BSL 2010 Challenge

I am so totally excited about this hair challange, you ladies have excellent progress, and I know the pictures help, I haven't taken a picture since earlier this year, will take another in January for my starter pic. I figure every three months should do it or every 6 months.

Definitely encourage one another to achieve our goals. It is one step at a time I am rocking 2 tails on the side and going to be changing my regimen up a bit. Still do my weekly washes but saving my two step for ONLY pre relaxer treatments, using aphogee 2 minute, Motions CPR or nexxus emergencee in between for protein conditioners. I will continue to use my Silk Elements Mega Silk , Ion Extreme Moisture and nexxus humectress for moisture. My shampoos are still going to be Nexxus Therapee, Ion Clarifyer, Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair (only when getting a treatment), Motions Neutralizer *when I get a relaxer, Motions Moisturizing shampoo. Relaxers will still be once every 4 months, Clarify once every 6 months, deep condition weekly, and color once every 4 months, semicolor once every 4 months in between those. I think it is pretty simple, LOL, for me that is!

Oh yes an a trim/cut every 4 months! Heat once a month pass when I use a flat Iron I will stretch that two weeks to get some time out of the style!

Last edited:
Count me in. I got my hair cut shoulder length with light layers. Hopefully I can get an inch a month. I will be using several growth aids and deep conditioning weekly. I'll probably use Indian powders twice a month.

Happy growing ladies!

I see the deadline is Jan 1st. I would like to join.

Im APL now will post pic soon.

I like to stretch 12 plus weeks. Im 13 weeks post as of today.

I use CON shampoo and Conditioner weekly.

Co Wash-Mostly V05 Moisture Milks & sometimes Thermasmooth Conditioner, Shescenit Advocado Conditioner- By the end of the next year, I will be offically just using V05 conditioners.

DC- Lustrasilk Sheabutter w/mango cholesterol, Shescentit Bannana Brulee, ORS Replenish Conditioner, Lekair Strengtening Cholesterol, Suave Humctant.

The oils I use:Olive oil & Coconut Oil

I go to the hairdresser for my relaxers, trims, and special events.

I wet bun 99%. I only use heat when I go to the hairdresser.

I don't have a goal date for BSL. So I will say DEC 2010.

Last edited:
I'm In! Thanks for starting the challenge! :grin:

I'm hoping to be APL by March 2010 (11 inches) then BSL by November 2010 (14 inches)

I have a mini update. My hair decided to grow a bit since October. I'm now 1.5 inches from APL as of 11.21.09 and on track for APL by March and BSL by November. :pepper:

Last edited:
Regimen: My regimen varies according to my hair's needs. The only constant is that it (almost always, haha) involves low mani. It sometimes involves protective styling (updos/buns of various forms). Detangling is done once a week, lightly before showering and thoroughly while showering.

Products your using: I will be using Alter Ego products almost exclusively, ut will be trying out products from my "try" list along the way. I will also use ACV.

Starting Hair Length: My starting length is in my avi (taken about a month ago... this is week 16 of my stretch, so I haven't been taking many pics) - APL.

Goal Month: December. It took so long for me to reach APL from SL. I'm giving myself pleeeeenty of time for this.

I am a little saddend I know the whole agenda is to reach BSL in my case I have changed my goal to BSB - so that I don't have a moving mark each time, but I have about a quarter inch before I get there so I now have to change my goal to MBL by the end of 2010 and BSB by February 2010. I just don't want to up and leave a challenge before it officially starts, especially since I started it, :(

Regimen: I don’t have a regimen yet. I’m a newbie and trying to figure it out. Also, I’m transitioning and three months post. I wash once per week.

Products your using: Mixed Girls Shampoo, Deep Conditioner & Leave-in Conditioner. EVOO

Starting Hair Length: Between SL & APL

Goal Month: December 2010
I attached my picture nothing to really look at :ohwell:. But that will change in 2010!:woohoo:

Attachments

• Starter.jpg
    Starter.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 43
I'll join. Hopefully I can make it by my birthday which is in March of 2010. BSL is super-low on my frame :( But I want to claim BSL, it's a must!

Regimen: Cowashing 1x-2x/week. DCing with protein and moisture once a week or as needed. Bunning/ponytails. Low-heat regi.

Current length: Somewhere past APL.

Products: NTM Triple moisture mask and leave-in, Nexxus Emergencee, oil mixtures, Aussi Moist.

Subscribing :P

Count me in! I'm APL now but currently in the "Hide Your Hair Challenge." Over on Dec 15th, so I will post starting pics then!

I will also have a better feel on how long it will take me to reach BSL, once I do a length check at that time.

BSL....HERE WE COME!

Last edited:
It's ok JJ, I totally understand, by the way, I'm in both challenges,lol.

JJamiah im in this and the MBL so no worries! Who could be mad at you if you hit your goal? Isnt that the point :)

Well I am glad not to be the only one. I guess we will graduate together to MBL.

Ladies if your really close you might want to join both so that you don't miss a deadline if they have one. :)

Count me in. I'm currently APL, and I have big plans for reaching BSL (and dare I say MBL?) next year. But I'm not going to put any specific date on it. Anytime in 2010 will do for me :grin:.

My reggie:
Wash/Comb/DC no more than once a week (sulfate-free cleansers/alternating between moisture and light protein)
Moisturize as needed
Low-manipulation styles
Relax every 6 months

Supplements: I take these for my overall health, but I'm sure they have good affects for my hair as well
Multivitamins
Iron supplements
Spirulina
Teas (I love them :)).

Products: Giovanni conditioners, Aubrey Organics conditioners, Ayurvedic powders, various oils.

Last edited:
Welcome Muffin Love your pic.

YOu ladies are going to have me go boil a pot of tea and get busy next week on my hair.

Regimen: I don’t have a regimen yet. I’m a newbie and trying to figure it out. Also, I’m transitioning and three months post. I wash once per week.

Products your using: Mixed Girls Shampoo, Deep Conditioner & Leave-in Conditioner. EVOO

I attached my picture nothing to really look at :ohwell:. But that will change in 2010!:woohoo:

Happyone, how tall are you? BSL seems very low on your body, at/near MBL, just like me. Lol.

Happyone, how tall are you? BSL seems very low on your body, at/near MBL, just like me. Lol.

Hi Twinkletoes17,

I'm only 5'2". I just tried to estimate brastrap on that pic lol. I'm going to see if my friend can take another picture of my hair. And, I will wear a white t-shirt. Maybe, I should have her draw the BSL line on the t-shirt? I didn't wanna post without any pics so..... that is how I ended up with that ghetto pic lol...

Hi Twinkletoes17,

I'm only 5'2". I just tried to estimate brastrap on that pic lol. I'm going to see if my friend can take another picture of my hair. And, I will wear a white t-shirt. Maybe, I should have her draw the BSL line on the t-shirt? I didn't wanna post without any pics so..... that is how I ended up with that ghetto pic lol...

HOOOOOO I am 5'2" as well and YOUR HAIR LOOKS GOOD!, yeah, you look like your already BSL/BSB definitely, but welcome.

:)

I the hair ladies, my goodness, I love it, it is nice even beautifuly styles, curly! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Count me in ladies! BSL here I come!!
Reggie: wash and deep condition once a week
cowash in the middle of week
bunning and no manipulation hair styles

Current length: Varies. Longer length APL

Regi: Simplifying. Natural shampoo bar weekly. Kinky Curly detangler, Qhemet butters. Elucence deep conditioner.
Style: braid out and bun
Goal: December 2010
Pics: Will post in Dec 2009

I have a mini update. My hair decided to grow a bit since October. I'm now 1.5 inches from APL as of 11.21.09 and on track for APL by March and BSL by November. :pepper:

COOL that is nice,

Ladies I am geared and ready to go, I am anxious to start this challenge, I am also hoping alot of us are going to be in another challenge this time next year. Like a graduating class LOL!

My goals are:

3 months - BSB February 2010
12 months - MBL December 2010
18 months - WL June 2011 :)

Last edited:
Hi, plz ADD ME TOO! :D

Products your using:
Mehandi Henna for African hair, AOHR shampoo/conditioner, AO Egyptian Henna clean rise, AO Rosa Mosqueta conditioner, AO Camomile Luxurious conditioner, Shescentit banana brulee deep conditioner, Shesceniit Jojoba-hemp shampoo, Shescentit coco-creme leave-in, Darcy's Botanicals Peach Kernel hair milk and Pumpkin seed conditioner.

Pics:
6p427k.jpg
2nbaxpx.jpg

Last edited:
Back