!! I forget, are you natural???

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Man it doesn't take long to get behind in this thread! Looking great ladies!!

I finally get to do my roller sets after about two months, it came out really nice. I always wanted to have the curly look and quickly learned that my rollers were to large. I bought the 1 1/8" magnetic rollers from Sally's last week.

My curls came our exactly how I wanted them, tight, soft and bouncy...of course now I want them like pelohello's hair, LOL!

View attachment 197491
View attachment 197493
View attachment 197495
View attachment 197497

For the first time I have 2nd day hair because I did the pineapple and covered with a satin bonnet.

My hair is truly thickening!! My roots are soo full and thick compared to my ends now and because I had my stylist texlax the thin hair in the front, it's now growing and looks much more healthy. Eventually, I'll texlax my entire head.

Cattypus1 I did the tea rinse, I'm definitely noticing less shed hair during shampoo and setting.

BTW, the Tequila event DH attended last night was incredible. My client invited us to this intimate and private event for 25 people (strangers) sitting very close together but somehow everyone laughed and talked all night. Girl, I felt like I was on Chopped as a judge. It was a four course meal and with each dish, the chef would come out to present his dish, "what you have in front of you...". It was incredible and the best part was they served three different mixed drinks with each dish in addition to the three shots of their top shelf Tequila! We made new friends who now wants to invite us to dinner parties, lol!

Last edited:
Woohoo! Y'all and these pitchas! Loving it! Can I just say that yes, I'm extremely biased, but why do I feel like we have the best length challenge group?! Ya'll are so great! Can't wait until we start becoming BSL ninjas (APL 2012 ninjas you know who you are)...that was when it got real entertaining.

Anyway, I was tired of talking about it so I finally booked my sew-in appt for the 13th. This hair is finally going into hiding for a couple of months! After that I'm hoping to give it a lil TLC for a week or so, then go straight into sengalese twists for 2 more months. That'll bring me to sometime in July, where hopefully (*crosses fingers!!*) I'll be sitting @ BSL. Let's pray on it ya'll!!! :)

Looking good pelohello!

Your hair came out great! I feel the same sentiment. I am going to do my best to PS but eventually I want to enjoy my hard earned hair:yep:

Thanks!! I think I may start doing ponytail roller sets. They aren't too time consuming and I get smooth, bouncy, shiny hair. I'm just not sure how it will stand up to an Insanity workout. I'm lazy and if it only lasts a day or two I know I won't keep doing it.

@pelohello Just in case i forget to post as i have to rush out.....I am so inlove with your 3RD pictures of the two sets you posted. Amazing results. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to try mine on the weekend. Its shiny pretty and fluffy. Yay you!

@bajandoc86 & @pelohello Thanks to you i'm more than sold.:yep:

Thanks!!:drunk: What size did you get? I got the extra long & wide ones for the back and middle sections and then used the long/wide ones for the front. I want to buy more of the long/wide. They were easier to install. Do you plan on using any products?

Good Luck this weekend!!!:drunk:

Man it doesn't take long to get behind in this thread! Looking great ladies!!

I finally get to do my roller sets after about two months, it came out really nice. I always wanted to have the curly look and quickly learned that my rollers were to large. I bought the 1 1/8" magnetic rollers from Sally's last week.

My curls came our exactly how I wanted them, tight, soft and bouncy...of course now I want them like pelohello's hair, LOL!

View attachment 197491
View attachment 197493
View attachment 197495
View attachment 197497

For the first time I have 2nd day hair because I did the pineapple and covered with a satin bonnet.

My hair is truly thickening!! My roots are soo full and thick compared to my ends now and because I had my stylist texlax the thin hair in the front, it's now growing and looks much more healthy. Eventually, I'll texlax my entire head.

@Cattypus1 I did the tea rinse, I'm definitely noticing less shed hair during shampoo and setting.

BTW, the Tequila event DH attended last night was incredible. My client invited us to this intimate and private event for 25 people (strangers) sitting very close together but somehow everyone laughed and talked all night. Girl, I felt like I was on Chopped as a judge. It was a four course meal and with each dish, the chef would come out to present his dish, "what you have in front of you...". It was incredible and the best part was they served three different mixed drinks with each dish in addition to the three shots of their top shelf Tequila! We made new friends who now wants to invite us to dinner parties, lol!

Ur hair came out Great!:drunk: That event sounds like fun & Top Shelf Tequila:spinning: man oh man:lick:

:meme:Thanks Ladies for all yall kind words. I've always been alittle style challenged before and relied(sp) heavily on a stylist prior to starting my hair journey. I happy that I'm experimenting and learn different techniques on how to style, care and maintain my hair.:meme:

I'm the worst with this biotin. I forgot yesterday and I'm big home forthe weekend and I forgot them.

I did wash and deep condition my hair though. Currently drying in fat twists bi used Giovanni direct leave in this time.

Back