BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Man was feeling so good about how well my hair has turned around since I've gotten my trim I had to cowash tonight after my workout. I cowashed with HV Moist Conditioner 24/7 didn't like this stuff before but since getting my ends trimmed this time around I love it. I moisturized with DB Daily Leave In Condish. Sealed with CoCasta Shikakai Oil then followed up with DB Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream made sure I concentrated on the ends so they can stay healthy. I put my hair in two flat twist and pinned the ends up.
With my vitamins, working out, eating right, and keeping my hair in tip top shape I'm determine to get to BSL!

Well, you and I are in the same boat. I just made APL at my lowest layer, but I'm determined to be full APL by my 2nd nappiversary in June, and I will be BSL by December of this year :) Keep the faith!!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Well when you say keep the faith it makes me straighten right up!

@DayDreamist, I agree. Hang on to your goals and stay committed. You will reach BSL. Just stick to your regi and baby your ends.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll baby these ends no matter how I feel that day. You know what, I need to start doing my hair only when I'm in the mood and calm. I seem to take my frustrations out on my hair.

@Trini_Chutney beautiful braid out, and I love those glasses, who are they by?
@DayDreamist stick with us, we are a fun group of hair growers. Last year I changed my goal to BSB for my tail only. I had one lone piece of hair that grew to an inch shy of BSB. I learned so much about hair technique by being active in this thread last year. Hang out with us. :yep:.

Please help me if you have an accurate way to do length checks without heat. Guys joining the no heat challenge means I have no idea what length my hair really is for other challenges. Here is what happened at length check. I checked three ways and got three different lengths, I am perplexed. I pulled dry unstretched tangled hair and it was full shoulder length; detangled it and my hair was grazing APL; finally checked dripping wet hair in the shower and it was an inch past APL. I am scared I am going to go thruogh all of the challenges thinking my hair is all long, then blow dry at the end of the year, and be like:ohwell: :drunk::lachen:
Thank you! You're so right, I can still learn a lot while I'm here. :yep:

Last edited:
Took out sew in last night. I didnt hang for the 12 weeks like I wanted to:look:. However, I faced my fear and trimmed today. I hadn't trimmed in 10 months:ohwell:. So I feel pretty good! I will wash and go back to bunning or twisting at the end of the week:yep:.

LADIES ! im so happy with my regi this year. im telling you WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME TO TRY WIGS BEFORE !!!
i over co washed the other day....too much condit, dried my hair a bit but only the ends...next time ill put less and not do it twice ! stupid me... SO thanks to all that i now know what works well, and my regi is :

- Wash day (1 a month): prepoo w/ olive oil or coconut oil
+shampoo
-co wash 2 times a month with either ceramide condit or altern with another.
-blow dry with tension method, as i dont wear it straight i add s curl lite gel(+ tiny bit of shea)
- moisturize every other day (s curl gel keeps my hair so soft and mositurized, i seal the ends with castor oil if needed,usually dont need it..s curl does it all...MY STAPLE)
-massage head every night without anything. + sleep with plastic cap on head+ durag
-ps in wigs.. conrows under/ I BAGGY UNDER MY WIG: great great great ! no breakage at all.

only thing: as soon as i get home i take the wig off straight away to let my hair breath some air. + when i get up in the morning after a night of baggying i also let it breath, do my stuff, get prepared, then put the plastic cap again before the wig.

keeping it simple and its working well.i really hope to get at least bsb ! thinking its almost impossible as my hair took ages to reach apl..........

anyway for those wearing wigs try baggying and see if your hair too likes it.
when i wear the wig with just the cap, it dries my hair a bit

Last edited:
Revamped the chicoro pre poo. Used hairVeda oil and the vatika frosting. About to poo and con with kenra. Air dry and use my caruso in the am. Wish me a pretty turnout. Good night

I recently took a pic of my hair and I'm almost there. I'm 22 weeks post and my sister was trying her best to pull the shrinkage down.

Attachments

• image-2258227124.jpg
    image-2258227124.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 58
My hair has been shedding a lot lately. This is the most hair I have seen shed in my life. The shed hair ball can fit in size both of my hands. Too big for just one hand. Don't know why I am shedding so much. I am going to go back to tea rinsing and taking garlic pills. I stopped that about 2 weeks ago. So maybe that's the culprit. Also, I have no idea how long my hair is. I am approximately 30 weeks post texlax. My roommate stretched my hair while she was braiding it and said that it is at my armpit. So maybe I will be APL with straight her by March. Oh wait I am not straightening my hair until June. Anyway I hope everyone else is doing fine.

Im finally getting my hair back to a normal stae since I moved o Switzerland and had to deal with hard water issues and severe breakage.
My new regimen is wash 1x a week:
- detangle with either coconut or olive oil
- shampoo weekly (2xa month with clarifying poo;2x a month with bobeam poo bar)
- DC with protein then moisture
- moisturize and seal
- flat twist and wig it up

Wore a twistout yesterday. I'm back in celie braids now. I don't really feel like rocking wigs anymore but I hope I can hang in there until June. I wish my job would allow me to wear headwraps :(

I had to take my cornrows out. They weren't drying and smelled weird so they had to go. I also noticed breakage at my crown where they started. le sigh. I used bentonite clay to clarify and now I have a wash and go. I'm a bit sick of wigs too... IDK when I'll put my braids back in. Maybe I'll give it a week. I also want to order a straight lacefront to mix things up a bit.

I trimmed all my relaxed ends today. I was reaching BSL now I am back to NL... I am 15 months post... I will be back to BSL in no time. My relaxed ends are gone.....

Here's my twistout from Friday:

IMG_0080-vi.jpg

IMG_0075-vi.jpg

IMG_0077-vi.jpg

And I forgot to post pix of last month's mini-braids. This is my go-to protective style. They look better as they get frizzy and curly but I don't have any pix of them like that. Here they are freshly done:

IMG_0073-vi.jpg

IMG_0074-vi.jpg

MzSwift I am wearing my hair exactly how your braids are. I wear them in a bun for occupational reasons. When they start getting old thats when I throw a wig over them.

GIJane
That's exactly what I do! I can only keep them in for about 3 weeks at a time though before having to redo them. I have super fine strands and it gets frizzy after a few rinses.

I was going to flat iron my hair this weekend for a length check, but I was too lazy and didn't DC like I wanted to. I'm going to DC 2x or more this week in prep for a flat iron next weekend. Mh hair seems to stay straighter longer when it's well hydrated before I apply heat.

I have been lurking in this thread since December, I may have done this part already but I can't remember so here I go.....again maybe??

What is your goal date for BSL?
Dec 30, 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.)
Before LHCF I was a neck length lifer, so this will be my first time at BSL

Whats your current length?
I think I might be APL on the back and Sides. I will not know for sure untill the end of March

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?
Natural Since 2007

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc)
Lately my PS has been Individual braids. I might switch to wigs in April not sure yet

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)
hmm I don't know maybe go get a professional blowout for once, I will let my DH play in my hair but he will be under very heavy supervision LOL

I DC'd almost 24hrs with CJ Banana and hibiscus. I put it on my hair around 4pm yesterday and rinsed it out around 3pm today. My hair was so soft!!! it was easy to detangle and very moisturized. I co-washed then spritzed my marshmallow-hibiscus tea, added KCKT and did some big twists with QB AOHC. I will keep the twists for a couple of days then do a twist out.

I went to Target this week and found the 3/4" Instyler on sale :yay:! So of course I bought it, and now I'm ready for my June length check :yep:.

This weekend I was in chill mode so I didn't do much to my hair. Saturday I DC'd on dry hair with Darcy Botanicals DC Mask and mixed it with honey. Then I wore a curly ponytail for the weekend (I used a banana clip for more volume). Today I moisturized my hair with my spray mix (Water, Oyin Honey hair dew, JBCO, and Aloe Vera Juice) and sealed with Oyin Whipped pudding and put my hair in a bun and put my phony pony on.

I went through a little panic mode for a minute last week for whatever reason. Anyway, I am back feeling good about my hair and potentially reaching BSL by the end of the year. I was doing length checks every 3 months which would have been time this past weekend but since most of the challenges have their checks at the end of this month, I will be waiting until then so I am real excited. Need to get back on the ball with my vitamins though.

Will anybody claim BSB instead of BSl at all? just asking, because I wear my bra really low and It will be more MBLish:grin:.
I will be claiming BSB and will move to MBL challenge, my next length check will be end of april!

Got my hubby to trim about an inch off last night with my creaclip. Then back into a braided bun I went:) Now I am 3 inches instead of 2 inches away but I think I will make it by the end of the year.

I shampooed.today. Conditionned +oil rinse...then blow.dried .i lost à bit more hair that.last time exept for the section where s curl gel was added .know what to do next time+ not pull so hard.i use tension method but dont.want it that straight as i put it up.i had fun.acting stupid shaking my hair around and enjoying before putting back my.wig for.3 weeks ...or 4.

View attachment 139995

View attachment 139997

g.lo said:
Will anybody claim BSB instead of BSl at all? just asking, because I wear my bra really low and It will be more MBLish:grin:.
I will be claiming BSB and will move to MBL challenge, my next length check will be end of april!

Yes. In my regimen post I stated that I'm aiming for BSB because I wear my bra at what most people would consider MBL.

Back