BSL 2010 Challenge

Hello everyone. I'm joining this challenge unofficially since I'm too late to have my name posted :supergrin:

Regimen: This summer I am wigging it to BSL (halfwigs). Underneath my hair is cornrowed and babied with regular moisturizing and sealing. I also spray a growth aid between my cornrows (Surge). Twice a week I co-wash and DC.

Products your using: JBCO for ends and edges. Motions moisture plus and Mane n Tail to to deep condition. NTM Silk touch to moisturize and Argan oil to seal. Surge Plus 14 for growth. Also will be taking biotin for thickness (5000 mcg).

Starting Hair Length: Full APL as of June

Goal Month: August would be great :look: but December is more realistic for full BSL

Starting pic:
length001.jpg

Ok ladies, can I claim BSL yet or should I wait until the end of the month (as I should gain another 1/2 inch). I made BSB in mid April. I posted pics in here close to a month ago, and was barely grazing BSL. I'm 11 months post into a long term transition and haven't straightened, so my hair may actually be longer than this. I won't straighten until Thanksgiving or Christmas. Let me know, and TIA! :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
I took down my senegalese twists this weekend. From my stretch tests I am pretty confident that I am BSB or BSL, but we will see when I get my Dominican blowout later this week.....

Ok ladies, can I claim BSL yet or should I wait until the end of the month (as I should gain another 1/2 inch). I made BSB in mid April. I posted pics in here close to a month ago, and was barely grazing BSL. I'm 11 months post into a long term transition and haven't straightened, so my hair may actually be longer than this. I won't straighten until Thanksgiving or Christmas. Let me know, and TIA! :)

You look BSL to me!!! Congrats :dance7:

Congrats to all who have crossed over to BSL since I last posted!

My tail stretched is maybe 2inches away..BUT i'm trimming today because my ends have begun to tangle & that's my signal to trim...it's been about months since my last trim i'll be taking off no more than 1".

Great job! You'll need to change your username though, because you aren't soon2Bsl anymore...you are there! :lachen:

congrats!!!!

You look BSL to me!!! Congrats :dance7:
Thanks!!

Great job! You'll need to change your username though, because you aren't soon2Bsl anymore...you are there! :lachen:

congrats!!!!

Lol, thanks!! Yay, I guess I'll claim it then huh?? Woo hoo! Can't wait until I straighten my hair in Nov/Dec...I'm hoping to be MBL or atleast grazing it by then! Thanks ladies! Oh yeah, and it's funny because I thought about if I should change my name too :)

Last edited:
wow...this thread is so encouraging. congratulations to all who have made it so far.....look for me in your rear-view mirror...LOL!!:lachen:

I'm hanging in there. I need 3 inches just to touch BSL. Uggh! I'm kicking up my effort for the summer by exercising, increasing water intake, and improving my diet. Hope it works.

I am actually feeling like I will make full BSL by the end of the summer!

BLACKHOYACHICK stop faking your bra is LOW your BSL milady come on and claim it girl, :) :lachen:

For real your already there so here it is :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Soon2bsl ---- > U know your BSL :D :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
YOU grow Miss Ladies, your ladies are doing so great in here. WOW, I am so EXCITED!!!!!!

SCREAMing look at this, imagine how many thought they wouldn't make it and look at these beautiful heads of hair BSL and beyond.

You two better get up in the MBL and WL Challenge. I took the sister who recommended WL challenge and I unofficially joined that challenge.

Congratulations ladies your hair is phenomenal :)

Last edited:

I'd claim the heck outta that!

BLACKHOYACHICK stop faking your bra is LOW your BSL milady come on and claim it girl, :) :lachen:

For real your already there so here it is :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Soon2bsl ---- > U know your BSL :D :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
YOU grow Miss Ladies, your ladies are doing so great in here. WOW, I am so EXCITED!!!!!!

SCREAMing look at this, imagine how many thought they wouldn't make it and look at these beautiful heads of hair BSL and beyond.

You two better get up in the MBL and WL Challenge. I took the sister who recommended WL challenge and I unofficially joined that challenge.

Congratulations ladies your hair is phenomenal :)

Aww...thanks JJamiah! You're hair is beautiful and you have great progress! I joined the MBL challenge about a month ago, and just lurk over there. I guess I may start actively posting over there now :) Ok you ladies really make me feel like I can claim it now! Woo hoo! :grin:

I'd claim the heck outta that!

Aww...thanks! I'm all excited lol. :)

wow...this thread is so encouraging. congratulations to all who have made it so far.....look for me in your rear-view mirror...LOL!!:lachen:

:lachen: thats funny, i feel the same way, i think i still need about 2-3 inches at least, congrats to all who have made it, its encouraging to see. wish my hair didnt grow sooo slow :wallbash:

hey ladies!! I'm not sure if this challenge is open to anyone but i've recently subscribed so now i can post :grin:

i'm hoping to reach full BSL by the end of summer:yep:

Attachments

• PICT0490.jpg
    PICT0490.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
hey ladies!! I'm not sure if this challenge is open to anyone but i've recently subscribed so i 'unofficially' joined :grin:

:welcome:

my-everything welcome, You don't have much to get to BSL so I see you reaching that very very soon.

ok so JJ bullied me into running and taking some pics. My hair is dry and shrunken so they are not the best. (There may be a little more length hidden in there). I will do a wet stretch after I cowash tomorrow. But here is the best I can do and I guess....I am BSL!!! (which is major cuz I wear my bra LOW lol).

25alsoy.jpg

15zi34k.jpg

**I have fine strands so it looks thin or invisible at the ends because that is just how fine my hair is. Don't let the density/volume fool you lol

:poke:ok so JJ bullied me into running and taking some pics. My hair is dry and shrunken so they are not the best. (There may be a little more length hidden in there). I will do a wet stretch after I cowash tomorrow. But here is the best I can do and I guess....I am BSL!!! (which is major cuz I wear my bra LOW lol).

25alsoy.jpg

15zi34k.jpg

**I have fine strands so it looks thin or invisible at the ends because that is just how fine my hair is. Don't let the density/volume fool you lol
:band2: :band::weird::yay:

:D

Congratulations BHC!!!!!!!

Not in this challenge...but you ladies are awesome sources of inspiration!!

I'm so close, yet so far away!!!!!

Welcome!!

Happy Memorial Day. Just like everyone else, I know you all got some cute hairstyles for today. I want to give a shoutout to "SHTOW" she did a tutorial on Flexirods on flat iron hair. Well I I decided to give it a shot and im glad I did. However my hair was still kind damp, but its still came out good enough for me. Well I know threads are worthless without pics. So heres a couple.

Excuse my camera I didn't clean my lenses and one of my flexirods got wet while showering, however I still like my hair. I did it myself too. Double applaud.

Thanks again SHTOW for the tutorial.

Your hair came out really pretty.

Hello everyone. I'm joining this challenge unofficially since I'm too late to have my name posted :supergrin:

Regimen: This summer I am wigging it to BSL (halfwigs). Underneath my hair is cornrowed and babied with regular moisturizing and sealing. I also spray a growth aid between my cornrows (Surge). Twice a week I co-wash and DC.

Products your using: JBCO for ends and edges. Motions moisture plus and Mane n Tail to to deep condition. NTM Silk touch to moisturize and Argan oil to seal. Surge Plus 14 for growth. Also will be taking biotin for thickness (5000 mcg).

Starting Hair Length: Full APL as of June

Goal Month: August would be great :look: but December is more realistic for full BSL

Starting pic:
length001.jpg

Welcome!! Your hair is fab!

Claim it!!! Congratulations!!:grin:

hey ladies!! I'm not sure if this challenge is open to anyone but i've recently subscribed so now i can post :grin:

Your hair is beautiful, welcome!!

ok so JJ bullied me into running and taking some pics. My hair is dry and shrunken so they are not the best. (There may be a little more length hidden in there). I will do a wet stretch after I cowash tomorrow. But here is the best I can do and I guess....I am BSL!!! (which is major cuz I wear my bra LOW lol).

25alsoy.jpg

15zi34k.jpg

Congratulations!! You made it!!

Last edited:
Checking in, still using the Ayurveda, sulfur, and ceramides. I'll finally post an update pic. the end of this month after I do my tu.

I put some two strand twists in my hair yesterday, I used s-curl and sealed them with some of my body butter (shea,essential oils, ect) I'm going to try and leave them in for two weeks.
I had my DH give me a length check before I started and he said that most of the ends are half way down my bra and the few strands that are just randomly always longer than the others are past that about 2/3rds of the way. My bra strap is about 3 inches wide. So I have about 1.5 inches until I can claim BSL. Then 4 inches to waist. I knew I had a short torso but dang >_< once I get to waist I will trim and start letting these layers catch up a little.

I put some two strand twists in my hair yesterday, I used s-curl and sealed them with some of my body butter (shea,essential oils, ect) I'm going to try and leave them in for two weeks.
I had my DH give me a length check before I started and he said that most of the ends are half way down my bra and the few strands that are just randomly always longer than the others are past that about 2/3rds of the way. My bra strap is about 3 inches wide. So I have about 1.5 inches until I can claim BSL. Then 4 inches to waist. I knew I had a short torso but dang >_< once I get to waist I will trim and start letting these layers catch up a little.

Sounds like your already there & that 1.5 inches will bring you to about MBL.

Another one who is not claiming their rights :) oh well...

:congrats: on reaching BSL/BSB :D

The bottom layers of my hair now stretch to BSL, but I'm not going to claim it just yet. I want for the middle area to reach it before I officially claim it. I'm not really worried about the front near my forehead or my hairline since it's layered shorter anyway.

I need to retain all of my growth this summer. I'm bunning it up.

ETA: This also makes me kinda sad. The next hair marker is MBL. I was thinking about stopping my growth journey once I reach MBL. I don't wanna end it :( . But then again, once I reach MBL, I could cut off the colored parts of my hair, going back to between APL and BSL and then grow to MBL again. Maybe I'll stick it through to WL.

Last edited:
Just completed 9wks of braids under wig going for wk 10. I've never gone past 9wks before but I'm hoping this will help me get more retention. hhg

I didn't want to claim BSL untill I made it past the strap, because the top of the strap doesn't seem far enough from my armpits. But I'm cool with claiming midback and BSL and BSB all at once :) maybe I have a litle hair anerexia

I didn't want to claim BSL untill I made it past the strap, because the top of the strap doesn't seem far enough from my armpits. But I'm cool with claiming midback and BSL and BSB all at once :) maybe I have a litle hair anerexia

It definitely happens but I find that what happens is we perceive BSL to be longer. Like myself it will be almost to my waist before I was probably going to claim it. LOL

My hubby was like no dear your there already. LOL

Ladies if you made it claim it and Don't worry about what others think here. It's your Journey and your right. Peace and love, have a great weekend!

:)

It definitely happens but I find that what happens is we perceive BSL to be longer. Like myself it will be almost to my waist before I was probably going to claim it. LOL

My hubby was like no dear your there already. LOL

Ladies if you made it claim it and Don't worry about what others think here. It's your Journey and your right. Peace and love, have a great weekend!

:)

Because the thank you button is not enough.

Back