BSL 2010 Challenge

I want in!

Regimen: I will be wearing cornrows under half wigs. I wash once a week and deep condition everytime. I use my MN mixture everyday or every other day. I will flat iron every 3 months to do a length check. :yep:

Products your using: KeraCare shampoo and conditioner. Queene Hellene Ginseng conditioner, Suave coconut conditioner or ORS mayo. MN mixed with sulfur 8, coconut oil, rosemary & peperment oils.

Starting Hair Length: Shoulder length

Goal Month: September 2010 if I continue to get 1" a month from my MN mixture.

Here is my starting picture 12.25.09:
122509LengthShot.jpg

Last edited:
add me as well. i will post my regimen and pics b4 the end of the year.

Still working on my regimen but here is my starting point.
comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
I want in if not too late. My starting pic is in my siggy, my hair may or may not be longer than that. I'll edit tis post with my regimen

THere is no too late we are all in here for the same thing, I AM NIXING the deadline thing, ANYONE who wants to join at any time feel free to do so, I felt a little bad when I couldn't join certain forums because I joined to late and missed the dead line, This is an open forum, we are starting it officially January 1, 2010 and ending December 2010.

So just introduce yourself and tell us what your regimen and product list looks like and how you use it.

Well my list has not changed to much for now. All I can say is I am so busy, MY hair missed a few weeks of care (I KNOW ILLLLLLLL)

BUT, in my defense I was tired! LOL

Anywho, I am back on my weekly hair care scale and I will be heading to the salon next week for a Relaxer, Cut, Color and Treatment.

My hair has grown, and I will be taking pictures next week. Yeah!

I wash weekly with Nexxus Therapee and condition with nexxus humectress and silk elements moisture under the dryer for 20 minutes, I blow dry and flat iron (this once every other week) and a Doobie once every other week. :drunk:

I relax once every 4 months color every 2 months, cut every 4 months.

I use aphogee once every 4 months the week before I relax in between if I need protien I use Nexxus Emergencee'.

I use a leave in for every wash (in other words I carry my bag to the salon) I use Aphogee leave in or Redken Leave in

I also use the Aphogee green tea spray

I use Herstyler hair serum (3 drops) $45 bucks for 2 oz I make sure I pump it 3 times in the ladies hands! One time she squirted 10 pumps and I am like HELLO, that is expensive shiss, cool it! Those 3 drops do wonders, It leaves it full and not flatened like Chi or Biosilk!

Ladies My hair measures 21 inches now! :D

Bra strap for me is coming soon! Should be there by JUNE of 2010!!!!

Last edited:
I use Herstyler hair serum (3 drops) $45 bucks for 2 oz I make sure I pump it 3 times in the ladies hands! One time she squirted 10 pumps and I am like HELLO, that is expensive shiss, cool it! :lachen::lachen::lachen: Those 3 drops do wonders, It leaves it full and not flatened like Chi or Biosilk!

Ladies My hair measures 21 inches now! :D

Bra strap for me is coming soon! Should be there by JUNE of 2010!!!!

Wow, you're almost there!

I want to join too!

regimen:wash weekly (DC on dry hair or Cleansing Cream and DC), protective styles-bantu knots, buns, and Brazillian Extensions (should have them in by November)

Products:
1.Pre-poos-Lush H'suan Wen Hua pre-treatment and Lush Jasmine and Henna Fluff-eaze pre treatment
2.shampoo/cleansing-Ovation, Lush Rehab (every 2 wks-1/month), still deciding between Kinky-curly shampoo and Curls cleansing cream (1/wk)
3.conditioner-Ovation Cream Rinse, Lush Retread
4.Leave-in-w/o weave-Lush Jungle, Knot Today, KCCC, Giovanni leave-in
5.Leave-in w/ extensions- Giovanni, Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, MOP Lemongrass Lift, CHI Keratin Mist
6. Vatika Frosting, Castor oil, CHI silk infusion, Phytology Range (growth aid)

**I also wear silk/satin scarves and silk shirts

current length-SL/CBL (Right side is like an 1"-2" longer than the left lol)

Goal month-December 2010

Will post pics when I get a new camera.

Wow, you're almost there!

And you know those 2-3 inches are going to take FOREVEER to get here.:lick: I go this weekend to get a relaxer and a trim or a cut, Don't want her to take off to much, she is good at not getting scissor happy!

I want in i am not APL yet i am hoping i get there the latest february 2010 and hopefully i get to bra strap by October of 2010:crossfingers:

And you know those 2-3 inches are going to take FOREVEER to get here.:lick: ]I go this weekend to get a relaxer and a trim or a cut, Don't want her to take off to much, she is good at not getting scissor happy!

Yeah, watch it with those scissors, girl:grin::grin:.

You might even be there with this relaxer, huh... how often do you relax?

ETA: Oh, I see it in your siggie - once every 4 months.

Last edited:
I'm in

Starting Length -APL

picture.php

Goal Month - Sept. 2010

Wash Day - Sun.
Pre poo w/ amla oil/ Vatika Oil / EVOO/ Castor Oil
Wash and condition w/ millcreek keratin or Nexxus
Apply Aphogee 5 min reconstructor
Deep Condish w/ Silicon Mix
Final Rinse w/ Roux Porosity Control
Rinse and apply:
Nairobi Foam Wrapp it
Nexxus Headress
Silicon Mix Leave In
Apply Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Spray.

Wet Set w/ rollers
Bonnet Dryer Dry

Wrap or Pin-curl

Co Wash Day - Wed

Apply Roux Mendex w/ heat to Dry Hair for 10 mins.
Rinse
Final Rinse w/ Roux Porosity Control

Nairobi Foam Wrapp it
Nexxus Headress
Silicon Mix Leave In

Wet Set w/ rollers
Bonnet Dryer Dry

Wrap or Pin-curl

Moisturizer- Profectiv Anti Breakage
Oils - Amla Oil/ Vatika Oil/ EVOO/ Castor Oil

Last edited:
I'm in!!

I'll edit this post w/ my reggie and products tomorrow.

ETA: Okay here's my reggie

Wash and DC once per week

Shampoo w/ CON green, or Redken Real Control, or Nature's Gate Asian Pear and Red Tea
DC weekly with ORS Replenishing (old formula) (sometimes mixed with JBCO or EVOO and/or glycerin)
Aphogee 2 min each wash
Nexxus Emergencee every 4 weeks
Clarify every 4 weeks
Leave in-Nexxus Humectress or Lacio Lacio or Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1
Relax every 8 to 10 weeks with ORS no-lye (I'm thinking of switching to Affirm Lye though)

Last edited:
Wow this one starts up early. Can I join?

My regimen which still needs tweaking is

Mini-plaits for two weeks
med/large twists for one week
twistout for the weekend
updo/bun for one week
then henna, bentonite/poo and dc for that weekend
I will cowash 2/3 times a week when I have braids/twists
Moisturize twice a day with trying to phase in more natural products.

Beginning Pic:

Attachments

• oct 09 length.JPG
    oct 09 length.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 15
Here's my starting pic
BSL by September 2010

picture.php

Prepoo with Aphoghee 2 Min
Wash with ORS Aloe shampoo followed by Aussie Moist 1x a week
Condition with HE Dangerously Straight or Suave Humectant mixed with Porosity Control.DC on dry hair with heat on Fridays with ORS Replenishing Conditioner with castor oil and Porosity Control mixed (put extra conditioner on ends)Final rinse is always COLD water to close cuticle.Detangle only in shower with tooth comb.Moisturize with Kids Organics Shea Butter Hair Lotion mixed with Salerm 21 and seal with coconut oil on hair. Keep hair in sew-ins or kinky twist throughout year, until I reach BSL. Then I will wear my hair out.Moisturize twice a day.Use MN 4x a week

Last edited:
I wanna join!...

Regimen: I Two-Strand Twist mainly, I occasionally press my hair out, i wash and deep condition every 2 weeks. I'm just beggining a hot oil routine as well.

Products your using: olive,coconut,castor,herbal,and silk elements oil, Several GVP conditioners, Cactus Leave-In,Shea Butter, and im pregnant so im taking prenatals.

Starting Hair Length: I'm currently past armpit length

Goal Month: I plan to be Full BSL by May 2010 :)

Picture: i will post a current "starting pic" in early november (when i press my hair out for my baby shower)

I want in i am not APL yet i am hoping i get there the latest february 2010 and hopefully i get to bra strap by October of 2010:crossfingers:

You'd be suprised when you not looking how fast your hair grows, it's like when we are constantly looking it hides but as soon as we ignore it it is too our toes, Crazy! :rolleyes:

Yeah, watch it with those scissors, girl:grin::grin:.

You might even be there with this relaxer, huh... how often do you relax?

ETA: Oh, I see it in your siggie - once every 4 months.

Yeah I use to only relax once a year, seems as I got older I felt I wanted it more often I bumped it to 2 times a year then to three, Don't think I'd every go quicker than that, I am about to nix it back to 2 times a year. HUH!

I'm in

Starting Length -APL

Sew In Regimen

Spray in between tracks w/ aphogee pro vitamin leave in.
Alternate growth aids / minoval and amla oil.
On the weekends rinse hair w/ water only.
Take out sew in every 2-3 months.
Deep Condition dry with plastic cap w/ ORS replenishing conditioner.
Wash w/ Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair.
Apply Aphogee 5 min reconstructor.

Moisturizer- Profectiv
Oil - Amla Oil

How long do you let your hair stay out in between installs? :)

Wow this one starts up early. Can I join?

My regimen which still needs tweaking is

Mini-plaits for two weeks
med/large twists for one week
twistout for the weekend
updo/bun for one week
then henna, bentonite/poo and dc for that weekend
I will cowash 2/3 times a week when I have braids/twists
Moisturize twice a day with trying to phase in more natural products.

Beginning Pic:

Of course you can JOIN, it's an open registry forum, just to join you introduce yourself, tell us your regimen and let us see a starting pic, at the end of the year we would like to see a finished pic, and in between if you desire PIC PIC PIC! LOL (no picking the nose):drunk:

Please add me to your challenge!
No more setbacks, no more bandwagons, no more PJism.
Sticking to my regimine from now on...

Cowashing & airdrying
Pantene with ayurveda
currently SL
December 2010

I'd like to join this challange too. I'm en route to APL and hope to be there by December 09, so I think I can make BSL next year sometime. I will have to come back and post what my regimin will be, and will post a starting pic after my December HYH challange reveal.

ETA: I think I will more than likely be using Aphogee, ORS, along with Hiding my hair and maybe the ocassional growth aide mixture.

I'm in! :grin:

I'll post a starting pic later.....

• Current Hair Length (stretched and unstretched)
    • NL un-stretched/between SL and APL stretched
  • Current Regimen
    • CO-wash (conditioner, amla, shikakai, brahmi mix) & DC 1 -2 x’s per week
    • Mild protein weekly (aphogee 2-min or Aubrey Organics GPB))
    • Henna every 4 weeks
    • Heavy protein (aphogee 2-step) every 4 weeks (2-weeks apart from henna)
    • Use various leave-ins – Aphogee green tea & homemade
    • Seal with extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil
    • Moisturize daily with shea butter (homemade mix of shea and various oils)
    • Air dry/No heat
    • length check every 4 months (blow dry and flat iron, w/lots of thermal protection)
  • Goal
    • Step away from the scissors (slightly addicted). :blush:
    • Healthy, solid APL hair by 12/31/2009.
    • Healthy BSL hair by 06/30/2010.
  • Hair Type
    • Natural, fine
    • 3b/c’ish with pencil to sharpie sized curls and waves.

Last edited:
Okay my starting pic is in my siggy. Pardon my twisted up bra, I just threw it on to take the pic :lol:.

Oh and I received a 1.5 inch trim in August so I hopefully won't have to do another one before I reach my goal.

I just started regularly using protein in maybe May or June so I'm hoping that will help me with better retention. I'm hoping to be BSL by June 2010. We'll see.

Last edited:
I'm on the right track. I just had a relaxer on Tuesday. And had 2 inches trimmed off. I needed it. I didnt trim for a 14 months, so I didnt cry. So by May 2010 I should be BSL or an inch away (my current pic is in my siggy)

Count me in as well.

I am APL now. I've been REAL lazy with my hair routine. Nothing but CW's no DCing lately and somtimes shampooing.:look: I have been keeping it in buns though. I have a plan and a routine in place to get to BSL. I'm not giving myself a deadline, but I am confident I can get there before the year ends.

My routine:
Shampoo and DC weekly
Amla treatments every 2 weeks
Protective styling
I may try some henna also

Last edited:
I am in.

Regimen:
Wash and DC weekly
Moisturize Daily
Mild Protein Monthly

I am looking into steam treatments and henna for 2010. Still researching

Products your using:
Garnier Sleek and Shine Shampoo, Leave in, and DC.
Dove moisturizing shampoo and condish
Dove repair shampoo and condish
Apoghee 2 minute reconstructer
Apoghee leave in
Bantu Shea butter
Hairveda leave in
Suave Humectance (sp?) condish

Starting Hair Length:
Almost APL - have not done a length check but I should make my goal of APL by Dec 2010.

Goal Month: Not really sure the earlier the better but sometime in Dec

Pics if possible! Pic from July in Siggy will update when I get a perm next month

I don't know if I already joined this. Well, I'm joining again because I will NOT settle for anything less than BSL in 2010. Pic in siggy.

Dont remember if i registered neither but im subscribing

No pic i dont know how to put it up
Regimen
MN/Sulphur 8/ Sulphur powder every other night
Olive oil everyday shalf of hair
Wash every 2 weeks
combing twice a month

Back