BSL 2010 Challenge

Count me in..

Regimen:

Cowash daily with Aussie Moist or Pantene R&N Condish
HE LTR Leave In and Seal with Castor Oil, focusing on ends
Castor Oil on Scalp

DC, Ayurvedic rinses both 2x week- Aussie Moist and Pantene R&N Mask, combo of powders for ayurveda (Shikaikai, Bhingraj, Amla, or Brahmi)
Poo with Poo bar once a week- Shikaikai bar
Mild Protein tx once a month- Aphogee 2 min

Braidouts or buns daily

Starting Length: 3 inches from APL (yes, had a major setback in January :( )
Goal Month: December 2010

Just checking in.Still in the game!I've been sporting twists for the past 3 weeks. I haven't seen my true length since August. I'm so excited about this challenge!

I realized I never posted a reggie:

Wash with WEN Fig and DC with Mane and Tail Conditioner
Cowash at least once a week, Aussie Moist or 3 Min Miracle
Moisturize with Hairveda Whipped Ends Hyrdation, seal with Black Castor Oil
Protective styling 24/7: Buns, Braids, and Wigs

I am stretching until Decemnber. When I get my touch up, I will post a starting pic.

I'm currently 15 weeks post relaxer, i'm not cowashing or anything as much anymore, i'm just leaving my hair alone. I have up to 3.5 inches of NG in some places of my head.

Update: 1 inch past APL

OK - so my regiment has changed.

I now do the following:
Shampoo 1x weekly with CON
Daily co-washes with varying conditioners. Cholesterol, Aussie Moist, HE LTR
30 second daily rinse with Roux Porosity Control
Aphogee Leave In
KinkyCurly Knot Today and detangle.
Section hair and two strand twist out with KinkyCurly Curling Custard.
Next day seal with coconut oil.
Wear hair in twist Out.

I wanna join!...

Regimen: Ayurvedic rinses 1-2x a week...shampoo w/shampoo bar every other week...DC after every poo/rinse...clarify once a month...will attempt to strech for 17 weeks...

Products your using:
- Rinsing...Aritha, Shikakai, Neem, Bhringraj, Amla, and Brahmi powders (combo of 3-4 each rinse)...

- Pooing...Shikakai Shampoo Bar

- Clarifying...baking soda and water

- Conditioning...haven't really found a staple conditioner yet but for now I'm alternating between Aubrey Organic HSR and esencia Hydrating conditioners...gonna try other moisturizing conditioners when these run out.

Starting Hair Length: Shoulder length (I guess)

Goal Month: October 2010

Here's my starting pic...almost 2 weeks post

Attachments

• Oct 18.jpg
    Oct 18.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I am barely SL, but I am really hoping for BSL this year!

Regimen:
1x Week
-DC/Co-wash
-Apply shea butter
-Put hair in large twists
Daily
-Take down twists
-Put hair in bun
-At night, take down bun, re-twist, and apply satin bonnet

Products your using:
-LeKair Cholesterol
-Giovanni's (when I buy some)
-Honey
-Oils (coconut atm)
-Shea butter

Starting Hair Length:
Shoulder length

Goal Month:
December

Pics if possible!
Attached photo of my hair wet.

Attachments

• Photo 16.jpg
    Photo 16.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 18
Due to the cold weather, I am changing my regimen to Co-Washing with WEN once every 2 weeks. Since I airdry, I dont want to get sick by having wet hair often. But I am still in the game. I am currently 2 weeks post as of tomorrow, and my recent hair pic is in my siggy

I relaxed on Friday, i'm about 1.5 inches away from APL now. I'm really gonna be serious about retaining length between now and December, i want to get to APL for the new year.

I'm in. I just got my hair relaxed after 4 months of trying to go natural. *sigh* Couldn't do it yet, someday I will. I did get 2 inches of growth. My hair is about APL now.

I'll follow my current reggie which is moisturize daily with KeraCare and seal with coconut oil. I will wash every 4 days using ayurvedic products. (I'm following Candy C's method).

That's about it. I am new here so I still need to put pics up.

Good luck, ladies!

I’d like to join. I’m shoulder length right now but I think I can make BSL by July or August 2010. Pics and Regimen Below.

1. Pre-poo w/ protein or olive oil on dry hair
2. Wash with mositure poo or protein poo
3. Deep Condition w/moisturizing conditioner
4. Rollerset / or bun
5. Aphogee Hardcore Protein every 6-8 weeks

I use mainly drugstore products but I just purchased some salon products from JC Penny so I’ll give those a try.

Moisture - Pantene or Motions Moisture Plus for Deep conditions
Protein - Motions CPR , Aphogee 2 Step, Aphogee 2 minute, Nexxus Emergencee
Olive Oil
Serum – Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, Silk Drops, Fantasia, Chi Silk Infusion
Leave ins – Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin, Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Lacio Lacio, Vo5, Sunsilk

I don't have anyone to take a picture of me from the back right now.

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

I forgot to answer these questions:

Regimen:

Shampoo with Ayurvedic teas (lately it's Bhringeraj and Amla) 3x a week, condition in the shower or deep condition with Mixed Chicks, seal with Argan Oil, air dry, silk wrap (with shea butter, rose water and argan oil mix). Henna/Indigo a week after relaxer every 8-10 weeks.

Products you're using:

- Pooing...Bhringeraj and Amla (will try Bhringeraj and Shikakai next)

- Clarifying...Apple Cider Vineger (about every two to three weeks)

- Conditioning...Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner

-Moisturizer...Shea Butter Mix (Shea, Rose Water and Argan Oil)

-Seal...Argan Oil

Starting Hair Length: Armpit length

Goal Month: August 2010 (?)

Last edited:
Regimen:
Weekly / 2 weekly detangle, wash, DT, and style (BNC/TNC/Braid/Twist/Curl)
Henna every 2-4 weeks
Cowash (HE cond) and moisturize as needed
*No random mid-week manipulation:rolleyes:
*No trims (S&D only) :look:
*Minimal direct heat :yep:

Products:
Detangler: Herbal essences conditioners / oil rinses (castor / EVCO)
DT: AOHR conditioner / oil / butter
Shampoo: AOHR shampoo or castille soap
Clarify: HEHH poo
Seal: EVCO, shea butter

Starting Hair Length:
APL

Goal Month:
July 2010 :spinning:

I don't have a real camera to post a starting pic...I may have to use my phone's camera later

Last edited:
Count me in!

Regimen: I wash with shampoo only when flat ironing (which I only do once a month, if that.) My hair is usually in braidouts/twistouts. Other than that, I CW weekly with Aussie Moist, HE Hello Hydration, or Suave Tropical Coconut. I moisturize with coconut oil and my shea/olive oil blend. I use Fantasia IC gel when wet bunning and when doing braidouts/twistouts.

Starting Hair Length: APL

Goal Month: June 2010 which will also be 2 years since my BC.

Pics in siggy!

Last edited:
I relaxed on Friday, i'm about 1.5 inches away from APL now. I'm really gonna be serious about retaining length between now and December, i want to get to APL for the new year.

Same here, except I haven't relaxed yet and I am about an inch away. I have my hair in cornrows and am cowashing/baggying during the week trying to retain like crazy to make APL in December

Hi, I'd like to join this challenge. I haven't thought much about what my regimen will be like, but before the end of the year I will blow out my hair and post pics of the current length and my maintenance plan.

I'm trying to get back to BSL, I'm longer than shoulder length now at the back of my hair, not quite APL, but I'm short in the front on one side and at the top middle of my hair. I had a bad experience in August 2007 when a hairdresser left a Phyto relaxer in my hair for way too long and it took my hair out in patches (mainly in the areas that are still somewhat short now). I was heartbroken because I had been growing my natural hair out for almost 5 years and decided to relax it because it was taking too long to blow it dry and press it and that man destroyed my hair (I also think that he used index two and should have used index one). It was negligence and I have should have sued...

So now, almost two and a half years later, I am natural and trying to grow my hair long again.

I can't wait to begin this journey with all of you :)

..count me IN!!!!

Regimen:.. wearing sew-in sew-in sew-ins as my protective styles with 1-2week breathers in between :) will try not to remain natural styles while letting hair break free:perplexed

Products your using:..wash my braided hair weekly with whatever moisterizing products i may have (am continuing my 2009 resolution into 2010 of not buying ANY hair products, i have MANY MANY goodstuff to use up):spinning::yep:

Starting Hair Length:..grazing apl.. & getting beginning of new year trim in january.. so more like, collar bone length, lol :grin:

Goal Month: ..may 2010

..CURRENT hair pix in my fotki (link below)..

:grin::grin::grin: HAPPY HAIR GROWING LADIES :grin::grin::grin:

I'd like in also.

Regimen:
Winter
Im doing a Crown and Glory variation( i havent done this, braiding was too expensive)
C-wash when needed
Dc after removing each set (DC 1-2x weekly)
Henna after removing each set (henna every 4-6 weeks)

Summer(from Mayish)
Protective style, mostly buns
C-wash 2-3 times a week
DC twice a week
Oil scalp after c-wash
moisturise and seal at night
Lightly moisturise in morning if needed
Satin pillowcase
Henna every 4 to six weeks
Medium protien treatment week following henna
Minimum direct heat

Products your using:
Shampoo: Baking soda(bentonite clay), castille soap
DC: various aubrey conditioners, Keracare humecto, various store brands+ oil
henna, emergencee, mizani( just to use up)
Oils: Olive, coconut, ,castor ,hemp, macadamia, grapeseed, peppermint, rosemary
Leave ins: Infusium, Giovanni direct, Lacio Lacio
Moisturisers: Shea butter, aloe gel/juice, diluted conditioner

Starting Hair Length: I'm going to trim in Dec, so SL (i did this)

Goal Month: I have the whole year!

Starting Pic: Will post in Dec. ( this pic is from 09 but this is the length im at now after trimming 2 inches in Dec)

537.jpg

Last edited:
Regimen: Every sunday I DC my hair for an hour. I don't use regular shampoo but I clarify every 5 weeks or so. I always air dry my hair. Only comb on wash days. I moisturize & seal every night before I go to bed. Protein treatment whenever necessary. ACV Rinse every other week. Lowwww manipulation, always. My hair is usually in a bun. Oh, and I dust my ends every other month.

Products your using: NTM Silk Touch Leave In, NTM Mask, Hairveda's Vatika Frosting, Hairveda's Amala Shampoo (to clarify), Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Dabur Vatika Oil (if I run out of vatika frosting), Aphogee 2 Min(I use this as a protein moisturizer on dry hair for the last 3 weeks before I relax my hair), Nexxus Emergencee, Joico Moisture Recovery Con., Nexxus Keraphix Con.

Starting Hair Length: SL

Goal Month: July 2010

jan-nov.jpg

First picture was back in january, 2nd picture was from 6 hours ago.

Count me in!!! I'm about 6 inches away from BSL

Regimen: Wear twists under wigs for the whole year. DC twists 2x/wk and shampoo once/wk. Redo twists every 2 weeks. Apply Oyin Juices N' Berries to twists, OCT mix to scalp, and seal with JBCO 3x/wk.

Products:
Shampoo- Oyin honey wash
Conditioner- Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner (or whatever conditioner I have available)
DC- Elucence Moisture Balance, Lekair cholesterol plus
Moisturizer- Oyin whipped pudding, KBB Hair Milk
Protein- Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Restructurizer
Growth Aid- OCT
Oils- JBCO, cocnut oil

Starting Hair Length: A little past SL

Goal Month: Dec 2010

October 28, 2009 Starting Picture
10-28-09withline.jpg

Last edited:
Regimen:

Wash 2x a week
air dry
protective style (crochet braids or flexirods)
growth aid on wash day and day after (total 4 x a week)
moisturize on wash days using creme moisturizer, anti frizz serum, and foam mousse when flexirodding on air dried hair
moisturize on scalp using growth aid 4x a week while in crochet braids
texlax every 3-4 months

Products your using:

Aphogee shampoo, balancing moisturrizer, keratin reconstructor, protein, and leave-in
Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner
Silk Elements foam wrap mousse :lick:
proclaim olive oil creme moisturizer
Frutis anti frizz serum
Growth aid: 1/4 bottle of glover's, 1/2 jar of travel size hollywood beauty castor oil, and 1/2 jar of small size sulfur 8

Starting Hair Length:

shoulder length, I think

Goal Month: Dec 2010

Pic is attached, I think

Attachments

• SSPX0055.jpg
    SSPX0055.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 17
I'm in! the very back of my hair is a little below armpit length and with all these growth aides Im taking, I should be BSL by May 2010:grin:

This is EXACTLY the challenge I need to restart my hair journey!! Thanks for posting this.

Regimen: Since I am getting back into taking proper care of my hair, I'm still working on a regimen that is going to work. I'll update in a few weeks.

Products your using: I'll update later.

Starting Hair Length: APL

Goal Month: October 25, 2010 (my birthday!)

Pic: As of April 24, 2009. Next length check April 2010 (if I don't get highlights)
100_3296.jpg

Regimen: Co-wash daily or every other day, wet bun- for 4 weeks straight/ pre-poo & scalp treatment/ massage & shampoo, deep con twice a week/ flat iron and wrap/ wear hair out for 1 weekend then do pre-poo & scalp treatment, PROTEIN, deep con (once monthly), Mizani Souffle...repeat. Special occasion: flat iron, twist out or rollerset.

Products your using: Yes to Carrots, Garnier Length & Strength, Matrix Biolage Leave-in Tonic, Motions, Garnier Fructis Wax, Coconut Oil, EVOO, Yes to Cucumbers, Motions CPR, Affirm 5-in-1. Others depending on style. Heat Protectants: Paul Mitchell, Redken Heat Glide, etc. PJ...I rotate products and have way too many to name! :) I know, I know...

Starting Hair Length: past SL...about 2 inches away from APL (my hair is slightly layered)

Goal Month: May 2010 or before...hoping all this bunning will help retain length

Pics if possible!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3868&pictureid=25430
11/2009

Last edited:
Back